Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: May 2007 Truck of the Month - Congrats to Bruce "Black 2003" Leymeister (NHTOC #450)

Yeah... I drive fast.
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Thumbs up May 2007 Truck of the Month - Congrats to Bruce "Black 2003" Leymeister (NHTOC #450)

With the winding down of winter mods and the gearing up (no pun intended) of the summer racing/showing/cruising season, this month's Truck of the Month goes to Bruce (Black 2003) Leymeister and his...well... Black 2003 Harley Truck.

Bruce has been around the Gen2 Lightning/HD scene for several years and has seen it evolve from a simple chippenfilter mod to what it has become today. There must be something that keeps you sticking around eh Bruce?

Question # 1: What sparked your interests in the Harley trucks?
    Specifically your HD Truck?

First off let me say thank you to the club and all it's members that have helped me and have been like a second family to me. It's nice to know there are people out there that are willing to stay up late or take your call on a late evening just to talk or to help you out with something.

It's a Lightning with enough room for the wife and my two sons. Plus Ford added a little more "bling" with the paint matched blower and the interior upgrade over what the Lightning came with. I just wish they hadn't gone with this dash bezel that can only be seen at certain times of the day.

Question # 2: Any interesting stories behind the history of vehicles
    you've owned leading up to the HD truck or how you got it?

I had owned a 2000 Lightning (had around 20,000 miles on it and a hand full of mods) that I traded in for a brand new 2003 Azure Blue Mustang Mach 1. It was a beautiful car with the interior upgrade package and a 5 spd. The car had 5 miles on it when I picked it up from the dealerships and only 30 miles on it when I started modding it. First with removing the air silencers and adding a K&N drop in filter, then it went on to adding different badges inside and out as well as upgrading the exhaust system, short throw shifter, all the typical Mustang mods that MUST be done. The car felt pretty quick and made for a nice daily driver to and from work and occasionally on the weekends. I owned that car till the ODO reached an astounding 800 miles, not a typo. I quickly realized that with two small children, stroller, diaper bags, gear , etc. it was time to move on to something that still allowed me to fulfill my need for heart pounding speed induced adrenaline, yet haul the kids around comfortably. After some research and following the link from NLOC to the Harley board I finally found my answer but it was almost too late! It took me the better part of two days with the assistance of a good friend of mine (Thanks again Drew) that is/was an Internet sales manager for a Ford Dealerships to find the exact truck I was looking for. Seems these trucks were selling fast and 2003 was the "last year" they were going to be produced.

Question # 3: Give me a rough list of the mods that have been done to your truck. I know you've got a lot done, so you can just list your favorites if you'd like!

I really enjoy my Pioneer HU it allows me to watch movies while I drive.... umm never mind.
    The Whipple, I LOVE my Whipple (don't we all?) I haven't had the time to get it to the track so that still remains to be done. So I have the Whipple (JJ@WoodbineMotorSports installed while I took his car for the week) with the stock 3.375 upper and I was running a 6# lower but swapped out for a 4# lower for the winter and am stilling running that, I am also running a MAF extender, JJ@WoodbineMotorSports upgraded the fuel pumps,EGR delete, I went with the clear tail lights from the 01/04 Lightning's, I have a ported and polished stock throttle body thanks to JJ@WoodbineMotorSports, replaced my head rests with Myron/Davis 7" monitors and hooked a slim PS2 to everything for the kids and I to play video games and watch movies. Recently installed a electric fan has been my latest mod. I know I'm forgetting some items.

Did someone say Whipple?

Question # 4: Tell us a little about yourself. Your other hobbies, your job, your favorite past time, whatever!

I'm the father of two of the greatest sons a dad could ask for, my wife is very understanding. We've been married since we were 20 and were both 29 now so I haven't gotten on her nerves yet, guess I wont.
    Hobbies? besides tossing money at the truck, the family and I recently purchased a boat. In the summer months we enjoy boating, pulling the kids in the tube behind the boat or just pulling up on a local beach along the Patuxent River. Those that own a boat know that BOAT stands for Break Out Another Thousand, since every fill up runs me about $200.00 In the winter months we like to travel on the weekends, and show the kids a good time.
    As for my job, I work to support my family and they work at supporting me. I think I would be happier doing something more with vehicles then what I am doing now and maybe that day will come.

Question # 5: You've been a member on the site for a while now, what is one of the best things you like about the site that keeps you around?

It's been said many times before and in many posts. It's the members. The enthusiasm (Stew "bgstew") , imagination (Josh "Harley356" and his build up), creativity (Garrett "DBLG" and his performance goodies).
    All the members of this site contribute so much to this hobby with different paint schemes, sound systems, performance mods, ideas. If there is one thing this site can show the "out siders" is that a performance vehicle not only has to go fast in a straight line but we want to be able to turn and stop. As well as looking good, sounding good, while entertaining the occupants while doing so.

Question # 6: What is one suggestion to help make the site a better place?

We've been noticed by Primedia and with the help of Jim Campisano, Evan Smith, Michael Galimi and the gang at MM&FF we now have "Ford Performance Trucks" a magazine dedicated to our trucks and our Lightning brethren as well as the diesel trucks. So I say if it aint broke don't mess with it.

Question # 7:
    This is where I normally ask about where you decided on your screen name and any specific reason for choosing it?

When I first started on NLOC (Jerry Hart had just taken over as president) I had just purchased a Black 2000 Lightning so my screen name was "Black 2000" , I then traded that in for a 2003 Mach 1 so my screen name changed to "Boss Hoss" (still is on NLOC and some other sites) reason for that name was my father has a Match box toy of a 69 Mustang that was named "Boss Hoss" and I always thought that was a cool muscle car name so I went with that. I even first registered on NHTOC under that name since I had that screen name from the Mach 1 site I had joined while owning the Mustang.
    After receiving a couple of PM's on the Harley board asking for pictures of, or if I owned a Boss Hoss motorcycle I figured it was time for a new screen name so since I have a Black 2003 Harley Edition F150 I had my screen name changed to, yep you guessed it "Black 2003"

Question # 8: Almost at the end, what is in the future for your truck?, so what’s the next plan of attack for your trucks future?!

I am contemplating going with a WoodbineMotorSports built motor or it's hard to even think about this since I know all too well the regret of but trading in and trying out another vehicle. I made that mistake with the Lightning and don't think I'll be too hasty in making it again with this truck.
    If I could and had the time or money the truck would get completely shaved, the stripes and the badges would be ghosted on along with possible some flames or something. Or I may have the badges recessed more into the body so that they appear flush. Upgrading my speakers has been on my to-do list since I first bought the truck and would like to follow those that have the custom enclosures behind the rear seats, looking at doing a large flip down TV to go along with the back two monitors (more is better) and the front.

Question 9: Last and final question, just an open end question for if you had anything else you wanted to mention that I didn't have a question for...here's the place to go at it! Your web site link, a plug for something, etc. etc. whatever you want to throw in!

I want to once again thank this community, it's members.
    Also a big THANK YOU to JJ@WoodbineMotorsports for not only being a true friend with helping to suggest the right mods for my truck(s) but for reminding me of my goal that it has to remain a daily driver and haul the family around as well as haul tail. He really has gone above and beyond what one would expect.

Later...
    Bruce

Thanks for the speedy reply and for the excellent write up Bruce. You earned it chief. The following image is really good. One hell of an antenna mod though.

Bob

My Screename doesn't work
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Congrats!

4Sale in the classifieds
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Great job Bruce!!

ResFirma Mitescere Nescit
    Name: stew

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    CONGRATS BRUCE!! She looks real purdy all Whippled up!!!

BLACK '03 #3104
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Congrats Bruce...to the one that lead me here... Got it looking really good !!
    Last edited by WHINE-N; 05-04-2007 at 10:33 PM.
    WHINE,WHAT WHINE?

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

cool HD Truck

congrads luv them solid black uns well deserved

shenanigans
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    truck looks great man!!! congrats
    2001 Harley Davidson F150 SuperCrew w/ many mods SOLD

Always working
    Name: Big John

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Nice truck!

Congrats!

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Congrats Bruce!!

#4954, 12APR01
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    congrats, BRUCE!!! Your old bumper is still looking might fine on mine!!!

2003 H/D #6809
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    congrats
    2009 G8 GT<--FOR SALE or TRADE for 03 HD
    Vararam|axle backs, H pipe, mids/res delete|pedders coil overs|cortex|DDM 8k HIDs|20% tint|vortex fins|hidden hitch|spohn trailing arms|BMR full bushing kit
    GXP Mods:
    front bumper|diffuser
    SSv Mods:
    SSv badges
    Camaro Mods:
    20" MS rims|SS Brembo's

2007 ZX-14<-------FOR SALE
    16/41|pc3|dual leo vince|asv levers|lowered|DDM 6k HIDs|puig|sliders|ostrich skin

SOLD-----2003 HD #6809-----SOLD

Name:

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Thank you all for the kind words. I hope that all the members on this board realize what a large part they play in the daily mod lives of us Ford'natics!

Later...
    Bruce

PS
    Romeo, I'm so glad you enjoy my old bumper...

Truckless........for now.
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Congrats!

World's Fastest Street HD
    Name: Josh

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    Congrats Bruce!!! Very well deserved TOTM!

Looking forward to running with ya at the track this spring & fall

And then there was 1
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Congrats man...very sweet looking ride....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast