Thread: Group Buy on Split Cowl Hoods

Hybrid View

Truckless........for now.
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I unloaded 2 hoods yesterday morning. Not a scratch on either of them. I inspected them before I let them off the truck. Got mine installed this morning. Took a little adjusting to get it to line up. The back edge was pretty low compared to the fenders so wound up putting washers between the hinge and the hood. The gaps between the hood and the fenders seems a little wider but don't think there is anything you can do about that. Drove it into town and couldn't believe the number of people "rubbernecking".

Black Max Coming Soon!
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by y2k_harley
    I unloaded 2 hoods yesterday morning. Not a scratch on either of them. I inspected them before I let them off the truck. Got mine installed this morning. Took a little adjusting to get it to line up. The back edge was pretty low compared to the fenders so wound up putting washers between the hinge and the hood. The gaps between the hood and the fenders seems a little wider but don't think there is anything you can do about that. Drove it into town and couldn't believe the number of people "rubbernecking".
    same here with the washers on the passenger side only, "on mine". and yes a whole lot of broken necks.

Truckless........for now.
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cobra94
    same here with the washers on the passenger side only, "on mine". and yes a whole lot of broken necks.

Hmmmm, mine also needed more on the passenger side. about 5/16" on the passenger, and 3/16" on the drivers. Its about to the point of needing longer bolts on the passenger side.