Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Is it safe?

RLTW!
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bmxer901
    I took it for a spin w/o the chip and it sounded great. It was amazing it almost felt like it even had more power. So I guess I should leave the super chip out? I thought that a chip was good. Is it just superchips are crap or somthing I used to have one in my 87 gt and it ran like crap
    I am willing to bet that the chip in it accomodates for mods you don't have. It probably has increased low end timing that is too much, or the A/F down low is too lean. Leave the chip out until you get it tuned, JLP will solve your tuning problems easily. With those mods, like stew said, you will be fine on the stock tune since it comes fat from the factory.

Saint

ResFirma Mitescere Nescit
    Name: stew

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    yeah posted in other thread.....

IF the tune was written for the mods that you say he had on the truck...your mods are almost the same...jsut different manufacturers of parts....

May not have been right for the original mods as well...who knows....keep the chip out....you should be fine. Call your tuner and see if he can write a superchips tune....if not then you will need to get a different device IE Handheld or whatever he tunes with. But if youre going to JLP IIRC he does Superchips. I dont like chips...the versatility of Handheld is so much nicer, (OBDII reader, Dataloggin Capability) make it so much nicer than a chip....

Glad to see it worked out for ya....

Still give her that good tune up....doing all the things I posted earlier...that way you know what has been done and can keep on a good maint schedule.

Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Should I wait till I get my #6 pulley or go get the tune now? I wanna get the pulley as soon as I get the money unless I find one used. There was one alittle while ago floating around but I think I missed it.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I mean if you are gonna go and get a 6lb to throw on her soon....jsut drive her as is (without chip in)....find you a 6lb pulley , save for the tune....then when ready....head up to JLP and get custom tune doen for the extra 6lb's.

now IMO 8lbs over stock boost without a few mor esupproting mods like upgraded pumps, larger injectors and a MAF ext would not be wise.

You could get a 4lb lower pulley, keep your +2 upper on, that way you would be right at 12lb of boost total, no need for pumps and injectors. and possibly only need a Maf ext.

Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I have a stock uper. I was told I have a #2 lower. So that would come off and im gonna put a #6 on
    02 dsg
    Current mods.
    JLP stage 3 motor,kb 2.3, jlp plenum,bassani comp r exhuast,High stall torque converter,2" rear drop, JLP CAI, Accufab TB, Diablo h/h, jlp dyno tune,3.2 upper, #10L, ,mafia,jlp oil ell. kit, dynojet wideband,JLP long bars, JLP IC tank,255 pumps,weapon x coil packs, denso plugs
    08'best:13.151@95.63 402/476
    09'best:11.89@115 548/590
    10'best:11.43@121 549/587

next up:2.6 kb,built trans,

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    got ya....

drive it as is with CHip out...

only other supporting mod besides plugs gapped accordingly might be a maF extender....Johnnny will let ya know if you need one or not.

Yeah, it's fast...
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    good to see you got it figured out...I had a feeling it was a chip.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2