Thread: Friday Night Racing

Name:

Liked 3 Times in 1 Post

Friday Night Racing

Hey guys last night I went to Atlanta Motor Speedway for Friday Nigt Drag Racing. They have pit road set up as an 1/8th mile and you can run for 25.00. They have a truck bracket and there was an L there that got waxed by a Dakota.. Pi$$ed me off, but whatever. IF you guys are interested we could roll down there one Friday night.

It is bracket racing old school (not timeslips / trees just winners and losers!!!) I am not set up to run yet ( give me time, I just got the real tag....), but if anyone is interested let me know.. They are doin it for 5 more weeks!

And then there was 1
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    what time does this start...i am currently in augusta so that is only a couple hours ride away...many mustangs and camaros out there? cause that is about all i like to run...LOL....only cause they "think" they are fast

Name:

Liked 3 Times in 1 Post
    Lots of both...... Warmups start at 5:00 gates open at 6 and they start around 6 30 with brackets.... Love to have some HD's out there...

RLTW!
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I was actually thinking of going to that drag strip today, but when I mapquested it, it said it was over 3 hours away, so guess I'll stick to Silver Dollar Speedway.

Saint

And then there was 1
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    anyone actually do any draggin in ga? looking to have a little fun....also a new tune is needed so looking for a tuner around agusta area or so

NOBLE
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    If you are in Augusta, Jackson Drag Trip is only a couple miles away on Highway 125 in Jackson, SC. They race on Thursday night. If you decide to ever go to Jackson let me know and I'll come out and watch you run. There's no need for me to run because I have an 01 N/A.

And then there was 1
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thall View Post
    If you are in Augusta, Jackson Drag Trip is only a couple miles away on Highway 125 in Jackson, SC. They race on Thursday night. If you decide to ever go to Jackson let me know and I'll come out and watch you run. There's no need for me to run because I have an 01 N/A.
    yeah i am only here in augusta for school and my buddies that are stationed here run their bikes out there just about every thursday night...yeah..i am hoping for a new tune soon and will be there with bells on....only prob...i sold my slicks so i will be on street tires..= about .5 second slower...arggggg..but i will send a message out when i am ready to head up there a few days in advance....is the tuner in anderson SC still around? Aurthor...i heard his shop burnt down.. looking for a tuner if anyone knows of one....A GOOD ONE!!

RLTW!
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 03hdsc View Post
    anyone actually do any draggin in ga? looking to have a little fun....also a new tune is needed so looking for a tuner around agusta area or so
    I am at Ft Benning and go to Silver Dollar Raceway a couple times a month. They have an ET Sportsman that's pretty fun. Not sure when I am going again though, I need to work some kinks out and get the truck running like it should.

Are you a 25 series? I figured you must be if you are in school at Ft Gordon. I used to be a 25S, now 11Z, but spent plenty of time at Ft Gordon a few years ago.

Saint

And then there was 1
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    yep 25B going to ANCOC....yeah that is what i am tryin to do with a tuner is work some kinks out....maybe its just in the tune....hopefully but i NEED to race this thing.....bad..lol

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    The other portion of the group does attend the track way more often then the HD's... We go every once and a while...
    GLOC, tel them I sent ya,,,,Then duck..l.o.l.
    http://www.nloc.net/vbforum/gloc/160...ds-8-11-a.html
    IN MEMORY OF
    Blake (Fuzion) Finnel 12-3-1986 - 08-11-2007
    NHTOC #120

600/700 Club
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I frequent Reynods as well as Twiggs Co. 1/8 mile (Macon, GA) preperations are underway in hopes of taking no prisoners when it cools a little.

Dixie Performance Built - F2B Tuned Street Tune 572/607--Race Tune 608/696 SAE
    Dyno Vid Engine Vid Burnout Vid Track Vid Exhaust Vid 0-100 Run
    11.09 @ 125 MPH With a 1.72 60' Time