Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: How to Use Sea Foam...

Name: Dave

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Just pulled my charger to change the boot on the back of the intake after having used the seafoam. Guess what... Rotors are striped!!!all the coating was in the intercooler. F*** Seafoam. truck hasnt run the same since i used that stuff. Just my .02

Name:

Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DWillmont View Post
    Just pulled my charger to change the boot on the back of the intake after having used the seafoam. Guess what... Rotors are striped!!!all the coating was in the intercooler. F*** Seafoam. truck hasnt run the same since i used that stuff. Just my .02
    Would disagree with you strongly. I have used seafoam through the brake booster for years and have not seen a problem....as for the boot on the back of the S.C. It is a known fail part...think you anger is in the wrong direction

Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Lets think about this a moment.
    Seafoam did not strip your rotors.
    The CONTAMINATED oil the SC has ingested over time has stripped the rorots and the oil that pools at the bottoms of the intake pan over time has deteriorated the rubber boot.
    Just COMMON SENSE HERE the combustion by products that are found in oil are VERY EFFECTIVE stripper and will deteriorate rubber after time. TheSeafoam just "washed" the coating from the SC case down to the innner cooler inlet.
    Tazz

HiTech Redneck
    Name: Jack

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Here's a pic of mine AFTER Seafoam - rotors were definitely not stripped.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Name: Sean

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I'm gonna have to try this. I've been hesitant for a long time doing this but I think it's time.
    Sean E.
    '02 DSG HD ( Gone but will always have a special place in my heart...)

dragginNCrds
    Name: Will

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Looks like it could be a good thing.. the orileys here has sea foam on sale now too...

~Will
    2002 DSG Harley on 22's ~ build#01450 SOLD
    NHTOC TOTM August 2012

Junior Boost Lover
    Name: Sean

Liked 51 Times in 35 Posts
    I've used it for years in all my vehicles.

Name:

Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts
    just used some tonight on a bike that my brother bought...it had been sitting for two years and when started it sputtered ...drained the gas and added seafoam ...with in five minutes it ran like a champ. It cleaned up the carbs in nothing flat...do the same thing to the mower and edger every spring

Name: James

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    I put a can full in a full tank, but I didnt expect anything to happen. I figure since I'm at 108k, it's a good time for plugs, fuel filter, cleaning the IC and changing the S/C oil to start. My thinking was to clean out all the vacuum lines and get everything clean there before I purchase and install the L&S oil seperator. Any other suggestions while I'm under the hood doing this?

*SOLD - but not forgotten
    Name: Chuck NHTOC #291

Liked 51 Times in 44 Posts

Smile

To really get things clean I think you're supposed to pour it slowly through the brake booster hose with the engine running. Not sure what great effects it will have with just adding to a full tank of gas.

Name: James

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Good ol' injector cleaner. I've told my own mother repeatedly that she'll get worse gas mileage putting 87 octane into her BMW, even though it requires 92. I know nothing of the history of this truck, so I'm giving it a thorough cleaning of the fuel system by running this stuff through the tank before I change the fuel filter. Soon enough will be putting some ATF into the engine for a few hours to give it a good cleaning, then Seafoam through the brake booster before the oil change, S/C and intercooler cleaning...the more 10yr old gunk I can remove, the better.

Name: mike

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    U must be carful if u poor the seafoam in with the old filter it is breaking down the old junk in the filter and letting run the the motor i would change the the filter befor pooring stuff in my gas tank

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2