Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Lowering a 07 2WD

Name:

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by huot5 View Post
    Mine is to be delilvered as I soon as I give the ok to ship down here.
    I'm trying to get the dealer to throw in a tailgate liner to match the bed mat. I will be getting a roll n lock or pace setter installed as soon as I get the truck.

but first I need to demod my 02 DSG just a bit more....
    I hear ya, I have asked to have the dealer installed spray in bed liner as well as the rear head rest monitors installed by the time I pick the truck up.
    Also I have requested that the remove the factory installed decals and to not install the front liscence plate bracket. Then it's time to get the front windows tinted and the rear!

I actually demodded my 03 to afford what I want to get done with the new truck so I know where you are coming from on that. lol

I have a set of smoked tail lights as well as a smoked third brake light at home ready to install when I have the truck.

Later...
    Bruce

Who Dat is
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Black 2003 View Post
    I hear ya, I have asked to have the dealer installed spray in bed liner as well as the rear head rest monitors installed by the time I pick the truck up.
    Also I have requested that the remove the factory installed decals and to not install the front liscence plate bracket. Then it's time to get the front windows tinted and the rear!

I actually demodded my 03 to afford what I want to get done with the new truck so I know where you are coming from on that. lol

I have a set of smoked tail lights as well as a smoked third brake light at home ready to install when I have the truck.

Later...
    Bruce
    Yeah Bruce, you're prepped and ready to go with the new HD.

Where'd you get the smoked lights? I think esdonkeyboy has them also.

Tints definitely to be done on my truck also. I will be anxious to look at the Whipple set up by hopper in person

and then there's the GF 2 / 4 drop soon to be planned..

Name:

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Yeah Bruce, you're prepped and ready to go with the new HD.

Where'd you get the smoked lights? I think esdonkeyboy has them also.

Tints definitely to be done on my truck also. I will be anxious to look at the Whipple set up by hopper in person

and then there's the GF 2 / 4 drop soon to be planned..
    Actually I am staying on here as a moderator but I have on order a new FX2 Sport with all the goodies and a 5.4 with 3.73 limited slip.

The tinted tails I bought off EBAY, not the greatest quality so I had the seller credit back the cost of shipping and I will have them re-cleared at some point. The third brake light is smoked and Bully sells them (Bully carried by most NAPA and Auto Zone locations) I got off EBAY as well.

Later...
    Bruce

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Bruce a close friend of mine is taking possession of a Rousch modified next week..

Name:

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dbl G View Post
    Bruce a close friend of mine is taking possession of a Rousch modified next week..
    The Nightmare??? Or the Roush F150??? I think I saw the Nightmare at one of the local dealerships down here. I'll have to stop in and get pictures of it and window sticker.

Later...
    Bruce

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    R 150

Who Dat is
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    EBAY is your friend http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2007-...QQcmdZViewItem

I don't like it. All black exterior and the weather here in South FL do not go well together.
    Pass on the wheels and ride height. better off with the N/A Harley then slap a S/C on it.
    Last edited by huot5; 07-24-2007 at 09:41 AM.

Name:

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    lol! It's a regular cab FX2 Sport!!! Then again you get a go fast truck with a factory warranty for probably a little less cash one would spend to get their truck to the same level. Not to bad for high $45k.

Later...
    Bruce

tdr6874
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Black 2003 View Post
    lol! It's a regular cab FX2 Sport!!! Then again you get a go fast truck with a factory warranty for probably a little less cash one would spend to get their truck to the same level. Not to bad for high $45k.

Later...
    Bruce
    its an fx2???? i thought the fx2's had gray not chrome headlights and painted door handles...45 is paying sticker and then another 20 on top of that...i think i could come ahead way farther with 45k to put on a 26k truck that you could get for less than 20k...roush and saleen both hit you for full retail on cars and then keep all the stuff that you paid for and then resale it...i like the option that was chosen for the 1100 stx special edition package with the 17 inch machined wheels that you dont get...it looks like this thing was a xl
    Last edited by tdr6874; 07-24-2007 at 03:56 PM.

Who Dat is
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I was training all day while the shop was installing the GF #9933 kit. the shop guy said they had to drop the gas tank. did any of the 07 drop guys have this issue? maybe it was a matter of convenience, but that sounds like a bit much. I can't get to the truck til about 5pm today to check it out.
    00 Artic Silver PORSCHE 996 CAB

67 Camaro RS w/ mods

2003 PORSCHE 996TT

Who Dat is
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    couldn't get it today either. I was up in Ft. Lauderdale. shop guy said that the rear sway bar was hitting the exhaust. now I have to figure cuz the HD exhaust is different from other 06-07 f-150's. I may have to figure going with the L exit SLP loudmouth. has anyone tried this item yet??

Name:

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    I may have to figure going with the L exit SLP loudmouth. has anyone tried this item yet??
    On my list of mods, along with a set of Pacesetter headers.
    Still no truck yet, shows online that is has shipped as of the 18th but has not reached my dealer yet.

Later...
    Bruce

Who Dat is
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Bruce, d'ya get the lowering kit installed? ...did you go with Roush or GF? I ended up buying the Magnaflow #16616 on ebay so I hafta wait til it gets in to inspect it and spec out the install under the truck with the rear sway bar.

here's the sway bar installed, gotta redo the endlinks forr lower Hd truck, cut out about 4 inchess off these badboys

Ended up cutting 4.5" off the endlinks and got the 4.10's installed with the TA perf rear cover.
    Last edited by huot5; 09-25-2007 at 01:49 PM.

Name:

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Oh it's going to be awhile before I get anything ordered for the truck.

Later...
    Bruce

Who Dat is
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Oh yeah, and don't forget a camber kit for the lowered front of these trucks. NDEBT has them. $35 each X 4

definitely needed when going from this (July 26, 2007)

to this (Aug 2007)

I updated camber bolt quantity , my alignment guy said I need all four.
    Last edited by huot5; 09-25-2007 at 01:46 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2