Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Lowering the front

Name:

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Lowering the front

Would a set of stock Lightning front springs work to lower the front of an 07???

Later...
    Bruce

World's Fastest Street HD
    Name: Josh

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    hmm...would be interesting to know. I think i've still got my set of cut L springs.

my guess is going to be no though

Name:

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    I have a set of un cut springs sitting in the shed, just hoping the answer is YES.

Later...
    Bruce

Name:

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Harley#356 View Post
    hmm...would be interesting to know. I think i've still got my set of cut L springs.

my guess is going to be no though
    I think I've made up my mind and want to get the Roush lowering kit.
    Real nice set up, check it out.

To improve the handling characteristics of the already fantastic Ford F-150, Roush has developed a performance-tuned suspension for each model. The suspension application features: front coil springs, rear leaf springs, larger solid front stabilizer bar and specially valved shocks. This application creates a dramatic appearance enhancement by lowering 2-inches in the front and 3-inches in the rear. With a leveled and lowered stance, the Roush F-150 is capable of producing .89gs of lateral acceleration – a distinction that’s typically reserved for exotic sport cars, not the top volume selling American truck.

Later...
    Bruce
    Last edited by Black 2003; 06-22-2007 at 01:10 PM. Reason: added more info on the Roush set up

World's Fastest Street HD
    Name: Josh

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    should be a sweet setup! and improve the handling to boot with coils/leafs instead of just reusing stock spring/leafs with spindles & flip kit. tattoostuff had the roush setup on his old 02 HD and the thing handled great

maybe do up a nice how-to with step by step pics for the new gen f150 suspension?

Name:

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Harley#356 View Post
    should be a sweet setup! and improve the handling to boot with coils/leafs instead of just reusing stock spring/leafs with spindles & flip kit. tattoostuff had the roush setup on his old 02 HD and the thing handled great

maybe do up a nice how-to with step by step pics for the new gen f150 suspension?
    Sounds like a plan, maybe even do a video how to but with out all the commercial interuptions and the magic of TV already assembled parts.

Later...
    Bruce

Who Dat is
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Black 2003 View Post
    I think I've made up my mind and want to get the Roush lowering kit.
    Real nice set up, check it out.

Later...
    Bruce
    looks good. have you considered a rear sway bar? I am going with the 1" hellwig (black pn#7663). belltech also has one ( silver on# 5548). Roush prolly has a nice blue to match the front.
    I'm already thinking some modification has to be done with the rear sway bar endlinks cuz of the GF drop. gotta wait til it comes in, then get installed....hmmmm

Name:

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by huot5 View Post
    looks good. have you considered a rear sway bar? I am going with the 1" hellwig (black pn#7663). belltech also has one ( silver on# 5548). Roush prolly has a nice blue to match the front.
    I'm already thinking some modification has to be done with the rear sway bar endlinks cuz of the GF drop. gotta wait til it comes in, then get installed....hmmmm
    I would get the rear as well, yes.

Good point. Let us know what you run into so we can plan around or know what steps are going to be needed to get completed.

Later...
    Bruce

Who Dat is
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    yep, and I'm looking at lower profile tires ( than stock) the Pirellis are 31.8 tall . 305 35 22 are 30.5" tall and 265 40 22 are 30.4" . 285 35 are 29.8"
    ( which is not ideal even tho everyone likes them on 22 reps!!)
    And you know with the handheld tuners we'd have to change speedo readings

load ratings obviously vary ( from 2469 down to 2094)
    the rims width are all 8.5 to 10.5 pretty much safe for us.
    prices are pretty good for the 265 40 22 at tireseasy ($160 and up) and only Pirelli has the 305 35 22 $330 plus per tire. yikes!!
    Last edited by huot5; 07-27-2007 at 08:00 AM.

Name:

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    yep, and I'm looking at lower profile tires ( than stock) the Pirellis are 31.8 tall . 305 35 22 are 30.5" tall and 265 40 22 are 30.4" . 285 35 are 29.8"
    ( which is not ideal even tho everyone likes them on 22 reps!!)
    And you know with the handheld tuners we'd have to change speedo readings

load ratings obviously vary ( from 2469 down to 2094)
    the rims width are all 8.5 to 10.5 pretty much safe for us.
    prices are pretty good for the 265 40 22 at tireseasy ($160 and up) and only Pirelli has the 305 35 22 $330 plus per tire. yikes!!
    Man, I should have my truck next week! Your killing me with all this talk about getting these things done now and I will still be waiting for the spray in bed liner to dry! lol

I'm going to have to check out this tireseasy website, I've seen them mentioned several times on the site here.

You are 100% on the load rating, but go low or go home! ha ha ha
    I'm still not sure if this truck will be able to tow my boat around town or not so I will not be holding my breath on waiting to get it lowered.

Later...
    Bruce

Who Dat is
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Well, I rec'd my 2007 HD this afternoon. it came down from Sarasota. Full tank of gas and detailed by the dealership, then it started to rain. I got pics ....
    I'm stoked!!! this truck has everything , luxo truck, but not like the Mark LT. the all black leather is frickin sweet, the gloss Piano black accents are cool, but I have to keep the kids away from this or they will be scratched in no time. gotta go, spend some family time.
    Oh hells yeah, UPS came by and dropped off the GF #9933 kit and helwig rear sway ( which has a very nice gray black belltech looking coating on it).. and a set of inchannel vent visors ( black of course)

I'll be back.

Name:

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Well, I rec'd my 2007 HD this afternoon. it came down from Sarasota. Full tank of gas and detailed by the dealership, then it started to rain. I got pics ....
    I'm stoked!!! this truck has everything , luxo truck, but not like the Mark LT. the all black leather is frickin sweet, the gloss Piano black accents are cool, but I have to keep the kids away from this or they will be scratched in no time. gotta go, spend some family time.
    Oh hells yeah, UPS came by and dropped off the GF #9933 kit and helwig rear sway ( which has a very nice gray black belltech looking coating on it).. and a set of inchannel vent visors ( black of course)

I'll be back.
    I replied to your new thread as well. The truck is f*cking sweet looking and I can't wait till you get those parts installed so I know it's killing you even more!

Sounds like you and I opted for pretty much the same extras, except I declined the Navi system and went with the stock 6 disc changer so I could get a Pioneer Z2. I'm starting the think maybe I should've went with the Ford Navi, let me know how you like it and if it's a touch screen.

I just called the dealership today to confirm that my truck will be in this weekend and ready for me to pick up next week. That will allow for the bed liner to be sprayed in and they also said they would give me a loaner vehicle and I could drop the truck off at the A/V shop they sub. to get the rear monitors installed!
    Did you go with the vent visor brand or someone else? I had a set on my 2000 Lightning and missed having them on the HD so I want to make sure the new truck gets them.

Later...
    Bruce

Who Dat is
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    OK , the Ford Navi is touch screen. very cool to control Sirius, CD, radio, and an auxiliary input. I haven't tried the Navi, I like it, but I'm not into A/V so much. the Sound is definitely better than my 02 cuz with the Audiophile option ( basically a subwoofer and chamber under pass rear left seat.)
    with the Z2 you can prolly do a few more upgrades and then bypass the system so you can watch TV or movies while driving if thats what you like to do. I went with the AVS vent visor brand. less xpensive than weathertech but also a little less quality. If these start looking weak or getting flimsy, off they go, and I'll order weathertech.

good luck getting your truck hooked up too. R U considering a Whipple??

Name:

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    good luck getting your truck hooked up too. R U considering a Whipple??
    Always considering..... ha ha ha

Later...
    Bruce

Who Dat is
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    What do you think of the Roush system? pretty sweet twin screw.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast