Thread: volt gauge ??????

Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

volt gauge ??????

I am attempting to install my new volt gauge and am having no luck. Maybe im just missing somthing, but I was told it is the easiest gauge to install. Where does the gauge actually hook into?

ResFirma Mitescere Nescit
    Name: stew

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    pos and neg on battery IIRC

World's Fastest Street HD
    Name: Josh

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    rather than running more wires to the battery, cluttering things up, making a mess, and having constant draw on the battery while the truck is off (granted a volt gauge doesnt draw much, but still), run it to a 12V switched and any ground in the truck. This way when the key is in the ignition it'll show the voltage of the truck off (should be little over 12V), when the engine is running it'll show the voltage of the truck while running (should be around 13.5 at idle, maybe up to around 14.5 at higher RPM driving), and when the truck is off and key is out, there's no extra stuff drawing off the battery when there's no need for it

ground wires run to any ground bolt in the cab
    lamp positive run to the light blue w/ red stripe under the headlight switch
    12V switched positive run to under the dash under the column to either the dark blue with light green stripe, grey with yellow stripe, or light blue with pink stripe. all 3 are 12V switched