Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The modding continues

Sumo Blue
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

The modding continues

I guess I'm one of those that will go mod crazy for a while and then just enjoy what I've done. Truck sat with no changes for almost 6 months, then the bug got me again.

They're minor mods, but have made a pretty big difference. Great bang for the buck.

Mod #1: upgraded to Silverstars in the headlights and fog lights. HUGE improvement, easy to install, and I wish I would have done this 2 years ago. Part number for the high/low beam headlights is H13ST. Part number for the fogs is 9145ST.

Mod #2: BearHunter stealth reverse light mod. Very easy to do and makes it much easier to back up at night, especially with tinted windows. I've told 3 people what I did, all 3 went and looked for the lights, and none could find them until I turned them on. Thanks Bear!!

Mod #3 (future mod): Aluminum finned differential cover. On order and should be here this week

Mod #4 (future mod): Hawk LTS brake pads. On order and should be here this week.

It never, ever ends

--Snake

World's Fastest Street HD
    Name: Josh

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    nope! never ever EVER ends! it would be no fun if it did! lol

i go through the same thing, mod like crazy, then thankfully for my wallet, (or maybe because of my wallet! lol) slow down for a while and enjoy the new goodies.

4.10's, JLP 3" exhaust, and 2600 Stall converter all this month should keep me happy til hopefully the fall!

I love being Stroked!
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Thanks for the part numbers on the Lights. I'm going to order some very soon.

Do you have any pictures of the lights at dusk or night?

Thanks,

Luke

Sumo Blue
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Luke -- you might not have to order them. I found them at AutoZone. Not on my first try though. I called 4-5 Autozones before I found 'em.

No pics yet, but I'll see what I can do. Standing close to the front of the truck and looking, I couldn't immediately see a difference. Haven't looked at them from a distance yet, but can see a significant improvement when I'm behind the wheel and driving. Its enough of a difference that I'll add this to the mod list on any vehicle I own.

--Snake

Man this is expensive!!!
    Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Congrats on the mods Snake....yeah I know all about that mod bug..... it never ends. I will add your Silverstar part numbers to the SD parts list.

I love being Stroked!
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    We only have one AutoZone here in Flagstaff. I'll just look online and get some.

Did you have to remove the headlamp to replace the bulb? or could you do it all without removing the whole headlamp?

Sumo Blue
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I was able to get the passenger side bulb out without removing the headlamp. The driver's side? I fought with it for probably 30 minutes before deciding to remove the 4 bolts holding the headlamp in. I couldn't get a good enough grip on the back of the bulb assembly to give it the 1/4 turn needed to remove it. After I took off the headlamp, it took less than 2 minutes to remove the bulb. And I still don't have all the feeling back in my thumb 4 days later.

--Snake

Sumo Blue
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Oh yeah -- forgot the Recon Fire & Ice LED lightbar I put on the other week.

--Snake

JAKD 07 Harley
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Your a modding machine bro! You got a lot done in a very short period
    2007 Dark Stone Harley Davidson F250 Custom built by www.trucktoyzperformance.com
    Special thanks to Trucktoyz Performance, Truckblog, Rize Industries, Autometer, MBRP, Accufab Racing, Painless Performance, Line-X of Friendswood TX, Retrax, OilGuard, and DC Customs
    Also brought to you by Critical Fight Gear and Suckerpunch Entertainment
    ]

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Well Snake, I just installed the headlights and fog lights. It is still daylight but I will find out this evening how much difference it makes. Thanks for the idea!

Name:

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Snake is the man with the plan and I have a feeling is so far from being done with modding his truck it aint no joke!!!!

Snake,

I finally ordered me a truck that can tow that darn boat of mine! Not a diesel however but a F150 supercrew that will move it. Atleast till I lower it down! lol Nothing a good set of helper bags can not resolve!

Later...
    Bruce

Sumo Blue
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Ruff -- let me know how you light the lights. I'm really happy with them and wish I would have done them a loooooong time ago.

Bruce -- good mod for the boat! Funny how we'll buy something extra to move our toys around instead of selling the toy. And yeah, things are starting to get out of hand. I finally sold my house in DE and have some money burning a hole in my pocket. A couple of peeps know what I'm up to, but it'll be a month or so before I start purchasing stuff. Don't want to be the one who says "I'm gonna do this and this and this" and then it never happens.

I'll keep ya'll posted, but don't expect the moon. No way I could keep up with BearHunter -- he's set the bar too high!!

--Snake

Man this is expensive!!!
    Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Snake check with you insurance guy on those mods first...a couple of us are having a bit of a problem right now.

Sumo Blue
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Good call 2many -- I haven't updated things in a while with them and don't know what they'll cover.

You referring to GatorCrew over at FTW? I remember seeing his post about his insurance company dropping him because of his lift.

--Snake

Man this is expensive!!!
    Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    yes sir....called my insurance co and got kind of the same story. The SD's have a little more leeway because of our size, but not enough to cover a basic 8" lift. I don't know what these really big guys are doing.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast