Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Please Feedback Nav. Head Units

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I have the Avic-Z-2 and have been running it for the last 3 months. Only upgrades I've added to it is the back-up cam, XM & Ipod Interface. All reasonably priced upgrades: $150 for Xm Traffic Nav; $50 for Ipod Interface & ; $75 for back-up cam.
    I love the sound quality of the unit; the 3-D navigation; engine stats; 30GB Hard Drive and how f'ing smart the unit is. When i put it on 3-D nav any store of any kind will have a little icon above it relating to what that store does. You can tap the screen and it will give you all the information/phone number. Its basically a virtual 3-D yellow pages as you drive through to your destination. Another favorite part is how the ipod on screen looks exactly how it does on your ipod; not to mention it charges the ipod. Theres so many features that you would only appreciate if you were using it; if i think of any else i will be sure to include..

No more blower...
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    No mention of Alpine's W205? Docking capabilities (flip down the face and insert like a CD/DVD) for their new Blackbird. So when you get in your other vehicle or what have you, take the nav with you. Updates with simple software updates from Alpines website. With this you can listen to music/MP3's on CD/DVD or the radio or Sirius or watch DVD with Nav running in background. The blackbird also holds 4gb of music. iPod cable is 29.99 at Bestbuy and is fully functioning full-speed.

Name: Phil

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Does anyone know where the Kenwood stores the Nav information. Is it a Harddrive?

I am also debating with the Pioneer AVICZ2 but kind of expensive.

The Eclispe looks like a nice unit but add-ons are expensive to drive the price even higher.

And what is the difference with the Pioneer AVIC D2. It looks like it does the same as the AVIC Z2.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Does anyone know if the KEnwood DNX 1700 Unit will work with the older IPODs ?

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by priobe View Post
    And what is the difference with the Pioneer AVIC D2. It looks like it does the same as the AVIC Z2.
    Check out Pioneerelectronics.com & go to Navigation section under products and both Tv's will display. The D-3 does not have a hard drive & it uses CD's to make use of the Navigation. The one thing the D-3 does over the Z-2; is you can change the illumination color of the buttons screen..etc. But check out pioneers website theirs a lot of little functions that makes the Z-2 tower of the D-3 which would explain the price difference. But i would suggest going to a local audio shop.. My local one called Audiocreations; now keep in mind that i have had 3 vehicles done; he gave me my Z-2 $800 off MSRP.

Formerly "mlelsafe"
    Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 1niceharley View Post
    Mlelsafe,
    I e-mailed Eclipse and they said maybe in a couple of months they will have the update for the AVN5495 since they already have it out for the DVD drive models.

I agree with Mlelsafe. Great unit but others have "better" features. But I will run Eclipse over Kenwood or Pioneer anyday. It is a personal preferance. I had Kenwood Excelon (sp) before and had many problems and I don't like how the Pioneers menus are set up. The Eclipse is very easy to use and sounds great.
    I'll have to check into that-thanks. Any idea what they plan to charge for the updated maps?

Stock - for now
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    The Kenwoods are going for 900 - 1000. I stand correct I will need to spend $200 more for the Kenwood.

The Pioneers I see them for $639

Where are you seeing the D3's for that price? Got a link?

closer to done!
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    the 7100 will work w/older ipods you might have to go on apple's site to do a "flash" to it, but it will work.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Harley F150

Here is your link $647

http://lowpricedigital.com/item.asp?...ioneer_avic_d3

Sumo Blue
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Went and checked out my head unit -- its the 8019, not the 7100. FWIW, I love it.

--Snake

Stock - for now
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Thanks

closer to done!
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    damn! the ipod controls on that unit look nice!

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I just purchased the d3 with bluetooth, ipod cable and sirius. For the price you cant beat it. I put all my music on the ipod so I dont need to take out the gps cd. The only downfall would be if you were watching a movie and wanted to access Gps functions. I like it though.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    2003BlackHD,

Thats the reason why I would want to stay away from the D3. I would hate to remove the movie and look for something in the GPS then try to find that spot on the movie.

I dont think the Z2 has that problem but it is very expensive. Cheapest I found it was about 1400 on the web.

Thats why I am leaning towards the Kenwood.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    z2 def does not have that problem.. you can be burning a cd to the hard drive with nav in full motion in the background; Or vise versa a movie. I have no complaints with this unit

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast