Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: I Need help

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I Need help

Was up to all HD owners, well I just purchased a 03 two tone HD. I want to change the exhaust any suggestion in regard to brands and quality. I would really appreciate any feedback. Im looking into the Manga flow and flowmaster.

shenanigans
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    most popular seems to be magnaflows on here. i had flowmaster on my old 2000 and didnt like the drone at 60-70 mph. i have had my maggy on for at least 3 years and love it, no issues, no problems. nice and quiet when cruising but real throaty when you hit the gas. alot of guys go with the lightning style exit (in front of rear passenger tire) just for a little customization too. pics in my gallery if you want to see it......hope that helps.
    2001 Harley Davidson F150 SuperCrew w/ many mods SOLD

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    thanks bro, hey what setup do you have?

shenanigans
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    i got a magnaflow "wide open" series muffler, SI/DO in my 2001. 3 inch pipe from behind the cats to the muffler, the 3 inch tips, and welded in.

some of the supercharged guys will chime in with there setups too.....

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    cool bro thanks for your info

ResFirma Mitescere Nescit
    Name: stew

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    How loud do you want it and where are you from......

Maggy all the way....regardless....IMO best sound out there for the trucks nice deep and throaty rumble...just gets louder the more ya mash the fat pedal.

either go with DI/DO 14in or 16in SS ovals louder than stock
    or x pipe and then SI/SO 14 or 16in SS ovals louder than above
    Or go with xpipe and SS round Magnapacks (what I have as well as a few others here...even louder still

Xpipe either internal to muffler construction or external is a must IMO it really smooths out the exhaust note and illiminates the raspy overtones most noticeable at WOT but can tell teh difference at cruise as well.

Now in any of the above mentioned you can drop the stock 4 cat mids and replace with Hi Flo mid pipes (one Hi Flo Cat per side) and that will intensify the sound by 3 times per each combo above.

tHEN YOU can also work into the mix exhaust exit location, either keep it stock exit or opt for Lightning style (in front of the wheels) the shorter the run of pipe also intensifies the sound as well.

little clip and here I have baffles in the tips to tame it down some...LOL

http://video.lightningrodder.com/vid...ab00b61e83.htm
    Last edited by bgstew6; 03-30-2007 at 04:06 AM.

T888 Recall
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    All you Maggy Lovers!!!! That's a girlieman exhaust... <--Spoken in perfect Arnold Swartzeneggar toungue...

Let people know you mean business! Go FLOWMASTERS!!!!

-Del

shenanigans
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    oh yeah the "rooster", lol. still tormenting your neighbors?

ResFirma Mitescere Nescit
    Name: stew

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    for those that love the flowmaster drone LOL...

Clik the clip in my post....I am the Socal Rooster out here....specially when I take the baffles out LOL....oh and no flowmaster Drone

Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    depends on how much coin you wanna put out. Josh's new bassani exhuastthat he just installed is just CRAZY. I got the bassani cat back on my 02 and love it. Im gonna get a set of high flow mid pipe to open it up alittle bit

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I went Bassani for quality and the fact there is no drone!

Back to a KB
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I went with the Bassani BX catback. Cheaper than their normal line and still pretty good quality. I like the "Silver Bullet" Magnaflow Race Mufflers a lot better. But, they were way too loud on my truck. On stew's truck they sound perfect they have a great rumble and very awesome tone. Hehe.. on mine, with long tubes, lets just say you could hear me a mile away. Literally. I'd rev the truck in my driveway and the crack you'd hear would nearly make your ear bleed.

Here's my order of ranking based on flow and performance:
    1. Maggy silver bullet setup
    2. Bassani Stainless Catback setup
    3. Tie
    - Bassani BX Catback setup
    - Spintech muffler setup
    4. Borla
    5. Flowmaster (normally a better than decent contender, but I don't like the design on these trucks)

Charter Member
    Name:

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    jerry91,

First off ... WELCOME! You will find all the info you ever wanted to learn about your truck right here!

IMO, exhaust is a purely subjective personal preference issue. There are lots and lots of different exhaust systems available and even more configurations (w/cats, w/o cats, hi-flow cats or stockers, x-pipe/no x-pipe, cut-outs, size of mufflers, shape/type of mufflers, exit location(s), headers/stock manifolds, etc, etc, etc). I think the best thing to do before dropping any money on an exhaust is to hear some of them! And I don't mean sound clips over your PC! Just determine when the next Lightning/H-D owners' get-together is and show up! You will be able to see/hear different exhaust configurations first hand.

I think generally, however, that most people end-up settling on some form of Magnaflow exhaust configuration

Back to a KB
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    More than personal preference for me.
    I look at what is going to restrict flow, what will allow the right backpressure, and allow me to make more power.

If you only care about how you sound going down the street, then sure pick what sounds best to your ear.

jpanchalk
    Name:

I like the Magnaflow Wide Open series with integrated "x-pipe" (DI/DO) because it allows me to hot swap my Silver Bullet-style race mufflers at the track. Plus you don't have to pay $50 or more for an X, Y, H, or whatever other alphabet pipe you need.

For sound only, I love Magaflow and Bassani.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast