Thread: WTB: Sub/Speaker Box for 2000

Hybrid View

In-cog-nito
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

WTB: Sub/Speaker Box for 2000

Does anyone have a speaker box they want to get rid of for under the rear seat for a 2000? OR where is a good place to by one from. I'm not quite sure where I'm going to put the amp tho as these trucks were not set up for a stereo system. I don't want to get rid of my center console or use it for speakers/amps as I have my "stuff" in there. Thanks!! Jamey

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    MTX makes a Thunderform...
    http://www.mtx.com/caraudio/products...XP16_specs.pdf

They have 2 8's and are around $239-269 depending..and there is a space for an amp. You can also buy them with an amp built in to make it easier.

Then there is Q-Logic..
    http://www.qlogic.ws/products/q_cust...0&groupID=6125

Or... Probox

can't get the exact one to show up..but here is the one for a 04..looks almost same
    http://www.proboxrocks.com/products/...0L/index.shtml

I am building an enclosure in my center console...I can't lose the space under my rear seats...

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    JL makes(or did make) one also.
    I bought a MTX(Thunderform w/2-8's) off e-bay for $150(used) shipped for my '97.Not bone rattling bass,but for the available space,it's not bad.And make sure you get one for a '00-newer.'97-'98(and maybe '99) take a different one.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by '02HD#3982
    JL makes(or did make) one also.
    I bought a MTX(Thunderform w/2-8's) off e-bay for $150(used) shipped for my '97.Not bone rattling bass,but for the available space,it's not bad.And make sure you get one for a '00-newer.'97-'98(and maybe '99) take a different one.
    Yep..JL makes one too for a single 10" sub I forgot about that one. I bid on one before on ebay.

I like the looks of the MTX box but was not sure the 8's would do it for me...

In-cog-nito
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I ended up buying 12" Audiobahn Flames subs with an underseat box and amp that will have to go under the passenger seat, I would imagine. Thanks for the help and links!

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    In my '97(ex-cab) the box is on the right side(obviously),and still had room on the left for a fairly good sized MTX amp.In my friends '00 XLT(ex-cab) with a JL box,we put both amps(a 4-ch & 2-ch MTX),stacked on the left side.