Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Ford Bringing Out Supercharged 2007 F150

SVT Cajun
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Sounds like the motor is NOT built for the S/C but rather a N/A 5.4 with a blower?
    2002 L Frame up rebuild!
    2001 Screw 4x4 Silver SVT powered but up for sale
    2009 F250 HD

NLOC # 1174
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HARLEY6LF250SDU
    ------------------------------------------------------
    UPDATE Fri 4/13
    Have VIN # 1F-------7FB38173
    randy
    So, You Gonna Take This One In Lieu Of Your SD When It Gets Built ??

4X4 POWER-STROKEN
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MJ351
    So, You Gonna Take This One In Lieu Of Your SD When It Gets Built ??
    No Sir. I still like the oil burners.
    Plus I can't afford to hire 2 Hot Ladies to fold my mirrors in for me.
    The 08 Harley SD will have to do.
    randy

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I'm really wishing I had opted for the 2002-2003 H-D or Lightning instead of my '06 H-D upon hearing this news...

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I've been looking to buy the HD and get the supercharger from ford racing, however, now that this information has come out it will save alot of time for me in some ways.

I just wondering why they would not do the upgrade with the 4x4 version?

World's Fastest Street HD
    Name: Josh

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brahmus
    Sounds like the motor is NOT built for the S/C but rather a N/A 5.4 with a blower?
    lol well i dunno if i'd consider the L/02-03HD motors built for a S/C with the crappy rods they threw in haha

i'm a bit skeptical on the 450 hp thing, i know its 3V, but 1 lb less boost than the 02-03 HD's and 110 more crank rated hp

still pretty friggin cool! yeah its pricey, yeah its heavy, but they are definately going to be rare! 4 months into 07, so pretty deep into 07 year production and finally deciding to offer a S/C package. I have a feeling they will be a relatively sought after truck

Yeah, it's fast...
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    the one thing to keep in mind is the blowers are twin screw as opposed to roots...thus will create more power at the same boost levels as roots blowers. However, I'm also skeptical of the HP rating...what i really want to know is what rwhp is on them.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    IIRC, the NA 5.4 in the new F150's have 300 HP, up from something like 265 or 275 in the '02 and '03 NA motors. Adding the twin screw on top of the base HP increase will be higher, but have to agree that 450 at the crank might be a little optimistic. Either way, about d*mn time they wised up a bit. Not many will be built as I doubt many dealer inventory managers are on top of this like Randy. It will take a while to trickle down to Joe Schmoe salesman also to notify customers. I guess no more than 2-3000 will be built (if that).

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Grey Wolf
    IIRC, the NA 5.4 in the new F150's have 300 HP, up from something like 265 or 275 in the '02 and '03 NA motors. Adding the twin screw on top of the base HP increase will be higher, but have to agree that 450 at the crank might be a little optimistic. Either way, about d*mn time they wised up a bit. Not many will be built as I doubt many dealer inventory managers are on top of this like Randy. It will take a while to trickle down to Joe Schmoe salesman also to notify customers. I guess no more than 2-3000 will be built (if that).
    My guy didn't know.

4X4 POWER-STROKEN
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Grey Wolf
    My guess would be no more than 500-800 Hundred total build, with supercharger. I lot of dealers are sitting on 07 AWD & 2WD F150 Harleys now.
    randy

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    450 HP SAE equates to 360 at the rear wheel. The dyno runs I've seen have been well in excess of that.
    FYI, word has it that there are already 500 orders in, after only two days of the order bank being open!!
    If somebody wants one of these babies, they need to keep in mind that the order bank for Harley closes early this year, 5/18/07.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mike
    450 HP SAE equates to 360 at the rear wheel. The dyno runs I've seen have been well in excess of that.
    FYI, word has it that there are already 500 orders in, after only two days of the order bank being open!!
    If somebody wants one of these babies, they need to keep in mind that the order bank for Harley closes early this year, 5/18/07.
    I would have ordered mine that way. I assume it will not go away for the 08 model year so I assume I will keep my 07 for a year and get the 08 SC.

Harley Truck Lover
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    The MSRP for the s/c option is $6,500. That's about a grand less than doing it yourself PLUS you get a 3yr 36,000 mile powertrain warranty (as opposed to a 1yr blower only) AND it can be financed.
    You gotta drive one of these things to believe it......
    I test drove a Saleen S331 with this blower. MSRP $59K and it wasn't as nicely optioned as the HD. This isn't bad, comparatively.

Bastage dealer only wanted to give me $25K in trade for my '06, and at that time it only had 6,000 miles on it.

Time to move on this is when there are several that have been sitting on the ground for a few months, when incentive financing is in play (say late July). If I could get 0 percent financing on one of these later this year, and get some sort of decent trade on the '06, I'll buy one.

Likely will take a huge hit in the shorts on the '06.

In GLOCK I trust
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Good eye randy. I will have to come down and check that baby out!!! Give me a call when she comes in.
    Scott

World's Fastest Street HD
    Name: Josh

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    5-18-07? thats the day my truck turns 7 years old! lol pretty cool

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast