Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Project Teaser!

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Thanks for the comments guys, I can't wait to get it done so I can post some before and after pics! I went ahead and got the beafier stabilizer arms to make it look even better!

Name:

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RuffnReady View Post
    Thanks for the comments guys, I can't wait to get it done so I can post some before and after pics! I went ahead and got the beafier stabilizer arms to make it look even better!
    Those really make it stand out! Good choice! What will your articulation be with that set up? I always see them running up and down the roads but never off road to see what kind of travel they can handle.

Later...
    Bruce

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I'm not sure what the articulation is going to be, I will have to check with the people that I ordered the kit from. Also Snake, I have to get a new air compressor already. The one I got is not working correctly and they are trying to warranty it out!

Sumo Blue
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Holy crap! What compressor did you end up with?

Have you decided on a programmer yet? I have a few recommendations if you're interested.

--Snake

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    By all means, I will take any input for a programmer, been thinkin about an Edge juice attitude?

Name:

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RuffnReady View Post
    By all means, I will take any input for a programmer, been thinkin about an Edge juice attitude?
    Here's a list I've come up with various programmers, these companies offer gas and diesel.
    Take a look at what they have to offer and see what suits your needs.
    http://www.nhtoc.com/vbforum/forumdisplay.php?f=114

Later...
    Bruce

553-558 14lbs
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Get the KMC XD DIESELS or ROCKSTARS those are sick

Sumo Blue
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    In regards to the programmer, I'd personally stay away from the Edge. There's been a lot of discussion on other boards about the Edge causing tranny problems with the TorqueShift.

My $.02 would be to go with a SCT XCal2. If you buy one from a vendor who writes his own files/tunes, they can adjust it however you'd like it (more firm shifts, shift points, rpm limiter, different tire size, gear changes, aftermarket turbo.....). I've had one for 2 years and have had tunes from a lot of different vendors, and the one I'm running now is hands down my favorite. The truck is VERY drivable and makes incredible power. Some vendors have had trouble with the Harley trucks and I'm no exception, so I had it dyno tuned. But the parameters of this tune can be applied to other Harley trucks as well (not the strategy, but the fact that the quirks have been worked out). And I've received the best customer service of any place I've ever bought anything. So who is this guy? DJ at dj-performance.com

I promise you that you won't regret buying something from him.

--Snake

Name:

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Snake View Post
    In regards to the programmer, I'd personally stay away from the Edge. There's been a lot of discussion on other boards about the Edge causing tranny problems with the TorqueShift.

My $.02 would be to go with a SCT XCal2. If you buy one from a vendor who writes his own files/tunes, they can adjust it however you'd like it (more firm shifts, shift points, rpm limiter, different tire size, gear changes, aftermarket turbo.....)
    --Snake
    X2 on the Xcal2 (at least for gas engines)
    Plus Snake is right on the money about getting a tuner that can write their own files, makes for a world of difference. Also I to have read about the issues with the Edge as well as SCT Livewire.

Later...
    Bruce

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Hey Black N Blown, I am going with the KMC XD778s. There is a pic on the first page of this post of them. Thanks Snake, I'll check him out on prices and such. I have thought about the SCT tuner because a lot of diesel guys on here have talked about them but here in Wichita, KS, nobody has heard of them!

World's Fastest Street HD
    Name: Josh

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Snake View Post
    so I had it dyno tuned.
    --Snake
    dyno?! so what were the #'s man!? i cant imagine seeing that beast on a dyno!

Sumo Blue
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Kind of a funny story. I didn't get the torque #'s because the optical reader that Torrie uses for diesels was recalled by the manufacturer. That was the number that would have made me go

Anyway, DJ drove from Ocala to Jacksonville (about 2.5 hours) to dyno tune my truck -- for free. Torrie graciously allowed DJ the dyno time and the toughest part was figuring out how to set up the dyno to get a nice curve on the graph. At 0% load, the truck wasn't staying in gear (either downshifting or upshifting). So we tried a 5% load and then a 10% load, the 10% being the magical number for Sumo.

The quick answer is that I ended up with 386 rwhp (corrected) with a 10% load on the dyno. Add 10% of 386 to 386 and I'm in the 420-430 rwhp range.

For those who question the 10% correction factor, a Dodge Hemi got on the rollers after Sumo and they forgot to take the 10% load off. I think the first pull the Hemi did was under 200 hp and made a lot of people wonder "WTF?"

In all, I'm about 50-75hp over where I was when I ran a 14.9 sec quarter mile (at 8200 lbs).

Yes, DJ IS THE MAN when it comes to the Powerstroke.

And Ruff, if no one out there has heard of SCT, you're going to leave A LOT of people in your smoke should they try you!

--Snake

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Sweet! I have an H2 in mind that thinks it is a race every time that we are as the same stop light. He has a Dummymax Diesel with a programmer and black smokes me all the time!

Sumo Blue
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Careful! There are some NASTY D-max's out there! Depending on what all he has done, you still might be looking at his tailgate.

--Snake

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I know, thats why I want the programmer and other go fast parts!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast