This one's at the request of svt 2000

Did this mod over 4 years ago little delay on getting pics up Truck has gone through many facelifts since then too! (02 HD upper grille, xenarc heads, clear corners, keystone hood then harwood hood lol)

The j-jent grille is designed to bolt over top of the stock lower grille, but IMO it just doesnt look quite right. The point is to match the upper, and the upper is recessed in while the bottom will stick out with the insert bolted over top the lower stock grille. Also you can still see the stocker behind it, and on my 00 i had no choice because ford actually chromed the lower's on the 00 instead of being cheap and only doing it black like the 01-03's.

Shot 1: Remove stock lower grille. Easy to figure out once you look behind the valance. Few screws & clips and its out in a few minutes. Just watch your knuckes on the heat exchanger!

Shot 2: Stock next to the j-jent

Shot 3: I dont have any pics of the flush mount brackets separate, maybe Mitch still has a pic he can post up cuz I got them off him They are designed to bolt up in the factory holes, NO drilling needed. Its a simple bent L bracket. 90* bend down from the bumper, then curved back and down so the grille sits back in the opening, then goes outward to meet the studs on the back of the j-jent to bolt through.

Shot 4: As you can see, would be a good time to upgrade the J-Jent hardware with SS so rust doesnt happen!

Shot 5: Done!

Shot 6: As you can see, sits nice and flush in the opening, & doesnt look cheesy sticking out past the bumper! Looks OEM instead of a tossed on add-on

*TIP* Be careful when you are centering up the j-jent in the opening. The ends of the SS tubes are somewhat sharp, and can easily scratch the valance when you are trying to hold it in place and tighten up the lock nuts! Would be wise to throw some masking tape around the edge of the grille opening to be safe, ask me how i know