Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Stealth Reverse Lights Installed

Sumo Blue
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Bear -- I'm copying your mod tomorrow.

Can I ask where you ran the wire into the cab? The one that goes from the lights to the relay. I've run in through the plug behind the brake pedal, but that's enough to make ya

And where'd you get the 100w bulbs?

Thanks bro!

--Snake

JAKD 07 Harley
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Snake,

I got the bulbs at Autozone...any H3 100W will work.

I ran the 14 guage wire through the floor board under the carpet. (there is a rubber grommet there).....from there I ran it behind the frame to the rear of the vehicle.

Sumo Blue
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Allright, so where's the grommet?

Thanks again!

--Snake

JAKD 07 Harley
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Snake
    Allright, so where's the grommet?

Thanks again!

--Snake
    Pull the kick panel off and that plastic piece by the hood release (there is one push connector toward the firewall and the front is held by clips)...that will allow you to get under the carpet. If you crawl under the truck...look up at the floor board and you will see the rubber gromet to give you an idea of where it is in the cab.

Sumo Blue
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Got it.

And I'm guessing you ran 1 wire from the relay back to the lights and then split it back there (one for each light)? Instead of runnng 2 wires back from the relay.

--Snake

World's Fastest Street HD
    Name: Josh

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    hey snake when you do this, mind taking some pics and posting them up of where the wires were ran, etc.? just post them up in here. got this linked in the how-to index. will be a handy resource for future modders

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I seen Snakes lights yesterday and they looked great. Oh and Snake you scared the sh&^ out of a couple people yesterday with the horn.

Sumo Blue
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Harley#356
    hey snake when you do this, mind taking some pics and posting them up of where the wires were ran, etc.? just post them up in here. got this linked in the how-to index. will be a handy resource for future modders

Already finished everything but I can offer some insight.

Like BearHunter said, there's a grommet on the floor board in front of the driver's seat. If you remove the kick panel and pull the carpet back, you can't miss it.

And running the wires back was even easier. That grommet has two wires going through it that run from the grommet back to the rear bumper. The wires are loomed and run inside the frame rail. All I did was run the wire through the grommet and left enough to reach the back of the fuse box. Then ran enough wire on the ground to reach the rear bumper (plus a little extra). I bought 20' of wire loom and loomed the wire while it was still laying on the ground and then followed the existing wire from the grommet back to the rear bumper. I ziptied as needed and presto! The wire was run.

Only thing that was different on my truck than on Bear's was the factory reverse wire colors: mine was black with a pink tracer instead of black with a green tracer. Easiest way to find your wire is to pop off a rear corner light and see what color the wires are. Then look for those colors behind the fuse box -- use a multimeter to test which one is the right one. I only had two black wires with pink tracers behind the fuse box. Got lucky and found it on the first try.

The lights come with a harness that will split the power wire you've run into two sets (one for each light). And the harness uses a common ground, so you only have to run one ground wire.

I highly recommend going with the 100w bulbs. They make a HUGE difference.

Only thing that let me down was looking at Bear's pics with his lights on -- his seem so much more bright. And then I remembered that his lights are at least 15" higher off the ground!

--Snake
    Last edited by Snake; 04-23-2007 at 09:26 AM.

Sumo Blue
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by r0adk1ng
    I seen Snakes lights yesterday and they looked great. Oh and Snake you scared the sh&^ out of a couple people yesterday with the horn.

Thank you sir! I wish I could say I came up with the idea

--Snake

JAKD 07 Harley
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Sorry bro...I haven't been here for a while. I'm glad you got it all taken care of
    2007 Dark Stone Harley Davidson F250 Custom built by www.trucktoyzperformance.com
    Special thanks to Trucktoyz Performance, Truckblog, Rize Industries, Autometer, MBRP, Accufab Racing, Painless Performance, Line-X of Friendswood TX, Retrax, OilGuard, and DC Customs
    Also brought to you by Critical Fight Gear and Suckerpunch Entertainment
    ]

Sumo Blue
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    No worries man

It helps when you look at the parts that came with the lights (harness I was asking about)

They do make a big difference and I'm glad I took the time to do it. So now I have Upfitter 1 running the back-up lights, Upfitter 3 as a toggle for my train horns, and Upfitter 4 and a secondary on/off for the compressor. Funny thing is that I was wondering what I'd use the Upfitters for, now I don't think I have enough!

Thanks again Bear! Great mod!!

--Snake

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2