Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Lookie what I just won

Who Dat is
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I picked it up for a decent price. It looks better than OEM, but maybe they can be "smoked" a little more
    Last edited by huot5; 08-19-2007 at 04:20 PM.

World's Fastest Street HD
    Name: Josh

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    could always hit it with some VHT night shades to darken it up a bit.

are they just clear LED's that light up red for the 3rd brakelight, or are there also clear LED's that light up white for the bed cargo lamps?

Who Dat is
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Harley#356 View Post
    could always hit it with some VHT night shades to darken it up a bit.

are they just clear LED's that light up red for the 3rd brakelight, or are there also clear LED's that light up white for the bed cargo lamps?
    I was thinking VHT but isn't there a better brand (Krylon??) cuz the VHT tips get plugged up easily, but just for a touch up, it shouldn't be so bad

THe outside 3 ( or four) led's on each side are clear and the remaining center led's are red.I don't get to see them that much in operation...lol.

Oh , and I just got the front windows tinted to match the back...gotta wait a few days for the bubbles and smeg to dry to see if there are any defects.

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    Krylon's spray tips arent all that much better. Duplicolor is the brand with insanely nice spray pattern tips, but they dont have a spray tint last I saw.

Who Dat is
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Krylon's spray tips arent all that much better. Duplicolor is the brand with insanely nice spray pattern tips, but they dont have a spray tint last I saw.
    oh well, another mod on the" to do" list.

Name:

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by huot5 View Post
    I picked it up for a decent price. It looks better than OEM, but maybe they can be "smoked" a little more
    Bully huh, I have the same one to install but I figured I'd wait till I was able to get it tinted a little more. Now after seeing your pictures I know it needs to be tinted more. I removed the two inner clips from the headliner but was unable to get to the plug connector to get the stock one out. Did you do anything different?

Later...
    Bruce

Who Dat is
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    yeah, I popped out the white retaining clip and brought the plug out to where I could grab it and disconnect the stock light and reconnect the new light. If I smoke this puppy, it's gonna be while it's on the truck.

And here for another pic......smoke rear tails installed

and

the first pic comparo has the flash so the stock unit reflected more light....duh...
    Last edited by huot5; 08-20-2007 at 07:35 PM.

Name:

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

white retaining clip...

yeah, I popped out the white retaining clip and brought the plug out to where I could grab it and disconnect the stock light and reconnect the new light. If I smoke this puppy, it's gonna be while it's on the truck.
    I saw that but did not even dawn on me to remove it to see if the wiring harness would come out farther. Guess I got lazy for a reason, so I can smoke it while it's off the truck. In my shed is the Ford Oval from my 2000 Lightning I want to try the nite shades on it and see how it turns out and if I like it then I plan on doing all the emblems on the truck. I tried to remove the F150 badge from the tailgate just to find a nice alignment hole for it so it stays on. I was also kicking around the idea of using acetone once the F150 has been tinted so that it contrasts. Meh, just something to do later when I'm feeling better.

Later...
    Bruce

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    ha guess you never did the L 3rd brakelight on your HD bruce? they are the same way. i had to squeeze out the rear slider, pull the headliner down, use a long screwdriver to pop the retainer clip down on the harness to get the 3rd brake light plug out far enough to plug the new one in.

Name:

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    ha guess you never did the L 3rd brakelight on your HD bruce? they are the same way. i had to squeeze out the rear slider, pull the headliner down, use a long screwdriver to pop the retainer clip down on the harness to get the 3rd brake light plug out far enough to plug the new one in.
    No, I never got into changing out the 3rd brake light on the 03. Thanks for the info on how to I just need to get it done at this point.

On the other idea I had of tinting/acetone the chrome badges. They look better just tinted completely out and no chrome showing. The ovals look bad arse tinted. I know they sell the black gel over lays but if you are gonna have a can if spray tint might as well use it, right? Well ventilated work area, take the tail gate off the truck and tape it off real good then tape off the fenders and do those as well. My list of things to do keeps growing. Now if my back would start to get better. SUX!

Later...
    Bruce

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    you could HD-ize it with some stealth black powdercoated 02 emblems lol

http://www.nhtoc.com/classifieds/sho...hp?product=191

Who Dat is
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I tried to take off the huge Ford oval on the grill to see if the blue section can be peeled off ( like on my 02 grill emblem), but that is a tough sombiotch with all the plastic and all. tinting the front and back ovals also sounds kinda cool. maybe tinting the whole front HD grill....whcih is a real easy piece to replace. I wonder if NDebt can get an extra grill for a decent price....

Bruce, are you thinking bout tinting everything on the outside of the truck? I just walked around my truck and everything except the exhaust would look kinda cool with a little smoke tint to them...maybe a purplish hue.....can you photoshop that??

the powder coating is a bit much unless you powdercoat the same color as the truck. those black ones look like some really thick coating too!!
    Last edited by huot5; 08-21-2007 at 06:58 PM.

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    they'd look great on your truck huot! enough to stand out against the amythest but still be pretty stealthy. i'd trade ya emblems + cash for your emblems! lol i'm looking to swap to the 06-07 style

Who Dat is
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I pm'd Ndebt about a replacement grill and Ford Oval emblem, maybe he can throw in some of the 06 07 badges in the quote. on one of the ford parts online catalogs, the grill was $335 and the oval was $26. lemme see if they have fender emblems.....

Name:

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Bruce, are you thinking bout tinting everything on the outside of the truck? I just walked around my truck and everything except the exhaust would look kinda cool with a little smoke tint to them...maybe a purplish hue.....can you photoshop that??
    I want to get the grill painted to match the body of the truck as well and tint all the badges so the only chrome piece would be the exhaust tip(s) since the rims on the FX2 Sports have a smoked section on them already.

Later...
    Bruce

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast