Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: The modding continues

Sumo Blue
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Gotta love USAA -- I called them yesterday and asked them about the lift and if I'd still be covered. Not only do they NOT care if the truck is lifted, but there's no limit on how high I can go. AND they replace stuff at actual cash value with no depreciation. AND I don't have to call them to let them know everytime I mod: all I need is receipts (and pictures are helpful). Oh, and they're not going to raise my premium for having mods that they have to insure.

--Snake

World's Fastest Street HD
    Name: Josh

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    lucky bastard lol wish it was that easy for mine!

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Snake, still hasn't been real dark yet but from what I could tell on Thurs is that they project further than the stocks and the people in front of me kept turning around to see what was right behind them....if only my damn horn was working...LOL!

JAKD 07 Harley
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Snake View Post
    Gotta love USAA -- I called them yesterday and asked them about the lift and if I'd still be covered. Not only do they NOT care if the truck is lifted, but there's no limit on how high I can go. AND they replace stuff at actual cash value with no depreciation. AND I don't have to call them to let them know everytime I mod: all I need is receipts (and pictures are helpful). Oh, and they're not going to raise my premium for having mods that they have to insure.

--Snake
    Hey bro... I have USAA as well. They are full of it if they are telling you that they will replace at cash value with no depreciation if your vehicle is stolen. Here is the real deal...I lived through it when my 04 was stolen:

1. They offer a "stated value" policy through a third party (not many customer service reps are familiar with this...but you will pay for it...it's not cheap. I didn't know about it until I was going through the settlement process.

2. Before my truck was stolen I called on two seperate occasions to inquire about raising my coverage for my mods, and the rep told me that all I needed to do was produce receipts. ***This was important and I used it as leverage because they record every call they receive***

3. Keep receipts and have a picture of each modification. Good records will help during the settlement process.

4. The settlement amount is based on the "market value" of your truck. I went around and around with them on this as well, because lifted trucks are not all created equal if you know what I mean.

5. My receipts (to include labor, shipping, etc...) totalled over $30,000 (inludes stuff I had inside the truck). I settled only after rejecting 3 offers (which were Bull S*%t offers) and still lost $15,000. Had I rejected the final offer...the next step would have been arbitration.

I was able to recover an additional $2000 through the Army since it was stolen on their property and security was non-existant even though the Threatcon level dictated that security should have been there.

..Anyway, if I were you I would call again and inquire about coverage for your modifications. They will tell you that all you need is receipts...get the name and note the date/time group. Use it as ammo if you ever need to file a claim. Getting it in writing would even be better. The only reason I got as much as I did was because I called to check about them having a record of me inquiring about additional coverage and used it against them.

If you don't want to do that...go ahead and get a "stated value" policy through USAA (they will use a third party). If the rep you are talking to does not know anything about it (and I doubt they will)...ask to speak to the claims supervisor.

JAKD 07 Harley
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    On a positive note though...my premiums have not increased on the new truck.

Sumo Blue
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Awesome info Bear, and I regret that you had to go through something like that to be able to share the wisdom. I'll be making some calls and probably requesting several things in writing before I do anything.

--Snake

JAKD 07 Harley
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Anytime bro

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2