Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: question about an amp...

And then there was 1
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    got an update..finally got everything installed...the two mtx speakers did not fit well in my box so therefor i went with 2 12" critical mass speakers...got them at a good deal so i went ahead and went with it...got the 4 gauge wires put in...the jl1000/1 amp installed....this thing hits HARD....i am way excited about it...more than the train horn i just installed...which is alot...next stop....the critical mass door speakers that are 900 bucks a pair and a 450/4 jl slash series amp....those door speakers are the best speakers i have ever heard....he turned them up so freaking loud and they were crystal clear...so that is the next stop....which will run me around 1700 bucks....but well worth it in my opinion.....any comments?????????? yeah could not afford the critical mass 5000 watt amps....which go for 2000 a piece....so just went with the 1000 watt ones..
    Int mods....JL 1000/1 amp, 2 12" critical mass 1000 watt subs, CUSTOM dual 12" speaker box, alpine HU, dual a-pillar pod with boost and a/f ratio gauges, meth inj light on a-pillar
    Ext mods.... Viper Security alarm with remote start, 152 DB train horns, carbon fiber tail lights, LED headlights and 3rd brake light, 295/45/20 sumitomo's all the way around, lowered, Cobra-R hood,
    Perf mods Diablo Tuner with Custom Tune, Slide-a-link traction bars, magnaflow true dual exhaust w/lightning exit, FTVB, Methanol Injection, JLP forced CAI, 8#lower w/gatorback, Power Plenum, C&L elbow, SBTB, MAFia on setting 2, Canton coolant tank, Flex-a-lite E-fans,AFCO double pass heat exchanger with twin fans, TR6 plugs, idler relocator bracket w/ pulley's, Oil Seperator, SLotted and drilled Concept rotors with Ceramic pads all the way around
    Best Time
    13.206 @99.6 mph @ slick fayetteville speedway...

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 03hdsc View Post
    got an update..finally got everything installed...the two mtx speakers did not fit well in my box so therefor i went with 2 12" critical mass speakers...got them at a good deal so i went ahead and went with it...got the 4 gauge wires put in...the jl1000/1 amp installed....this thing hits HARD....i am way excited about it...more than the train horn i just installed...which is alot...next stop....the critical mass door speakers that are 900 bucks a pair and a 450/4 jl slash series amp....those door speakers are the best speakers i have ever heard....he turned them up so freaking loud and they were crystal clear...so that is the next stop....which will run me around 1700 bucks....but well worth it in my opinion.....any comments?????????? yeah could not afford the critical mass 5000 watt amps....which go for 2000 a piece....so just went with the 1000 watt ones..
    Buy an alternator for those two amps. You will have clipping with them if you have the gains up at all. A good battery will not be sufficient and you don't want to blow your subs due to a clipped signal.

Josh

And then there was 1
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade09 View Post
    Buy an alternator for those two amps. You will have clipping with them if you have the gains up at all. A good battery will not be sufficient and you don't want to blow your subs due to a clipped signal.

Josh
    thanks...yeah that is what the dealer said....either buy a new alternator...or either some sub batteries...lol..sounds strange but i seen my buddies ride and he had a six pack of the batteries....said they work awesome...so before i get the speakers installed...i will be doing alot of homework...and probably alot of posting about it...any comments on the critical mass subs??

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Yeah, they aren't a bad sub for the money. You won't win any competitions with them, but then again, you won't with MTX, JL, Pioneer or any other mainstream brand. It is all how they sound to your ears. Remember that there is always something louder and better, so if you are happy with the result of your hard earned money, that is all that counts. I have never personally heard the CM's, but have read some reviews and they seem to be decent subs. Just don't overdrive them or you will be disappointed with the results.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Oh yeah, there is something that you could do that might help stave off an alternator replacement. On CA.com it is referred to as the Big 3. Basically upgrade all of your power and ground wires under the hood to 0 guage. This combined with a nice Kinetics battery may just get you by if you keep the gains down a little.

And then there was 1
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    yeah that is what the dealer was telling me about...those kinetic batteries are like 200 bucks installed...so he says...which i would say with the work to change the alternator will be the way i go....yeah i only have 4 gauge right now...and eight gauge still installed from the stealthbox...which is what i was hoping to run the other sub off of... but yeah he told me to definitly put one or two kinetic batteries on the jl 1000/1 and he also told me i would need to upgrade to either 0 gauge for the whole system or either take the 8 out and put another 4 in if i get the critical mass door speakers....they handle 200 watts rms a piece and are the greatest speakers i have ever heard...he turned the two on display wide open that was hooked up to a jl 450/4 amp bridged....it was AWESOME!!!....but of course they better be for 900 bucks a pair....which will be my next project....4 of them and a amp powerful enough to push them...probably the 450/4 amp just to keep everything the same brands...

And then there was 1
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    what is that website?? ca.com???

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5