Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: March 2007 Truck of the Month - Congrats to Chris "cpharley" Pitts! (NHTOC #164)

Yeah... I drive fast.
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Thumbs up March 2007 Truck of the Month - Congrats to Chris "cpharley" Pitts! (NHTOC #164)

Welcome back campers!

After a three month reign by Cali HD's, it was time to switch gears a bit and give a NHTOC old schooler some well deserved credit.

This months edition of TOTM goes to Chris "cpharley" Pitts and his 2001 Harley F150.

So without further ado....

Question # 1: What sparked your interests in the Harley trucks?
    Specifically your HD Truck?

What sparked my interest in Harley trucks is style. I knew I wanted an SUV or truck when I started looking. I initially wanted a Lincoln Navigator, but it was out of my price range at the time. When I really spent time researching SUV's and trucks online, I thought the Harley truck was the best looking by a long shot. The glistening 20 inch wheels basically sold me. The only other truck that was even close to making the decision a little difficult was the Lightning. In the end, looks won out and I ordered my Harley truck.

Question # 2: Any interesting stories behind the history of vehicles
    you've owned leading up to the HD truck or how you got it?

My prior two vehicles were hand-me-downs from my parents to my older sister, then from my sister to me. She always was the one to get a new car, and finally it was my turn. Backtracking to fall 2001, I was allowed to choose any vehicle under 35k for my college graduation present. After weeks of research, I was convinced the Harley truck was the best looking truck on the market. There were still a couple of months before the 2002's began production. I looked into the 2002’s, but was too excited to wait. I thought simply slapping on a supercharger was the only difference. I regretted that decision not to wait, but in the end I have exactly what I want.

My local dealer made a trade with another dealership to get my truck. I remember driving over to the dealership at about 10 pm the night it was supposed to arrive, and the guy who delivered my truck pulled in right behind us. I still remember looking all through it that night. The next day my parents went with me to the dealership and we signed the paperwork. I brought it home with a big smile on my face that night.

Question # 3: Give me a rough list of the mods that have been done to your truck. I know you've got a lot done, so you can just list for favorites if you'd like!
    SVT Lightning Supercharger and accessories.
    2003 F150 Harley 100th anniversary badges and Console lids.
    Full-length front console
    2003 Harley center caps and front grille (with J-jent matching lower)
    2003 Speedo with “Supercharged” inscription
    JLP Shortblock (New heads with stage 1 comp cams and valve springs)
    Stiegemeier Stage IV ported Eaton
    Blackwood Chrome Trim and door handles
    JL Audio Stealthbox
    Sirius Radio
    Harley Boost Guage, Innovate Digital A/F, and Trans Temp
    2001 SVT Lighting Head lights, Tail Lights, and 3rd brake light
    Cervinis Ram-air hood
    I have a ton more engine mods in my garage waiting to be installed

Question # 4: Tell us a little about yourself. Your other hobbies, your job, your favorite past time, whatever!

I graduated with a Degree in Computer Information Systems from Indiana University. I now work in IT. I am an IT Project Manager for Cummins Inc. I guess you can say my favorite hobby is playing video games. I love football and I have collected every release of NCAA College Football by EA Sports for Playstation since 1997. Other than watching football and playing video games, I love to fish and mod my truck. I live on a lakefront property. So, many of summer evenings are usually spent fishing. My days are fairly predictable.

Question # 5: You've been a member on the site for a while now, what is one of the best things you like about the site that keeps you around?
    I think like most others it is the “mod-bug” that keeps me coming back. I also like that NHTOC has a more mature group of members. Just like any relationship, some of us can argue every once in a while but in the end most of us are trustworthy and nice individuals. A lot of members on NHTOC have done a lot to help out others they didn’t even know. You won’t see the same camaraderie on other websites. That is what keeps me here.

Question # 6: What is one suggestion to help make the site a better place?
    Keep doing what you are doing. This is one of the only sites I “regularly” visit. I wouldn’t change anything.

Question # 7:
    This is where I normally ask about where you decided on your screen name and any specific reason for choosing it?

My screen name is fairly simple. I registered at Ford Truck World as cpharley2001 with CP being my first and last initials. When Ayrton told me to come check out and register at NHTOC, I just dropped the 2001 from my screen name.

Question # 8: Almost at the end, what is in the future for your truck?, so what’s the next plan of attack for your trucks future?!
    I want to finish the install of my new engine and get it tuned first and foremost. Maybe a Carbon fiber Driveshaft and some Long Tube Headers may follow. I am also thinking maybe a new cowl hood to replace my Cervinis? I toss around the idea of repainting the truck. I always loved the ’02 DSG, but do not know what color I would go. 2003 Lower Valence is definitely a possibility.

Question 9: Last and final question, just an open end question for if you had anything else you wanted to mention that I didn’t have a question for...here's the place to go at it! Your website link, a plug for something, etc. etc. whatever you want to throw in!

Nope. I have nothing else to add. Just want to say thanks for choosing me and say what a privilege it has been to be a part of this community.

And with that, I would like to say on behalf of the entire community at NHTOC, thanks for being a supporting member for all these years, and for always being there to help everybody out!! Congrats on TOTM March, 2007!
    I know I'll be looking for you at World Ford Challenge!
    Last edited by Speedin Bob; 03-05-2007 at 12:34 PM.

"Fuzion" 1986-2007 R.I.P.
    Name: Troy

Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts
    Congrats!! And nice truck!

4Sale in the classifieds
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Way to go Chris!!!!

Supercharged '01
    Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Thanks guys.

Yeah... I drive fast.
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    edited first post

fixed the image link. ;)

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Yeah! another 01

Congrats

World's Fastest Street HD
    Name: Josh

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    Congrats CP!!!!! always have had one of the nicest 01's on the site!! this is a well deserved, long overdue award!! good to see you recieving some of the recognition thats deserved for all the work and effort you've put into the truck and given to the site Congrats man!

Bob...my delayed TOTM habbits wearing off on you now? haha

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by 1jt
    Yeah! another 01

Congrats
    might as well be an 02 lol. like you i also struggled to get either a lightning or harley truck. sweet ride

Another member of the BOC
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Congrats CP!!

RLTW!
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Thumbs up

Way to go, nice.

Saint

Name: Dave

Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
    Congratulations!!!

needs more cowbell!
    Name: Sheridan

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Way to go!
    Yes officer... I am aware of how fast I was going!

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Congrats Chris. Pictures don't do it justice. My wife and I saw it last summer when I dropped off the wheels he bought from me, and the truck got the thumbs up from my wife also. This is relevant because she did not like the HD's in black until she saw this one. When I test drove them new in '02 and she saw the black one, she didn't like it. When a DSG came in, she said OK. When I did purchase a few years later, she said it was OK as long as it wasn't black. But she quickly changed her tune when she saw this one. Good job Chris, keep it up.

Supercharged '01
    Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Grey Wolf
    Congrats Chris. Pictures don't do it justice. My wife and I saw it last summer when I dropped off the wheels he bought from me, and the truck got the thumbs up from my wife also. This is relevant because she did not like the HD's in black until she saw this one. When I test drove them new in '02 and she saw the black one, she didn't like it. When a DSG came in, she said OK. When I did purchase a few years later, she said it was OK as long as it wasn't black. But she quickly changed her tune when she saw this one. Good job Chris, keep it up.
    Thanks for the compliments! You guys haven't picked up another yet? I thought for sure you would have come back by now.

Name: Scott

Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts
    great truck!!!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast