Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Guaging interest: Urethane motor/ trans mount set

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Guaging interest: Urethane motor/ trans mount set

Upon initial conversation with a company here in San Diego area, I have found out alittle about the motor and trans mounts that we use on our severe duty vehicles. Urethane bushed mounts that have been researched and developed in desert racing. The company owner has a "Pre- Runner" truck ('70 Ford) with a 460/C6 combo and he has used this truck as a test platform. Not to SHOCK anyone, but the quoted price for a set of 3 mounts is around 365. When asked if there was a larger purchase, the price per would reflect. That is 2 motor mounts and 1 transmission mount. I told him what the application was (HD / Lightning) and he said that he could do it. I went as far as to ask what kind of warranty there was and the reply was to the effect of - If it breaks, it is replaced. i already had a converrsation with "The MOD KING" Stew and I think it might be something to look into further (which is what I'm gonna do). Please post up if interested.
    100th

Interested:
    BgStew
    Harley#356 (possibly)
    Last edited by CONMECH; 06-03-2007 at 09:47 PM.

ResFirma Mitescere Nescit
    Name: stew

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Not to mention that they are used on all the Tactical Vehicles as well....and if those pigs can take a pounding that the heavy azz vehicles can dish out....

You know I am looking for something better than stock...I am down...
    Last edited by bgstew6; 05-30-2007 at 11:18 PM.

World's Fastest Street HD
    Name: Josh

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    they already make them for the S/C 5.4? or they are going to make them? I've never seen any alternative to the stock motor mounts for the N/A or S/C before (drivers motor mount is different between the two). I'm sure a number of L guys would be very interested as well.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    first thing out of my mouth when Marshall and I discussed this little while ago.....

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    i'd be down for a set eventually, so interested in getting them made up, but not about to pull my LT's to get the MM's in there anytime soon would definately like a set for the next motor though

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Our conversation last week sounded as if he had been r&d-ing the application already. He was asking of oil filter location, etc. As stated above, I will be in contact with the company soon to go through the process and check out the facility if possible. MORE TO FOLLOW!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    set of spare mounts....all ?s would be answered for him...he would have his template....

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    if there's not many spares floating around, mounts go for about 50 a pop from ford. the passenger side mount is the same for all 5.4's, the drivers side for the S/C, the rubber mount is the same, but the metal bracket its on is different due to the remote oil cooler/filter relocator assembly.

just another idea to maybe cut costs down, if he's basically making a stock bracket with urethane insulator instead of rubber, would there be any way to do a core exchange? where he swaps the rubber out for urethane on the brackets? or maybe just sell the urethane inserts themselves?

if he can get that part cut out, rather than the entire bracket, the cost shold drop to 75 bucks or less

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    we already discussed that one to

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I'll ask about that the next time we talk.
    2003 HARLEY DAVIDSON F-150 #2888 (Black) of 10,047. Born on 1/23/03.
    Formerly "100th#2888"

Dual Magnaflows w/ X, HID headlights, LED rear, L 3rd, Line of Fire, Roush fogs, Eibach 1" front drop, 2" Bell Tech rear drop, "L" spec Bilsteins at all 4, Ported and Polished throttle body, Custom polished stock upper, Volant intake, METCO Idler pulleys, Innovations ProSport. TRADED IN ON 6/3/08. Fun while the ride lasted. U.S. NAVY SEABEES RETIRED.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    If there are hp mods done and you are not 100% with the stockers............... Think about it!
    I am gonna get with the owner of the company this week to get as many questions answered. If there are any specific questions that you gearheads want answered, POST 'EM UP and I'll and them in. I'm thinking of letting this Guaging interest thread go for about 3 weeks to a month. Remember, it was stated that the higher number of participants, the lower the price. This is also posted over at NLOC and all numbers will be tallied up for a grand total of interested parties. I know, "What payment methods will be accepted?". That is one of the many questions that will be addressed. MORE TO FOLLOW.

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    as i earlier said, i'd like to know if there'd be options for like a core exchange if they can use stock MM brackets and swap out the rubber for urethane to maybe cut some costs off.

other than that, no other questions off the top of my head i can think of.

i'd post up a link in the main 00-02 forum though. not many people frequent the GB forum, so i'm sure most dont even know this thread exsits cuz i'm sure a number of fella's would be interested!

M.HYDE: 2000 HD F-150 #0356 of 8197, Built 05/18/00, Bought 07/03/00, 700/784, 09.89@138.78
    *Worlds Fastest Street HD: '08/'09/'10/'11/'12/'13****Worlds Fastest Eaton Powered HD: 12.19@112.48 11/17/07*
    D.JEKL: 2000 HD F-150 #1552 of 8197, Built 06/20/00, Bought 06/25/09, 372/450, 13.75@099.46 (*SOLD* 10/15/11)
    REPTAR: 2012 SVTF-150 #2893 of ????, Built 01/19/12, Bought 08/26/11, ???/???, 14.93@091.30
    HASTIE: 2011 GT Mustang 5.0 6-Speed, Built 10/29/10, Bought 11/11/10, 392/352, 12.00@117.79 (*SOLD* 05/14/13)
    BADGER: 2013 Explorer Sport 3.5L TT, Built ??/??/??, Bought 05/14/13, ???/???, 14.53@096.25
    GEN.0L: 1985 XL F-150 w/'94 Lightning Donor Engine Swap, Holley Projection EFI, 03 HD Paint

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    They will start from a raw application on these I would wager, one really need X amount of movement in one or the other. If you ever explored using solid mounts before or plates. They will generally state leaving the rear as a flexible piece.
    With saying that, I myself wonder how much if any flex is left by these...
    IN MEMORY OF
    Blake (Fuzion) Finnel 12-3-1986 - 08-11-2007
    NHTOC #120

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    just did polyurethane MM inserts on my GF's SRT-4. now a transverse little 4 bangers rock forward and back a whole lot more than a normal RWD V8, but i'm sure it'll have somewhat of the same feedback of engine vibrations through the driveline and wheel. just something else to think about because for some people that may drive them nuts. me personally i'd still be down to give them a shot, but just a headsup to keep in mind

Bobby Bouchet's neighbor
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    same here. I put poly mounts on the RX7 and it transmits all the road stuff and engine torque noise staight to the chasis.This is OK for drag but this and rear diff bushing makes everything else break or rattle.
    When we stiffen up everything thing then stuff like the dash and interior panels will give.
    Your truck is becoming a race car/truck.....
    MODS:
    MMR 900HP block,Crower Hi-lift Stage II cams,L&M adjustable cam gear,JLP alluminum intake,Accufab TB,JLP Cold Induction,Dekka 60 injectors,twin 255 Fuel pumps,Accel COPs,Reichard Bbower spacer,Kenne Bell 2.3 with Magnum Powers Idler Bracket,Cobra WP,twin row radiator,F250 trans cooler mod,PI torque convertor, Brian's Truck built transmission,Carbon Fiber driveshaft, Bilstiens, slotted rotors, LFP traction bars, Bassani hi flow mids to Magnaflow, SS brake lines, Chickenears Twin Fan , AFCO interchiller, LFP E fan (2nd edition),JLP aluminum intercooler tank,Autometer boost guage, Aeroforce H/D Gauge , Pioneer AVCII , Alpine TV,Alpine speakers,two Bazooka subs,sound matting,stop theif door plates,satillite radio.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast