Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: New here :)

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

New here :)

First off nice to be here. I had a 2000 L that I recently traded in for a 2003 HD 2T. My L had some work, one a set of stage II PP heads. This due to the fact I blew a plug and just wanted to get a better head on it. Well 3 kids later and more room needed. I got a good deal on the 2003, but as with most dealers nothing is know except the truck has a clean carfax. I opened the hood and noticed and AF cold air and a Accufab TB. I am guessing someone put a little love into it.
    The big question as dumb as it may sound, did the 03 come witha black SS and chrome bolts holding the front cover on?? Very different from my lightning, and I know people can paint and what not. I am just trying to get a clue how far the previous owner took mods. I know the lower pulley is stock cause of the ford stamp on it but other then that I am not sure the stock upper pulley size.
    I really enjoyed my L and was surprised buy the HD. The more I drive it the less I miss the L, never thought I would say that .

ResFirma Mitescere Nescit
    Name: stew

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I take it you meant SC...

Yes 03 came with black SC and Chrome bolts holding the snout to the case.

Welcome aboard....

2-Tone Killer Whale
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Welcome to the site i too have a 03 shamu

front cover?? super or timing cover?

damm it lol you ever sleep stew lol

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Man that was quick yeah SS meant SC fat fingered it. Alright cool so I guess moving on to 8# lower should be safe. By chance do you know the stock pulley measurement so I can check that??
    Thanks for all the help in advance!!

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Oh yeah on a side note whoever owned the truck before me put all terran tires on it.......go figure?!?!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    7.5 lower and 3.27 upper

we got tons of info here at your disposal...Not being a search nazi...but searching will provide for hours of reading LOL.....

AT huh lol least it wasnt lifted like a 4x4 and mud tires on it....
    Last edited by bgstew6; 07-22-2007 at 10:23 PM.

2-Tone Killer Whale
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranger_kill View Post
    Oh yeah on a side note whoever owned the truck before me put all terran tires on it.......go figure?!?!

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    yeah they went with a 55 vrs 45 profile tire so i scrub anywhere i pull in if i dont go slow. Funny I have a galant that I slammed some years ago, dont ask some phase a friend talked me into, but man that thing can take a curve. Anyway people really dont research or pay attention to tire size. Poor guy walked in the tire store and said yeah give me 4 whatever is on sell all terrans.

2-Tone Killer Whale
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    you got pics of your shamu?

4Sale in the classifieds
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Welcome Home Ranger!!!

and you might just wanna stick to a 6# lower for the safety of the stock block!!

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranger_kill View Post
    Man that was quick yeah SS meant SC fat fingered it. Alright cool so I guess moving on to 8# lower should be safe. By chance do you know the stock pulley measurement so I can check that??
    Thanks for all the help in advance!!
    C'mon Stew, back me up on the 8lb................... Have to say that just from what I have read in this sight that the 6lb would be alittle safer than the 8. Only with a built block would an 8 be ok. Personally, I would go with the masses and do a 6 with a reliable tune. Oh, btw, Welcome! Open wallet and release the MOD BUG.................
    2003 HARLEY DAVIDSON F-150 #2888 (Black) of 10,047. Born on 1/23/03.
    Formerly "100th#2888"

Dual Magnaflows w/ X, HID headlights, LED rear, L 3rd, Line of Fire, Roush fogs, Eibach 1" front drop, 2" Bell Tech rear drop, "L" spec Bilsteins at all 4, Ported and Polished throttle body, Custom polished stock upper, Volant intake, METCO Idler pulleys, Innovations ProSport. TRADED IN ON 6/3/08. Fun while the ride lasted. U.S. NAVY SEABEES RETIRED.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    6lb lower, ngk tr6s gapped to .036, great tune and possible maf extender...you know the drill 100th.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bgstew6 View Post
    6lb lower, ngk tr6s gapped to .036, great tune and possible maf extender...you know the drill 100th.
    Ya think? Seen too many of my brothers SCATTERING parts do to too much of one thing and not enough of the other. Why do you think that I "nudged" you for the confirmation? After my Warranty is up, it will be my turn.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    yeah

then the aftermarket VB, and then and then and then

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Ok so six, I heard the word from LFP that 8 was cool. Maybe I missed something.
    Man all I know is that when I ride in it it makes me happy. I had buyers remorse , like the first night. Throwed my radio in and listens to a few tunes, talked to the truck(psycho) and away it went. Kids love it going to do the 5 set mod after me and the Mrs take a trip to GA in it. I want to stretch her feet and see how she handles the extended ride.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast