Thread: service soon Q

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

service soon Q

hi there mark and kerry here

keep getting the service soon light, plug the little black box in(well orange code reader) and comes up with p125 something to do with closed loop temp of the petrol if i remember correctly

had a word with me local garage and he believes it could be a co2 censer, however he aint done much on yank tanks

btw it has no effect on the perfomance

so do we have any ideas??, as i have a friend from orlando landing uk bound in june and i think he mite have to bring me some parts and pieces, unless i can get it painless this side

thanks again

mark

Truckless........for now.
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Mark and Kerry

The code P0125 is "Insufficient coolant temp for closed loop fuel control". I'm just guessing but might be a bad thermostat or bad temperature sensor. What does the gauge read when warmed up?

Doug

we're Flyin
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    P0125 is definitely your Thermostat not working properly. Basically it is opening to soon so the coolant is not getting warm enough as soon as it should. There are several sensors that check ambient temperature against coolant temperature and that helps the ECU decide how much fuel to pump through i.e. choke. If the engine temp hasn't reached a particular level within a certain time, you get the code. You will find that on Warm/hot days the code will not appear.

I've had this problem on my 2003. A new stat fixed it, no problems since.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    thanks guys

did not put down it was a 2003 100th , also it just does it when it wants , like did a 20 mile blip on friday and on it came a good 20 mins into the journey, weekend before 2 hours into the journey on came the light

just come back from leeds this morning ( 40 ish miles ) all ok so no pattern

also Ianf where did u get yours from and how much?? (part no)

regards mark and kerry

Truckless........for now.
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    A thermostat used to be a generic item. Just get the recommended temperature for your vehicle. Im not sure if our trucks take anything special. They are a pain to install because you have to partially drain your cooling system. It installs inside the housing that the upper radiator hose connects to. Your local mechanic should have no problems fixing it.

The part should only cost a few dollars, but the labor to install will take an hour or two. They should put in new coolant also.
    Last edited by y2k_harley; 03-11-2007 at 12:25 PM.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    160 too 180 range

we're Flyin
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Kerry

I brought mine back from the states, sorry don't remember the Part number. You can either contact one of the vendors on the Forum, sure they will send you one or I find Tropical Ford in Florida fairly good and they send me bits when I need them. (parts@tropicalford.com) If you are stuck I will try and get one for you. but try the Vendors first, they are a great bunch of guys. I managed to change the stat without changing the coolant by draining some off, saving it, filtering it and returning back, as we cannot buy the correct coolant here in the UK.

What you are experiencing with the light is exactly what I got, all depends on the ambient air temperature.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    hi there

well found that cas motors can get me 1 for about 12.50 + vat in about 48 hours, and they are only 20 miles down the road

stant 13779 (well he said 13779 on the phone)

will keep you all informed how it goes but me thinks it will be a couple of weeks befor fitment

regards mark