Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Holy crap it's been a looooong time!

NHTOC #05
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Question Holy crap it's been a looooong time!

I sold my precious, beloved H-D F150 in '05 for something more economical and less attention-getting and have regretted it ever since.

(In fact I half wonder who bought it, and if they've found this board?)

The forum has REALLY changed a bit since I was last on. I was #5 on here. Nice to see some of the same names. I haven't been able to come back in here since dumping mine because I've been completely racked with grief over losing it.

Anyway, I just read on Car & Driver about how Ford's FINALLY putting another supercharged H-D F150 back out there and I'm considering picking one up.

Think it'll have the magic of my old 2002?

Last edited by HawgZilla; 06-14-2007 at 04:00 PM.
    2002 Supercharged Harley-Davidson™ F-150 Super Crew #6043 - Dark Shadow Gray
    2002 Supercharged Harley-Davidson™ F-150 Super Crew #6964 - Dark Shadow Gray SOLD!
    Mods & Goodies: J&J Polished Stainless Steel Overlay Lower Grille ~ H-D F150 Floormats ~ DrawTite Class V Receiver ~ Lightning Taillights & Lightning 3rd brake/cargo light ~ REM Oil Separator ~ Superchips 1715 Microtuner ~ Belltech 2" Lowering Shackles ~ Blackwood Window Trim ~ Blackwood Antenna Base w/ Billet Antenna ~ Sylvania Silverstars ~ JLP Ram Air ~ Gaylord X2000 Speedsturr (wing)
    2005 Harley-Davidson™ RoadKing Classic Black Cherry

ResFirma Mitescere Nescit
    Name: stew

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    welcome back ...

NHTOC #05
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Unhappy

Lovely. I just ran a CarFax on my #6964 and see that someone bought it and owned it for only 11 months here in Texas. Then this 3rd owner bought it and it now lives ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL the way up in North Dakota - Minot, ND.

Have thought repeatedly about finding her and buying her back. That would prove somewhat difficult now.

Sumo Blue
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Welcome back man! I dunno if the new ones will have the same smile per mile as the 02-03's, but they're pretty sweet! I say go for it, or buy a HD Superduty!

--Snake

shenanigans
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    good to see you hawgzilla. i hope all is well.

go for it man. get a s/c 07 and have a blast with it. they look awesome with a 3/5 drop FYI.......

Always working
    Name: Big John

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Man, I was wondering what ever happened to you.
    I met you at that first THT gtg a loooong time ago at Bone Daddys

Welcome back and good luck on finding a replacement for the 02.

Around When I Can...
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Welcome back man, its been a long time! I'd say wait a moment and check out the new ones. I haven't read into them any, but it they put a Whipple on there i'd be awesome!

NHTOC #05
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Smile

Many thanks for the friendly "Welcomes."

On the 07s, I thought $33k for my '02 was kinda pricey back then (and it was); my wife nearly horked up lunch when she was reading about the new one and saw it's $43k!!! It's getting ridiculous price-wise, ain't it?

"If you want to play, you have to pay!" is what we car guys usually tell each other, but I think that's allowing manufacturers some slack to get silly on this pricing.

I've not 100% given up on tracking down my old ride; I have sources and the ability to track VINs to current addresses. Calling up a guy and offering $$ for my old truck is cool but:
    • he may not be ready to sell
    • it has AT LEAST 43k miles on it now (according to CarFax)
    • owner 2 only had it 11 months, but how did he/she treat it?
    • how has owner 3 treated it?
    • insert any other questions about a 5 year old, 43+k miles used vehicle here

But I look down in my signature block at everything I had on that truck and I want to cry. *Sigh*

So I am leaning toward the new truck. Time (and the cost of my current home, pool and yard renovation) will tell. I also need to begin shopping purchasing deals, if they even still do things like "X Plan" etc..

Around When I Can...
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    You live around Wylie right?

NHTOC #05
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzion View Post
    You live around Wylie right?
    Plano/Frisco area, why?

Around When I Can...
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    For some reason i thought you were from around the Wylie/Murphy area. I was wrong.

But just curious.

NHTOC #05
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Cool

For some reason i thought you were from around the Wylie/Murphy area. I was wrong.

But just curious.
    I've also lived in South Garland and Northeast Garland (pretty close to Sachse/Wylie) way back in the day (pre-Harley truck days).

So when I left off, your truck had just been scratched up all to hayel - vandalized outside a movie theater. It looks like you fixed it up and then some since then. Save me some search time and let me know what all you've done to it?

Around When I Can...
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HawgZilla View Post

So when I left off, your truck had just been scratched up all to hayel - vandalized outside a movie theater. It looks like you fixed it up and then some since then. Save me some search time and let me know what all you've done to it?
    So that means you haven't been around in about 3 years.

Truck got keyed hardcore, and then repainted. Since then its been lowered with a 2/4 drop.... and been through 2 motors.
    First motor (original, lasted from October of 03 to December of 05) - 6lb lower, intake, exhaust, dyno tune. Boom.
    Second motor (December 05 to December 06) - 6lb lower, 2.93 upper, ported eaton, full exhaust, intake, dyno tune. Boom.
    Third Motor - Built bottom end, Whipple, 4lb lower, full exhaust, datalog tune. Been running since Feb 14th, and put the Whipple on in it in about March.

Just keepin updated!!
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Well welcome back

NHTOC #05
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Cool

So that means you haven't been around in about 3 years.

Truck got keyed hardcore, and then repainted. Since then its been lowered with a 2/4 drop.... and been through 2 motors.
    First motor (original, lasted from October of 03 to December of 05) - 6lb lower, intake, exhaust, dyno tune. Boom.
    Second motor (December 05 to December 06) - 6lb lower, 2.93 upper, ported eaton, full exhaust, intake, dyno tune. Boom.
    Third Motor - Built bottom end, Whipple, 4lb lower, full exhaust, datalog tune. Been running since Feb 14th, and put the Whipple on in it in about March.
    Tell me they caught and executed the turds that keyed it?
    Where were you blowing motors out at? On the track or out on the backroads?!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast