Thread: F250 Harley stereo upgrade

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

F250 Harley stereo upgrade

Hi guys,

I had my truck for a couple weeks now and feel the need to start modifying it,I've never been able to do stock!
    I've decided to start with the stereo as I still have the gear that I had fitted into my old truck.I need to find an wiring adapter so that I can plug my Alpine cva-1004r head unit into the trucks wiring loom with out having to remove the standard connector,allowing me to re-install my standard head unit when I sell the truck.
    Can any of you guys recommen any places that can supply me with a wiring adapter harness?the main problem I have is that I'm in England and I know that a lot of US companies don't do overseas orders.If I get really stuck would anybody help me out by obtainng the part on my behalf and sending it on to me?I can pay you by Paypal plus a bit extra for your trouble.
    My truck is a 2004 F250 Harley Davidson and I've been tolded that its one pf only about 6 in the country so getting parts is somewhat difficult!
    Thanks in advance of the help!

Wooly

Sumo Blue
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Oy vey.........not sure if I can help you with that one. Try sending 2manytrucks a PM. His guy did a crazy job on his truck and might be able to help you out.

--Snake

World's Fastest Street HD
    Name: Josh

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    does crutchfield ship to england? their prices are a bit higher for some stuff, but their HU kits & adaptors arent too bad, and come with pictures and instructions for installing in your specific vehicle.

and welcome to the site & congrats on the new hooptie! post some pics up when you get a chance. that HUGE thing definately must get some looks over there!

Name: Sean

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Maybe someone here in the States can purchase the items for you and ship them to us via UPS, Fedex, DHL, etc...I too would hit up 2manytrucks with a pm. I haven't seen his setup in person but the pictures looks great.
    Sean E.
    '02 DSG HD ( Gone but will always have a special place in my heart...)

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Thanks for the help guys but I've had a look at the wiring for the radio and I'm going to fit a ISO connector to the Ford loom.I need a diagram/colour chart for the Ford radio wiring so that I can match it up to the ISO connector,have you guys any idea where I can find the diagram I need on line?

Thanks again

Wooly

PS.Yes the truck does seem to create quite a stir on the road over here and I've had a few problems parking but I love it!

Man this is expensive!!!
    Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I believe what you seek is at the bottom of this link, last section 99 and newer Fords:

http://www.installdr.com/Harnesses/Ford-Wiring.pdf

btw..most all of the Ford adapters for the 99 and up should be very similar, so you might be able to get a harness from any European Ford and it should work on your truck. Then get the pigtail from your HU and cross connect the wires and you should be good to go.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Thanks for the help,I've changed the Ford radio plug for a ISO connector and have fitted my Alpine CVA1004R,dvd player and cd shuffle box,now all need to do is fitt some screens in the front seat headrests and fit Alpine upgraded speakers and an amp and sub box and that should be the stereo upgrade sorted!
    Next plan is to fit some sort of rollbar setup,any ideas ?,I would realy like a brushed alloy/stainless steel one as I'm not a great lover of chrome!

Thanks again guys!

Wooly

World's Fastest Street HD
    Name: Josh

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    actually dont think i've seen any SD HD's with a rollbar yet. maybe one with a chrome setup and light bar in a magazine. dont see them too often on trucks on the road now days.

maybe check out westin, i think they sold a few different models