Thread: underdrive pulley's

SpRaY ThaT DoG
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Angry underdrive pulley's

what was suppose to be a simple 30 min install turned into hell which included a trip to ford,autozone, & murrays..first problem of the install came when u couldn't take the plastic fan cover off with out completely removing the fan..the fan was hell to take off..it refused to even budge but come hell or high water we got it off..so then the belt had to come off well the idler arm snapped in 3 parts(but at least it freed the belt) ..so after a trip to ford and 1 tore up belt we got the belt off..so i took a trip to autozone to retrieve a belt & the idiot gave me a belt from a 03 harley..which we didn't figure out til' the end..needless to say i went somewher else to get a belt but then the stock pulley which was being swapped gave us problems..yea its hard to take off..but a wrench,metal pipe,and some muscles finally got it off..then came the balncer..just as hard but we were alredy commited to getting this f-ing off so we said f-it..it came off much easier then the pulley did..then grinding needed to be performed in order to get the belt on..it is much easier to just grind the whole section off u'll see what i mean if u perform this..so it was just 1 thing after another..the entire setup to put back together maybe took 30 min..but to get down to the core took hours..so maybe it was just us..but i suggest if u decide to put these in set aside a few hours..it was worth it though..

#4954, 12APR01
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    whew! glad you got things sorted out.