Thread: Carlisle - All Truck Nationals

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Carlisle - All Truck Nationals

Anybody else going this year?
    Its August 3-5 in Carlisle, PA.
    I entered my HD two years ago and walked away with 2nd place.

I just registered and put my club as NHTOC.

I'm staying at the Residence Inn Harrisburg Carlisle.

Link to the show: http://www.carsatcarlisle.com/truck/index.asp

Hope some others go too.

Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Have been in the past and walked away with first and lowest a few times, But I doubt I will make it.

How has life been treating you john?

Good on gas,Hell on dzl
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Im thinking about goin. Kinda long drive for me tho.
    I know a few ppl from FTW that are goin too.

Matt

World's Fastest Street HD
    Name: Josh

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    always wanted to go, but got classes all summer and its a bit too far

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Thumbs up

How has life been treating you john?[/QUOTE]

Things are going well these days. work has been really busy - getting the word out and more traffic to my most recent project with the center(www.netsmartz411.org).

been so busy with work and work travel- it was time for a break. I just took a week off for R&R in the OBX. I took the hd down for the week. i havent been putting too many miles on it, just had the oil changed and the reminder was up to the 2K mark and read Jan 07! being at the beach and all i washed it twice down there (underneath spray too) and twice since i've been back. i freak/worry about that sand/salt and want no parts of it lingering on the truck.

Its nice to be back, but tough since I'm back in the area/office for monday and tuesday and am leaving for a camping festival in wv on wed (www.allgoodfestival.com) .

i know i know - back for two days and then off to another vacation? ...wtf right? - i thought the same thing when i put in the request but the bosslady said it was OK. woo hoo

it also helped my cause when i told her i was maxed out at 150 hrs of vaca and i was itching to burn!! use or lose it as some may say.
    VHT folks - we really need to have a meet soon. some of you area states too! how about a hooters run in a few weeks?

i havent done too much new to the truck, but i do have a few fun things to show !

I hope a few more decide on the all truck nationals - it'll be a rockin good time. speaking of the show - it might be more work than i want to do, but im thinking of taking two of my goodyears up and mounting them in between showing it to enter the burnout contest!! i still have those exra rims/tires and have been itching for a good reason to burn 'em down! bad part is, the winner only gets tires up to 18's. so still wavering, but i bet it would be killer with the whine and tires smokin till they pop.

2tonhog - whats up with you man?? have u got that #6 installed and ripping up the streets down in your neck of NOVA? stafford keeping you outta trouble? can u send me a pm with your # and a good time to chat on monday or tuedsay?- i'd like to talk to you abt your tweeter store and the installers. i have some audio/electrical work to get done (time to upgrade to the black xbox360 and a few other things) and I am in need of a solid installer to git r dun. Last installer had a real hard time with the dual battery setup = battery a went dead and battery b doesnt start the truck. (im not sure its still right to be honest). anyhow, last installer/shop was a pain with the multiple trips and i'll never go back there.

cheers va

any dates in august for a VA gtg?
    Last edited by shehan; 07-07-2007 at 08:27 PM.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shehan View Post
    How has life been treating you john? 2tonhog - whats up with you man?? have u got that #6 installed and ripping up the streets down in your neck of NOVA? stafford keeping you outta trouble? can u send me a pm with your # and a good time to chat on monday or tuedsay?- i'd like to talk to you abt your tweeter store and the installers. i have some audio/electrical work to get done (time to upgrade to the black xbox360 and a few other things) and I am in need of a solid installer to git r dun. Last installer had a real hard time with the dual battery setup = battery a went dead and battery b doesnt start the truck. (im not sure its still right to be honest). anyhow, last installer/shop was a pain with the multiple trips and i'll never go back there. Any dates in august for a VA gtg?

Good to hear from you too. I WISH I could say that the 6# is on (many other things sitting in the garage too), but every time I get some spare cash there's an emergency of some sort. I hate being reactionary too, so these expenses are buggin' the crap out of me. I want to be able to do it right the first time, and watching the cash I had been saving for a Kenne Bell/Whipple slip through my fingers just irritated the heck out of me.

Al (N2Boost) said he'd give me a hand with the Magnum Powers idler set up, because I've got NO tools right now. Which is good, because the replacement idler I purchased from Ford has developed a squeak...bearings should last longer than 10k, right? Anyway, I've got 3 new 90mm idlers coming from LFP, so that problem should be rectified sooner than later.

Concerning your car audio stuff, give me a call Tuesday (I'm tied up Monday). I sent you a PM with the numbers. I'll be in from 10am-9pm...so you should be able to reach me..LOL. My installer, Juan is top-notch and will be re-doing my truck here at the end of July. I think he's booked out to the 18th now. He's got a Grand Cherokee in the bay right now that looks great, lots of fiberglass and weird box angles.

As far as get-togethers go, the FTW chapter is meeting at Foster's Grill at the Southpoint Parkway (Massaponax) on August 19th...one of the member's brother owns the place. This will be the 2nd GTG there, last time more Dodges showed than Fords...including about 5 SRT trucks...one was very modded, with a CO2 cooled supercharger. Even some Chevy SS guys were there but kept pretty quiet in the face of all the Harley and SRT horsepower.