Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Group Buy on Split Cowl Hoods

shenanigans
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    yeah mine had damage when i got it too, shouldnt be too expensive to fix. but i know it still sucks.....
    2001 Harley Davidson F150 SuperCrew w/ many mods SOLD

Truckless........for now.
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ClockworkOrange
    Got mine yesterday....

with a huge f(*&(*in' dent in it!!!!!!
    If the dent was too big, should have refused shipment. Make them replace it. But since it was signed for you might be stuck with it.

Black Max Coming Soon!
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    mine had a little dent in the front left corner.

Dr. Strangelove
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by y2k_harley
    If the dent was too big, should have refused shipment. Make them replace it. But since it was signed for you might be stuck with it.
    Stuck with it I am. It's not too big. Since I have to have it painted anyway, might as well just have the shop pop it out and smooth it down while they're at it.

Black Max Coming Soon!
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ClockworkOrange
    Stuck with it I am. It's not too big. Since I have to have it painted anyway, might as well just have the shop pop it out and smooth it down while they're at it.
    indeed

shenanigans
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    shouldnt be too much to fix. my bill was only like $250ish, and that included fixing the damage and repainting my front bumper.....

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I unloaded 2 hoods yesterday morning. Not a scratch on either of them. I inspected them before I let them off the truck. Got mine installed this morning. Took a little adjusting to get it to line up. The back edge was pretty low compared to the fenders so wound up putting washers between the hinge and the hood. The gaps between the hood and the fenders seems a little wider but don't think there is anything you can do about that. Drove it into town and couldn't believe the number of people "rubbernecking".

Man this is expensive!!!
    Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Mine has not arrived yet....

Black Max Coming Soon!
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I unloaded 2 hoods yesterday morning. Not a scratch on either of them. I inspected them before I let them off the truck. Got mine installed this morning. Took a little adjusting to get it to line up. The back edge was pretty low compared to the fenders so wound up putting washers between the hinge and the hood. The gaps between the hood and the fenders seems a little wider but don't think there is anything you can do about that. Drove it into town and couldn't believe the number of people "rubbernecking".
    same here with the washers on the passenger side only, "on mine". and yes a whole lot of broken necks.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cobra94
    same here with the washers on the passenger side only, "on mine". and yes a whole lot of broken necks.

Hmmmm, mine also needed more on the passenger side. about 5/16" on the passenger, and 3/16" on the drivers. Its about to the point of needing longer bolts on the passenger side.

Man this is expensive!!!
    Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Did everyone else get thier hoods?? Mine has still not arrived yet and Mike said he was shipping it like 2 weeks ago.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 2manytrucks
    Did everyone else get thier hoods?? Mine has still not arrived yet and Mike said he was shipping it like 2 weeks ago.

Find out what shipping company he used and get ahold of them. Should have had it by now.

Man this is expensive!!!
    Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Nope....no friggin hood yet!!!!! I called Mike and he said he would have to get back with me on where the hood was or if it had even left yet. He said "we have been having difficulty with our trucking company". Mike also told me to tell you guys that the hoods did not leave his facility with any damage. It must be the trucking company's fault. He wants you to know that he sells a quality product. I told him that I wish I could confirm that, but I don't have my hood yet....

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 2manytrucks
    Nope....no friggin hood yet!!!!! I called Mike and he said he would have to get back with me on where the hood was or if it had even left yet. He said "we have been having difficulty with our trucking company". Mike also told me to tell you guys that the hoods did not leave his facility with any damage. It must be the trucking company's fault. He wants you to know that he sells a quality product. I told him that I wish I could confirm that, but I don't have my hood yet....

That sucks, I would think Mike will take care of you from the impression I got from him while I was setting this up.

Black Max Coming Soon!
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    That sucks, I would think Mike will take care of you from the impression I got from him while I was setting this up.
    Everytime i talked to mike he took care of me, and he always called to keep me updated. cant say anything to help your situation, but when you get it it will be worth the wait. good luck.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast