Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Guaging interest: Urethane motor/ trans mount set

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Maybe this will light a fire under this GB: Stew is making arrangements with the company for a test fit on the mounts on his BLACK HAMMER. Who better to have involved on the technical side than our own GURU? Once he has the mounts installed and makes sure that everything fits the way it is supposed to, hopefully we can get more people interested. As of right now, between NHTOC and NLOC, there is less than 7. These mounts are 100 fabbed up and do not use any stock mounting pieces. These are Urethane mounts and not SOLID. They are durable as well as SEMI flexible. No core charge or exchange on these. There is usually a 3000 dollar set up fee which IIRC is being waved for us. Will keep you posted.
    2003 HARLEY DAVIDSON F-150 #2888 (Black) of 10,047. Born on 1/23/03.
    Formerly "100th#2888"

Dual Magnaflows w/ X, HID headlights, LED rear, L 3rd, Line of Fire, Roush fogs, Eibach 1" front drop, 2" Bell Tech rear drop, "L" spec Bilsteins at all 4, Ported and Polished throttle body, Custom polished stock upper, Volant intake, METCO Idler pulleys, Innovations ProSport. TRADED IN ON 6/3/08. Fun while the ride lasted. U.S. NAVY SEABEES RETIRED.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Stew has been fabbing a one way valve for me ,,,for a year now..

ResFirma Mitescere Nescit
    Name: stew

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    LOL getting real close to pulling the SC and checking the effectiveness of the valve I made up......soon gents soon. I have not had to add one drop of oil since installing the valve.....so signs are pointing to the IT Works..LOL....but proof is in the pudding.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Who loves ya...
    Last edited by Dbl G; 06-12-2007 at 08:35 AM.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    back on topic...should be heading down Next Friday to get this thing started...

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    WEll made it down there today...Met with John and Darin his lead Fabricator...

Prefab Engine Mount test peices are finished...now onto making the Jig and rippin out a test set. Should be hearing something from them soon in about a week.

Top notch operation and these guys KNow there SHAT....quality of work and materials used is top notch.

The traction bars that they have are some stout mothers...you could beat an elaphant down with them...definitley willl be looking into a set of them to replace my METCO Uppers with...

Forgot to add that I took John for a ride....little rip down the street....needless to say he was quite thrilled and saw from the shaker scoop action how much the motor mounts on our trucks allow the engine to move...
    Last edited by bgstew6; 06-22-2007 at 11:03 PM.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Just got off the phone with John: Initial set has been completed and is waiting for install in Stews truck. When it will be completed, I cannot say. After install it will be testing time to see how things are working. More to follow.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    WOuld have been nice to know...lol...I could have gone down today!

Oh well now to schedule a time to get down there....gonna be hard....I will be in the area...but will be involved with testing and unsure of times I would have free to go over and gitrdone right now.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    WEll just wgot back from installing the prototypes....

Dead spot on......and what a difference......

They are stiff, bout half way between stock and solid mounts....I dont get to see my SHaker Hood SHake anymore LOL....

Cured my issue as I was hoping they would. Before the Motor would torque so hard that the Shaker Scoop would slap the side of the hole in the hood. This was even with the Scoop positioned all the way to the opposite side to give it more room to move, now with the new motor mounts and tranny mount it moves only a little.

A little difference compared to stock, in terms of being able to feel the motor in the pedal or brake you can a little more but only in the pedals, not in the seat though...overall greatly improved and very happy.....I paid all the develolpement costs so it was fairly esxpensive for me, but anyone who happens to choose to purchase these will pay 1/4 what I paid for the first set.

OH and INSTALL IS A BIOTCH!!! Just as bad to install motor mounts and tranny mount as it is to install headers....better mod to install with the headers off that is for sure...We did not remove the headers and it was no fun....but after 5 hoiurs wrestling with them the improvment of having them in overshadowed the pain of the install.

More info to follow....sorry I did not get any photos as was pressed for time to get them in but will be getting some from the manufacturer soon enough and hopefully some type of Price breakout for them.
    Last edited by bgstew6; 08-09-2007 at 09:42 AM.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Closing thread soon

Due to lack of interest, I will be closing this Group Purchase because there is "NO GROUP"! If there is interest, pm me and I will pass on the company information. I thought that this would have been something that people would want. guess that I was mistaken. See ya.

World's Fastest Street HD
    Name: Josh

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    its good that the options out there, but its just not one of those mods that are high up on priority lists unless somebody's building a motor and putting them in then. not quite as critical like on FWD cars where they wheel hop they get from the motor shaking is crazy.

did you post up about it on NLOC?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    yeah it got posted up on NLOC....

couple interested in it over there.

I agree....good to put in at time of new motor.....with mine, it cured what was irking the shat out of me...

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bgstew6 View Post
    yeah it got posted up on NLOC....

couple interested in it over there.

I agree....good to put in at time of new motor.....with mine, it cured what was irking the shat out of me...
    Well atleast there is one happy customer. Underdog at NLOC was contacting John about them to purchase a set. Hope it works out. Stew, SORRY that your wallet got raped................. Hope that the hole heals soon.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    yeah...it got raped....but, I got what I wanted and now there is someone that makes poly mounts for our trucks....and future buyers will get the deal I didnt LOL

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Now let's see what it did for your times at the track............

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast