Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: VVME HID Foglight Install question

No more blower...
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    6000K they are...

Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    The main reason I went with the Roush over stock is that even with silicone and epoxy they could possible let water or moisture in where it will blow the HID bulb. Kinda a expensive chance in my book if that happens since the bulbs are $100 a pop.
    Tazz

No more blower...
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    The entire HID kit for the fogs was $100...

Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Mine were like $175 for McCullochs that usually retail for $300 but there one of the best out there.
    I Know,
    but if you blow a bulb you either need to pay $100 for the bulb or switch out the whole unit for a new one. Personally since mine are McCulloch brand ballasts and ignihters I would want to stick with that brand so I would just pony up the $100 for the bulb. If you didn't care or mined having a different brand and switching out the whole complete set then I would probably get the best for the money. Also depending on how you siliconed and epoxied everything together it could be quite a task to switch out the whole unit. Even on mine it would take a bit over an hour to switch out and mine are plug and play.
    Tazz

No more blower...
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I don't want to even to think about that right now. Hopefully they hold up

PiMpInDaSoUtH!
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Where to get the roush set of fogs

"Shadow the Hedgehog"
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DATS TTRAH! View Post
    Where to get the roush set of fogs
    Search is your friend

PiMpInDaSoUtH!
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Is it really that big of a deal to retrofit the h1 hid bulb because i dont want to go through the trouble of having to get them swapped out i also dont want to have to spend more money to headlights instead of power mods!!!

PiMpInDaSoUtH!
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by c dillon go View Post
    or if you buy the kit to fit h1 filaments...
    how do i get that kit because i really dont wanna change the whole housing because i think the stock ones are awesome, i have seen many fog lights and not one shines like the genuine ford does

World's Fastest Street HD
    Name: Josh

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    how do i get that kit because i really dont wanna change the whole housing because i think the stock ones are awesome, i have seen many fog lights and not one shines like the genuine ford does
    The Roush & the HD ones are nearly IDENTICAL. THe one has a bulb cover in the design the one doesnt. Nothing you're going to notice at all unless looking at them directly side by side. Its not like one fog is cloudy and one is clear. And Ford & Roush are in partnership so they're both OEM quality. THere's a reason both directly bolt into the same brackets.

Is it really that big of a deal to retrofit the h1 hid bulb because i dont want to go through the trouble of having to get them swapped out i also dont want to have to spend more money to headlights instead of power mods!!!
    Its a hack job to put H1 HID's into the factory foglight housings. Its really not a plug and play mod, and it turns out more ghetto cuttings, siliconing, gluing, etc. the H1 HID bulb into the stock housing, than to get a stock roush housing that looks nearly identical and PLUG the HID in and go

¤§_The_Noble_Beast_§¤
    Name: Christopher

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I have both 6000K HID's on mine... I also had problem with my fogs... The Rubber O-Rings gaskets on the HID fog bulbs are too stiff and aren't able to lock in place... I simply switch the O-Rings from the original fog bulbs and replaced them onto the HID fog bulbs... And miracles do happen... The O-Rings of the regular fog bulbs are in way better quality and were able to LOCK into place just like bread n butter baby! LOL Hopefully this helps! Save time and money!

No more blower...
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by harley8029 View Post
    I have both 6000K HID's on mine... I also had problem with my fogs... The Rubber O-Rings gaskets on the HID fog bulbs are too stiff and aren't able to lock in place... I simply switch the O-Rings from the original fog bulbs and replaced them onto the HID fog bulbs... And miracles do happen... The O-Rings of the regular fog bulbs are in way better quality and were able to LOCK into place just like bread n butter baby! LOL Hopefully this helps! Save time and money!
    That is exactly what I had to do in the foglights on my F250.

As for fitting the HIDs in the stock F150 housing, I wouldn't go as far to say it is a "hackjob". There is obviously a better way to do it if you have the $100 sitting around for the Roush fogs. However, I used the factory bulb to make an adapter with a dremel tool in which I epoxied to the HID bulb itself. If you plan to take pictures of the inside of you front bumper, it may not look show quality, but it never leaked nor did I have any problems what-so-ever with the install...and I'm a $100 richer these days.

PiMpInDaSoUtH!
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by harley8029 View Post
    i have both 6000k hid's on mine... I also had problem with my fogs... The rubber o-rings gaskets on the hid fog bulbs are too stiff and aren't able to lock in place... I simply switch the o-rings from the original fog bulbs and replaced them onto the hid fog bulbs... And miracles do happen... The o-rings of the regular fog bulbs are in way better quality and were able to lock into place just like bread n butter baby! Lol hopefully this helps! save time and money!
    is this the only thing i have to do to install them, i am hearing that i have to use a dremal tool. Can someone tell me exactly what modifications are needed to get er done!?

"Shadow the Hedgehog"
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    is this the only thing i have to do to install them, i am hearing that i have to use a dremal tool. Can someone tell me exactly what modifications are needed to get er done!?
    Dats, please read this whole thread, I hope you find the answer you're looking for.

http://www.nhtoc.com/vbforum/2000-20...-one-more.html

¤§_The_Noble_Beast_§¤
    Name: Christopher

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    here/s a link to where I got my fogs... Yes they're are ROUSH... get them before its too late! eBay Motors: F-150 STX/HARLEY DAVIDSON PAIR OF REPLACEMENT FOG LAMPS (item 370091853758 end time Oct-07-08 10:10:35 PDT)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast