Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Gotta love......

Name:

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RuffnReady View Post
    Nice Snake, it's about time you put a lift on there! I just ordered some Smoked Lens LED Taillights from recon that should be here by Wednesday! I will officially be blacked out then. Can't wait to see the pics!
    Ditto. SO is it ready yet!?!?!?!?

Later...
    Bruce

Sumo Blue
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Black 2003 View Post
    Ditto. SO is it ready yet!?!?!?!?

Later...
    Bruce
    Mine or Ruff's?

--Snake

Good on gas,Hell on dzl
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Snake View Post
    DZL -- 8" 4-link kit. All of the components are at the powder coating shop so I'm goin' nuts waiting on them. You SURE all he had was a Bullydog? You should have been able to run him down with the SCT. Give DJ a call and ask him about the file he did for me -- he met me at the dyno and spent three hours working on it. Its STRONG.
    --Snake
    What color ya goin with on the components??

Yea BullyDog with Crazy Larry tune was it. Didnt even have exhaust. I could barely hear him as he passed me. I started alil early on him the first run(thought he was gonna do ricer flyby) and pulled away, he was passing me by 80mph. Second run we started pretty even, I pulled away some again and he ran me down again. We started from 30mph or so each time. I guess Im loosing to much fuel pressure with the Looney tune to keep up a good topend run. Ive got DJs Intensifier to be installed, maybe thatll help.
    Matt
    2006 F250 Harley, Black with blue Flames. Longbed. MBRP Cool Duals added 08/20/06
    PaceEdwards Bedlocker added 10/15/06
    BedRug added 1/14/07
    AEM polished intake added 1/20/07
    Accufab polished Power Elbow added 1/27/2007
    SCTLivewire-DJ Performance added 5/5/2007
    DJs Fuel+Intensifier added 6/23/2008

Man this is expensive!!!
    Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    2many -- you're kidding me, right?! I'll be playing catchup with you for a looooong time!

I knew I should have stayed with just doing Vent Visors..... that does it I am putting in floor mats as well.
    Last edited by 2manytrucks; 07-30-2007 at 11:40 PM.

Name:

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Mine or Ruff's?

--Snake
    Yours.

Later...
    Bruce

Sumo Blue
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Bruce -- lift kit should be back from the powder coater no later than the 10th. Tires, wheels, shocks, and rear spring have been ordered but haven't arrived. I think they should be here this week so the hold up will be the powder coating. After that, I have to see when I can get her in to have the install done. I'm guessing mid-August

DZL -- all of the Rize components that came with grey powder coating are gettting a chemical bath to strip 'em then will be re-coated in a metallic true blue....same color as the truck. Fortunately, the color match was REAL close and I'm optimistic that it'll look like it came from the factory.
    Do you know the guy with the Dodge that you ran? Are you sure he wasn't running nitrous or pane? How much was he smokin'? I just can't believe that a BullyDog'd Dodge out ran a DJ SCT Powerstroke.

--Snake

Sumo Blue
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 2manytrucks View Post
    I knew I should have stayed with just doing Vent Visors..... that does it I am putting in floor mats as well.
    I can get you a deal on those mats!

You should get a console/organizer for the tranny hump also. Makes a HUGE difference and the judges LOVE it!

--Snake

4X4 POWER-STROKEN
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Nice Snake!!!!!!!!!!!
    I called Mitch.............he is looking at total parts order and going to to see what he can shave off price.
    randy

Sumo Blue
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    That would be great Randy! I really appreciate the assist on this, and please remind Mitch that I'll go the extra mile to help him advertise/promote. I'm chomping at the bit to get this stuff on!

--Snake

Good on gas,Hell on dzl
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    That blue is gona look sweet on the Rize parts under your truck.

Ive talked with the guy a few times before. I pulled against his other truck(96 12v twinturbod) last year. I didnt even know he had the 06 till I saw him pull. I didnt see any nos or pane tanks, but didnt look real close. We stopped at a truck stop on the way home after we raced to talk some. It was 1am, I couldnt see any smoke but mine in the mirrors. And as soon as he got a nose ahead of me, he would let off. If he was smoking it wasnt much. I didnt see any smoke when he pulled the sled either. He claims the Crazy Larry adds 230hp?? I know I weighed a good 700lbs more than he did. I know thats not helping me. Im sure Ill get up with him again at the next pull or something. I mite ask him to pop the hood for good measure.

Matt

World's Fastest Street HD
    Name: Josh

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    ah dont give up the drag racing days just cuz a lift! lol Randy ran his 04 at L-Fest with a lift & big tires and still blasted out a 14 something! haha

if you're up to NJ ever again though, atco may need to take a wrecking ball to the entrance wall though, cuz it probably wouldnt fit through anymore!

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Pic's we need Pic's

Sumo Blue
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I'm with ya Josh! Its a tough call, but I see a lot of Superduties with the same mods as me going almost a full second quicker in the 1/4 and I know its because Sumo is........well, Sumo. They're running 17 and 18 inch wheels and 31" tall tires with 4.10 gears and I'm on 20's with 35's and 3.73's. My future tire and wheel combo ain't exactly gonna be light!

Who knows? Maybe I'll sell a kidney, throw some twin turbos and nitrous on the big girl, and see where she ends up.

GG -- sorry man! No new pics to post. Only thing I have at the house now is the rear springs (kit off to the powder coater and should be back by the 10th and rest of the stuff in transit). Promise I'll get something up when I get the parts in --- although the tires and wheels might stay under the radar until they're on.

--Snake

Man this is expensive!!!
    Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Mike that sux on the rear springs, but it sounds like you are going to get it handled. I would definetly call him and tell him what you told me.

Sumo Blue
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Mike -- called and left them a message last night as well as sending an email. How they handle the situation will determine my level of frustration/satisfaction and I'm optimistic that things will be taken care of.....they have a great reputation. Nice thing is that its not holding me up. Come to think of it, those are the only things I actually have in my possession that are going on the truck.

--Snake

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast