Thread: IC Track Mod...

ResFirma Mitescere Nescit
    Name: stew

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

IC Track Mod...

IC toggle Switch Thanks to UncleSams SVT over on SVTP for this one

This thread is tio show you how to have your intercooler pump run with your truck off with a toggle switch. Mainly to be used at the track between runs to help cool off your intercooler coolant.

First locate the fuse box under your hood. It is located on the drivers side between the brake booster and the fender.

Second you have to pull the fuse box up and you do this by pressing down five plastic tabs along the side of the fuse box. Next you have to remove the bottom cover of the fuse box. you do this by depressing five plastic tabs and pulling the bottom cover completely off.

Third locate the two wires that you need to splice into. They are a solid tanish colored wire and an orange wire with a whitish yellow stripe. Using platic wire taps tap into each wire and then run the new wire into the cab. I used the gromet where the vacum line goes into the cab right next to the brake booster.

Forth find a place where you want ot mount your switch. I mounted mine down by the E brake so it is not very noticable. Pick out a switch with some kind of light so you can tell when your pump is running so you don't forget that it is on.

Fifth hook up all of your wires. By using a 12v light figure out whitch wire is the power feed wire and hook that up to the power side of the switch, then hook up the other wire from the fuse box to the other side of the switch and finally if you bought a switch with a light in it hook up the third wire to a ground I used the metal bracket next to the parking brake as shown in the pic.

Last edited by bgstew6; 06-21-2007 at 08:49 PM.

Que Bolada!!!
    Name:

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Sweet!!!! thanks for the pics
    Last edited by marioec; 06-21-2007 at 09:01 PM.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    updated

2-Tone Killer Whale
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    what if you had the afco heatexchanger with the dual fans how would you do that with a switch? or does it come with one iam not sure

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    no clue dont own a afco fan kit...iirc it doesnt come with a switch for the IC Pump...but i think I remember reading somewhere where guys do the IC mod in conjuntion with it.
    Last edited by bgstew6; 06-21-2007 at 11:41 PM.

jpanchalk
    Name:

Good mod. A lot of us Atco guys have a jumper that we put in place of the fuse in the fuse box. Takes about 30 seconds, and good if you don't want a permanent switch in the cab.

Something newbs should consider is that if you're not parking so you have a head wind, or don't put a fan on the heat exchanger, don't expect miracles between runs.

World's Fastest Street HD
    Name: Josh

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    i think those heat exchanger fans that are made specifically for the heat exchanger come with a full wiring kit. easy enough to add in the pump with a double switch though if its not included in the wiring setup.

jpanchalk
    Name:

Here's a pic. I'd call it a free mod, but you're not really modding anything.
    And I misspoke - it's a relay (not a fuse) but you already knew what I meant. Keeps that IC pump humming as long as you want.