Thread: Gaylord Texan

Gone Hunting
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Gaylord Texan

Since it was Spring break we figured we would hang around Dallas a little longer and try something new. So we got a room over at the Gaylord Texan. All I have to say is, this thing is huge!! It's got that Los Vagas style hotel theme but minus the slotts. The sports bar reminds me of a Vagas hotel...it's got huge screens! I think they got around 3 places to eat inside the hotel. The in room food is awsome...could give some places around Dallas a run for their money. It's got a 30 min garantee and it's 24hrs! They even had a Coffee bar place opened 24hrs. I believe they even have a night club right beside it but I never got the chance to check it out. The only down side to the place outside of the pricey rooms, was it's located right by the DFW airport. So it wasn't uncommon to hear thunder all hours of the day or night lol It wasn't real bad but you want find me buying a house in that neighborhod

Always working
    Name: Big John

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    sounds nice, Ill prolly never go unless someone else pays tho, Ive never been into the resort thing really, just the Coronado in San Diego and Gaston's in Bull Shoals Ark. other than I stick to the condo in Destin or Costa Rica.
    The G/F keeps trying to get me to go to Vegas somtime, may give in this year.

"Fuzion" 1986-2007 R.I.P.
    Name: Troy

Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts
    Several of my coworkers have stayed there and LOVED it!

Gone Hunting
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TX Harley Guy
    The G/F keeps trying to get me to go to Vegas somtime, may give in this year.
    Oh heck John, you got to try it atleast once in your life. I did and I'll never go back lol

Always working

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    lol yeah, Mai's dad gave us all tickets and hotel for New Years 06 in Vegas but I had to work, they went and enjoyed it, Im not a Vegas person I guess, give me a nice beach, good weather and some good company and Im happy.

Gone Hunting
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    That beach idea isn't all that bad...I did it once and couldn't get enough of it Vagas is ok I guess but I got a little bored. I guess it reminds me to much of home...desert lol I'm more into scene...mountains, trees, water, and Historical stuff.

Around When I Can...
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I've never been to a beach... or Vegas, but by god i have been to Alaska! I will soooo go back to Alaska!

Gone Hunting
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzion
    I've never been to a beach... or Vegas, but by god i have been to Alaska! I will soooo go back to Alaska!
    That is on my to do list for sure!!

It's a life long dream to see every state and Alaska is high on that list. I've seen the whole west cost, just need to see Alaska and Hawaii. I haven't made any plans on my state travel list this year other than Kansas city, MO this September

afterburners on!
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    The company that I work for does all of the audiovisual setups for most of the big hotel chains. The Gaylord Texan being one of them. I work at the Westin Galleria so when I travel, I pay close to nothing for the room and my meals are half off. I know, it's a bad thing.

I haven't stayed at the Gaylord yet but I have been there for dinner with the fam and it is awesome inside and out. I also have a friends that work there so I'm taken care of whenever I go there to hang out.

So far, I've traveled to Cancun, Mexico City, Orlando and the Bahamas and have been lucky to get an employee rate for all. Hawaii is definitely next on my list.

Gone Hunting
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DallasHD
    I work at the Westin Galleria ,
    You do say, we've probaly run into each other at some point. The wife and I like to stay there or the hotel behind you guys. I'm not sure of the name but it used to be a Hilton.

My Screename doesn't work
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Well i just got back from Panama City Beach a few days for Spring Break and it was crazy!

Always working

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    hmmmm, Club La Vela by any chance?

Gone Hunting
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    The wife wanted to go hang down there Charlie but I said no way. It's just to crazy for me, and besides I'm married. It's not a bad place for a single person

My Screename doesn't work
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TX Harley Guy
    hmmmm, Club La Vela by any chance?
    Hell yeah!!! La Vela is sick lol
    We were staying at the Majestic Towers same place Lil Jon and Ying Yang Twins were staying at