Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: July 2007 Truck of the Month - Congrats to Paul "Oh My Hog" Macedo #362

Yeah... I drive fast.
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Thumbs up July 2007 Truck of the Month - Congrats to Paul "Oh My Hog" Macedo #362

Greeting Campers.....

In this month's edition of Truck of the Month, we honour one of our members from up Nort' eh. That's right...July 2007 belongs to Paul Macedo, aka "Oh My Hog."

From his kick *** truck, sharing of knowledge, and quick wit, it is well deserved.

We toast a frosty Molson to you. Cheers and congrats!

Question # 1: What sparked your interests in the Harley trucks?
    Specifically your HD Truck?

My wife fell in love with a 2000 HD edition and told me about it. We went to the dealership and fell in love with the black and chrome combination. Unfortunately, the dealer wanted $52,000 for it used. We were also looking for something with a bit more room so instead we bought an all-black 2001 F-150 supercrew. We then began the process of looking to accessorize the truck with some HD items and chrome pieces. Through that process we travelled throughout the US for parts and discovered some online truck forums to exchange ideas and source out parts. Shortly after the process of building our custom harley truck had started - Ford released the 2002 supercharged HD edition supercrew. That to me was the perfect combination of "go" and "show". I knew then that a black 2002 was in my future.

2002 HD's were hard to come by in Canada when they were released and for $56,000 the price was an issue also. A friend I had met through a Ford Truck forum had a line on a dealer demo unit that had 2000 kms and the dealer was willing to let go for below $50,000. Bob went to look at it and liked it but the sales manager hadn't taken good care of the interior and when his wife came to look at it - she refused to even step inside it. He reluctantly said "no" and walked away. A few days later another fellow that I came to know from the forum went by the dealership and saw the potential of the truck even though it was pretty messy and dirty inside. He bought #04929 and took her home to be his daily driver. After cleaning her up and giving her a thorough detailing he realized that he couldn't bring himself to drive her in the winter so he garaged her and bought another vehicle to drive.

I actually got to know Lance (slow35th was his user name on NHTOC) from buying all his stock parts when he started refining the look and feel of #04929. Through that process we attended several events together and each time I saw the truck I admired even more. I told Lance that his HD was the only truck I would ever buy used and forego my dream of buying a 2003 Mustang Cobra. One faithful day in 2004, Lance called me up at work and asked if I was interested in buying #04929. He explained that he was moving from Canada back to Texas and he had to let his vehicles go and that he could not think of a better home her - than my garage. The deal was done and the first weekend in July both trucks were parked out front of the house. I promised Lance that she would be well taken care of and she has, I think.

I bought her with 13,000 kms and she currently has 21,000 kms and never sees any winter roads - or even rain, If I can help it.

*Question # 2: Any interesting stories behind the history of vehicles
    you've owned leading up to the HD truck or how you got it? *

Well I owned a 1971 superbeetle - which I bought in 1978 at the age of 15. It was in great shape but I worked on it until I actually had my license when I turned 16.

I kept that car until I was in University and sold it to upgrade to a 1974 superbeetle with sunroof. The car was completely rotten from rust underneath and I spent two weeks replacing the floorboards - just so I wouldn't fall through onto the road. Worst car I ever had! But it taught me a lot.

Soon after I upgraded to a 1976 Pontiac Lemans coupe with a 305. Man did my gas bill take a big leap - but it was great to go for a rattling 4 banger to a big V8. Drove that car into the ground (literally) and sold it for scrap for 1 dollar.

I then had a 1988 Chevrolet Beretta GT which was a decent car. Got married and then inherited a 1988 VW Fox GL. My wife's first car which she had bought new on the condition that if the salesperson teach her to drive standard and she was able to drive it off the lot by herself. We had that car for 14 years and I wish I still had it.

I've been saving for an SVT Cobra since 1997. In a few years I just may be able to afford a 1997 Cobra. lol

Our current stable consists of a 2001 F-150 supercrew ( Custom HD), 2002 F-150 HD edition and 2006 VW Jetta 2.5. All three are black with chrome.

*Question # 3: Give me a rough list of the mods that have been done to your truck. I know you've got a lot done, so you can just list for favorites if you'd like! *

Favorite mods are:

Ford Lightning Upper Pulley (+2 lbs boost)
    Lower Pulley Swap (+4 lbs boost)
    Custom SCT Dyno Tune courtesy Martin at AFI Performance
    Bassani Xhaust cat back Exhaust System
    Factory Tech Valve Body
    Passport 8500 Laser Scrambler and Radar Detector
    Blackwood Chrome Window Trim
    Custom 100 year Graphic Overlays (front and rear)
    Chrome lower front grille from J & J Enterprises
    Raider Lo Rider Fiberglass Tonneau Cover
    Ford Lighting Third Brake Light (LED)
    Ford Lightning Taillights
    Most of the big mods were done before I purchased the truck -- so I have been busy with the little details.

*Question # 4: Tell us a little about yourself. Your other hobbies, your job, your favorite past time, whatever!*

I'm in my 40's - and have been married for 17 years and with the same lady for 21 years. We have two sons - 12 and 10 years old.
    I was born in Portugal and immigrated to Canada with my family when I was seven. The culture shock and language barrier was a big hurdle - particularly because we moved to an isolated northern community. A few years later my family moved to Edmonton, Alberta - where we are all located.

I have a fairly stressful job as Marketing Director and Associate Publisher for a multi-media company and it's good to have outlets to relieve stress.

Cleaning and detailing the truck while listening to some tunes is a way to relax and unwind from a hectic day. I get everyone involved in helping prepare for cruises, show and shines or truck shows. I have been a painter, illustrator, graphic designer for 25 years so attention to detail is an obsession at times. I was also a competitive (carded) cyclist (road race and criterium) which later evolved into a running. I now try to feed the need for speed at the track with the truck ( drag strip and autocross).

*Question # 5: You've been a member on the site for a while now, what is one of the best things you like about the site that keeps you around?*

I lurked for quite a while before signing up - just looking for ideas and sourcing parts. In Canada until the last few years, it's been really difficult to get items locally. That's why I resorted to ordering items from US stores and shipping them to friends who would hold my items until I could arrange a trip down to retrieve everything. My brother gave up his entire garage one summer to stock all the parts I had ordered ( rims, tires, front valance, lights, nerf bars, shocks etc etc.)

It made for great road trips through the USA. A tradition we continue every year - even when there are no parts to get (though that is rare).

I decided to sign up to help form a Canadian Chapter to allow Canadian HD owners an opportunity to discuss topics of interest specifically to us without derailing or hijacking other threads or posts. I thought I would try to help to give back some of the information and passion for the trucks that others had shared with me. My technical knowledge isn't that great - so I defer to the experts - but I try to lend a bit of humour to the site through my quips and sometimes even through photochops - to make others feel at ease and more comfortable.

*Question # 6: What is one suggestion to help make the site a better place?*

It's a great site full of great advise, tremendous expertise and very helpful and informative members. My advice is for everyone to chill and just have a good time.

*Question # 7: This is where I normally ask about where you decided on your screen name and any specific reason for choosing it?*

Chose the name from my custom license plate... OH MY HOG. I've wanted to get a HOG for quite some time - but have decided against it until the boys are older. So the truck is the only HOG in my life for a while.

*Question # 8: Almost at the end, what is in the future for your truck?, so what’s the next plan of attack for your trucks future?!*

22" HD rim replicas, new tires, new rotors and pads, more bling in the engine bay including porting and polishing the superchager, traction bars, sway bar ( needs install), new shocks ( needs install), stealthbox ( needs install), plus full audio and video system. Then I will stop, I think.

Perhaps more imagery of pretty ladies that like..um...er...Hog?

* Question 9: Last and final question, just an open end question for if you had anything else you wanted to mention that I didn’t have a question for...here's the place to go at it! Your website link, a plug for something, etc. etc. whatever you want to throw in! *

Wow. What a tremendous honour (yeah that's with a "u" cause that's we how roll up here in Canuckistan, yo!)

I would like to thank the members of the academy and remind them that the cheques (another Canada spelling) I sent are post dated and should not be cashed just yet. My web site dedicated to the trucks is: www.ohmyhog.com

Again, congratulations on the Truck of the Month. Nice site also.

Bob

Another member of the BOC
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Congrats Paul on TOTM

BLACK '03 #3104
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Congrats...
    WHINE,WHAT WHINE?

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Congrats!!!! Very nice looking truck!!!!

ResFirma Mitescere Nescit
    Name: stew

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    COngrats PAUL!!!!

4Sale in the classifieds
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Very cool truck!!! Congatulations Paul!!!

Name: Dave

Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
    hahahah sweet photochop at the end

congrats!!!!!!
    Last edited by sdharley03; 07-03-2007 at 12:29 AM.

"Fuzion" 1986-2007 R.I.P.
    Name: Troy

Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts
    Congrats, beautiful truck!

shenanigans
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    congrats!!

New Zealand.. Where???
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Congrats. Your Trucks look awesome.

Always working
    Name: Big John

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Congrats, sweet truck!

Name:

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Congrats and I know what a great honor it is so ENJOY IT!

Later...
    Bruce

Go Dawgs
    Name: Terry

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Congrats, nice truck.

El Presidente
    Name:

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Thanks everyone. Appreciate the kind words.

Just keepin updated!!
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Congratulations!!!!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast