Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: New feet!

4X4 POWER-STROKEN
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Snake
    Thanks Randy. To get things right the first time, I'll MAKE a trip to Daytona.

When are you coming back down to FL?

--Snake
    SOON I just Sold my Last 2 F-650's that I had in Denver. I will be coming down to FL to pick-up 1 or 2 more. I will give you a heads up this time.
    randy

Sumo Blue
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Please do.......I'll make the time to meet up with you. And if you're going to be in the Tampa area, I have extra bedrooms. Nothing like a home cooked meal!! For clarification, I won't be doing the cooking unless we're grilling.

--Snake

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

update......

Hey Guys, After the dust settled, still have some rear end "hopping" from 46 - 50 mph. Above that, 90mph so far, smooth as glass. I now believe my problem to be in the driveshaft complex. This is a link to a very long thread on another site and it seems my symptoms are very common. http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum30/index3.html[/URL]

This will be my first dealings with a driveshaft fix and was wondering if a local shop here in Charleston,SC would do or should I order on from a specialty shop with bettter u joints,etc. Finally shimmed the carrier bearing a full inch and it helped or maybe it's just me wanting to believe it's better. While under the truck I noticed that the carrier rubber bushing had about 3/8 - 1/2 inch of play while moving the driveshaft back and fourth. Is this too much?
    Also, there were 2-3 inch tears in the middle of the rubber on both sides.

Now that I have my truck looking the way I want it, I'm on a mission to improving the ride as much as I can. This is with the understanding that my choice of rims and tires will hinder me some. Just ordered the "new" Velvet-Ride shackles made by www.Sulastic.com, then I'll address the driveshaft issue after deciding wether to go local or order, then If needed I may look closer at my choice of lift which is www.cageoffroad.com 4". May even go with the Talon suspension. Any thoughts or experiences are greatley appreciated.
    Jonny

Sumo Blue
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I dunno.....but someone on another site was talking about using centramatics with the 10 lug adaptors with great success. No idea how they work, but some people swear by them.

--Snake

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5