Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: New ALumni?? Mako is back to the brotherhood!

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Smile New ALumni?? Mako is back to the brotherhood!

Well, Looks like I am back!

I have been nosing around the last week or so and still see a lot of familiar names and people I talked to and dealt with a couple years ago (Mr Blue, 2002grey, josh, fuzion, and more).

Not sure how many of you remember but I had an 02 DSG with lots show mods and lots of go mods, that was a total loss due to a tornado in November of 2005. Insurance was very generous with me and I replaced it with a sport trac. nice vehicle, but once you are bitten by the harley bug... well you all know how that goes.

I got rear-ended in the trac a copule weeks ago and due to a faulty heater actuator decided to let the dealer do the body work so they could do some warranty work at the same time. When I went friday to pick it up the owner of the dealership and I started talking. he was the one who sold me the DSG in 02, and he was mentioning that he was still shocked that I bought the trac and not another HD. We talked about the differences and why i hadn't and he basically told me I couldn't have my trac friday night, and instead had me drive home a brand new 2006 supercab HD. AWD, and all the trimmings. Wow, felt really good to be back in a HD, but just couldn't see myself doing it with 6 and 8 year old daughters getting in and out of the suicide doors all day. So i took it back saturday morning and picked up the trac.

Sticker was over 41K, and he immediately came down to 32K and 1000 over book for trade on my 2005 sport trac (which I actually was lucky enough to own out right thanks to Shelter Insurance, shameless plug). told him thanks but i would wait a year or two and keep the trac. Of course he called sunday afternoon, monday evening, and again this morning leaving voicemail. I dropped by today to pick up something from the body shop and he cornered me there. Asking me what he could do. He had literally had the HD on the lot for 1 year this month and really needed to move it. They had special ordered for someone that had jerked him around for 8 months about picking it up and never would.

Well, before the day was out i ended up trading with him. ended up getting it for 28,500k out the door. i had called Randy in Denver and he actually sent me the invoice on it so I know they took a pretty big loss. but his loss, my gain!

So, I need to get my dues back in and up to date and start spending all my time on here again! Yea!

Looking forward to lots of great information and friendships renewed!

Jim Magee
    Jonesboro, AR

2006 F-150 HD # 3053

no mods yet... only 53 miles on the odo!

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    We kept the candle burning for you Sir, good to have you back in the fold...

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I remember that ugly pic of your truck all beat up.Welcome back!!!!

ResFirma Mitescere Nescit
    Name: stew

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Hey welcome back Mako!

JUST FOR SoFlaHarley
    Name: Adam

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    congrats bro. welcome back

Man this is expensive!!!
    Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Welcome home Jim...you will be happy to know some of your parts from the 02 are still alive and well on my truck.

#4954, 12APR01
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    welcome back. And sorry for what I am about to say.........so post 'em up, noob!!! (j/k, man!)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by kromdom; 03-06-2007 at 09:55 PM.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    man Krom, thats just harsh! first post back in about a year and half and you are already bustin on me! lol

I was actually just thinking about taking some pics, but it is dark now and I just got home with it about 5. was going through the 3 paper boxes of CRAP that I had tucked away in all the little nooks and cubbies of the trac. Trying to get everything arranged into the new HD.
    I haven't driven a modded S/C'ed HD since mine, so I know this is a lot slower, but compared to the V6 Trac it feels like a race car!

I have already looked at how easy it is to take the spacers out of the rear to get it closer to level, and looks like the GF 3/5 kit will have to be the first item.

thanks for the welcome back guys!

ResFirma Mitescere Nescit
    Name: stew

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Yup....drop that pig.....and lol little of your old ride in a few of our trucks...

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I have already sat looking at the dash, wondering what I can paint... the DSG dash pieces were perfect contrast with the black dash. not sure what to paint in this one yet! But... those D@M^ plastic tailgate and door handles!!!

Cripes, here we go again...

Name: Dave

Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
    Wow, sounds like you got a great deal.

Welcome back!!!

Go Dawgs
    Name: Terry

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Welcome back, glad you got you another HD.

shenanigans
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    wow, glad your back! you got a good deal!!
    2001 Harley Davidson F150 SuperCrew w/ many mods SOLD

closer to done!
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    awesome man, i remember seeing pics of your old truck. good to have ya back..

Supercharged '01
    Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Yeah, I think I remember it too. Didn't it happen somewhere in Indiana? Anyways, glad to have you back and good deal on the truck!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast