Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Wanted: Rear L-Spec Bilsteins

El Presidente
    Name:

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Thanks for the hookup. Can't wait to get those.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kromdom
    good idea to have the rear shocks BANDED, makes it so much easier to install. and ratcheting wrenches will be a big plus also.

The band is what cost me so much time(and profanity).Got the shock lined up on top,cut the band,gave the band a yank,and part of it stuck on the threads.Cross treaded the nut,had to take the shock off and tap and die the threads.NOT A F**KIN HAPPY INSTALL!!!!!!!! I think I'm the only one this has happened to(OF COURSE).

ResFirma Mitescere Nescit
    Name: stew

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    IF you cant band them...and you are using shock ext, then jacking the rear up as far as you can (letting the rear suspension hang down as far as possible) makes it really easy to install the rear shocks....you only have to compress the shock bout an inch. Without the rear shock ext....you will have to compress around 3 in....using a jack to compress it up to the hole makes it a lot easier to.

Truckless........for now.
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bgstew6
    IF you cant band them...and you are using shock ext, then jacking the rear up as far as you can (letting the rear suspension hang down as far as possible) makes it really easy to install the rear shocks....you only have to compress the shock bout an inch. Without the rear shock ext....you will have to compress around 3 in....using a jack to compress it up to the hole makes it a lot easier to.
    Who ever wants to do things the easy way? Never seems to work out that way it seems. When I put the spindles on it went way too easy........still waiting for something to go wrong on that one. Maybe I got lucky.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I have my 2003 Lightning Bilsteins for sale, all 4 for $100 + shipping. Great condition and pic's. E-mail if interested. Thanks,

Andy
    blown4dr@cox.net

Truckless........for now.
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Blown4DR View Post
    I have my 2003 Lightning Bilsteins for sale, all 4 for $100 + shipping. Great condition and pic's. E-mail if interested. Thanks,

Andy
    blown4dr@cox.net
    Already found a set. Thanks anyway.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2