Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Extenders

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Extenders

I probably missed it somewhere,but never seen any mention of these:

Belltech shock extensions are designed to relocate the lower shock mounting point for correct shock angle and travel. All Belltech shock extensions are manufactured of heavy duty stamped steel and are powder coated for a lasting finish.
    Last edited by '02HD#3982; 06-01-2007 at 03:48 PM.

Around When I Can...
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Well........ i've never seen those mentioned because i did not know Belltech made some.

So Cal Speed Shop or someone of that nature from Cali makes a set that everyone uses and loves, never knew there was another option. Do you have them?

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Nope,,dont have any.Just going through the BellTech site,checking out spindles for my '97,and stumbled upon these.But I rembered people saying SoCals were a PITA to get,so these may be an option.

#4954, 12APR01
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    maybe Belltech just came out with their own version???

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Here is a useful ink to their application catalogue :
    http://www.belltechcorp.com/download...RD_TR_SUVS.pdf
    The application chart shows 97-03 F-150 Std & Extended cabs + 97-03 Quad Cabs. I do not believe they fit S-CREW's.

BBU

Yeah, it's fast...
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    i think quad cab is a s-crew. if you look at the application chart it shows 2 different part numbers for Std & X-cab (1 part #) and for quad cab (2nd part #). What other cab configurations did Ford make besides regular cab, extended cab, and supercrew?

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I was thinking that too H8.The description for the 2nd PN is confusing.I'm not sure,but was thinking '97-'98 were 3-dr ONLY,,,,with no s-crew till '01.At any rate,,,,what would be the difference between the shock mounts anyway?

Yeah, it's fast...
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    apart from having some interesting conversation regarding what they mean by the despcription, somebody needing shock extenders should just give them a call and ask. They know what a crew cab f-150 is and whether their part will fit.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Don't H8
    i think quad cab is a s-crew. if you look at the application chart it shows 2 different part numbers for Std & X-cab (1 part #) and for quad cab (2nd part #). What other cab configurations did Ford make besides regular cab, extended cab, and supercrew?
    DH8,
    I researched the 2002 F-150 Model Year, and you are correct. Ford made the Std Cab, Ext Cab & the Screw. The new PN that Belltech shows is likely the SCREW PN. I'm calling Monday to confirm. I checked with Les Schwab Tire yesterday & the PN (6657) for the "Quad Cab" retails @ $73.65 a set. If they are the correct PN for the SCREW I'm going to try'em & postup results.
    Last edited by Blu Buy U; 02-25-2007 at 03:59 PM.

Yeah, it's fast...
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Good deal! I was just trying to logically think through what was posted by Belltech, but there is no better way to find out other than to call them. It is a little confusing though since they list the "quad cab" as 97-03...

World's Fastest Street HD
    Name: Josh

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    the cab configuration shouldnt matter at all for the shock mounts. they are probably just going off most of the earlier f150's or lower end model ones didnt have staggered shocks. i think so-cal had a big mixup too because they thought certain cabs or year harley trucks didnt have staggered shocks either. thats where the difference comes in. just whether the truck has staggered shocks or not, and all HD's do, so the shock extenders will be different for each side.

interesting to see they have them listed now. i hope they fit better than so-cals. what a PITA putting those on!

Charter Member
    Name:

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Belltech came out with the shock extenders late last October. The only other solution until then was SoCal's. I would certainly hope they fit better than the grinding/filing required for SoCal's! SoCal's were $68. Belltech's are $79. Still a lot of change for a simple piece of bent/drilled steel!

World's Fastest Street HD
    Name: Josh

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    time for *** to start making some nice bling bling polished/anodized ones that actually fit right

Work In Progress
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    That what I was just thinking, can always count on him to make a proven reliable product.

2002 DSG HD
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Harley#356
    time for *** to start making some nice bling bling polished/anodized ones that actually fit right

+1 ^^^^^

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast