Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Blake's Stickers

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    okay guys i am printing out all the addy's i have in my pm box and i will mail them out tomorrow

El Presidente
    Name:

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Thanks.

Gone Hunting
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Well thanks to Virgil, I got some stickers plus a few extras for Lightning Fest.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Got mine today. Had it in my hands for 2 seconds before the install. BE ADVISED: THEY ARE COMING FOLDED IN 1/2 AND WILL TAKE ALITTLE FINESSE TO SMOOTH THEM OUT. Will post up pics soon. Thanx Virg.
    2003 HARLEY DAVIDSON F-150 #2888 (Black) of 10,047. Born on 1/23/03.
    Formerly "100th#2888"

Dual Magnaflows w/ X, HID headlights, LED rear, L 3rd, Line of Fire, Roush fogs, Eibach 1" front drop, 2" Bell Tech rear drop, "L" spec Bilsteins at all 4, Ported and Polished throttle body, Custom polished stock upper, Volant intake, METCO Idler pulleys, Innovations ProSport. TRADED IN ON 6/3/08. Fun while the ride lasted. U.S. NAVY SEABEES RETIRED.

Name:

Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
    I didn't know Blake, but I would be honored to fly his colors. my deepest regrets go to his family. I would love to get 1 in orange and 1 in silver if possible.
    02 black screw...378.55rwhp/495.62rwtq std. volant cai, sbtb, upper plenum, 2.8upper pulley, 4#lower pulley, ngk tr6 plugs.

Alpine DVD head unit, JBL 10" sub in rear console, db amp...will be uprading the the rest of the stereo soon.

Diablo Predator Sport
    Tuned by Mike at Uniquetuning.net

Future Mods
    New LFP Trans pan, Rear diff Cover, RpmOutlet Cooling kit, electric fan, dual fuel pumps, FTVB, MAFia Module, lighter water pump, and GMS COP

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I just got mine right now, at my parent's house. I'll stick one up today if I can gather the courage to clean an area of my truck. I'm still fairly new to the site and didn't know the guy, but I don't mind paying tribute to someone who was such a big part of this site.
    Last edited by rman; 08-25-2007 at 11:08 AM.

Gone but never forgotten
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Remeber guys we need pics of u and your ride pointing to the stickers and make sure u can see the sticker in the pic

Sumo Blue
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Got mine last night and put it on this morning.

Thanks Sheridan, for taking care of me.........

I'll try to get some pics soon and get 'em up.

We miss you Blake, but you won't be forgotten.

--Snake

Another member of the BOC
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Got mine today & will post pics once they are installed.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    i snapped a few pics of the sticker but will have to clean up the truck and have someone take a pic of me next to it.

maybe some of the SD htsc guys can get together and take a few pics, good photo op. I'm down if anyone else is....100th, sdharley03, bradshow, etc... no stewie since he's out of town.

BTW where did you all put them? I put mine on lower left rear winshield

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rman beat me to it:
    First decal has been on the truck since 1 month after I got it. Retired it for Fuzion.
    Last edited by CONMECH; 11-06-2009 at 01:26 AM.

World's Fastest Street HD
    Name: Josh

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    pics look great guys! keep them coming!

also if you can have somebody take a pic of you standing next to the truck pointing to the decal that would be awesome. for the tribute vid we were thinking of having a portion at the end with like "Fuzz, we will miss you....but will NEVER forget you..." then have a slideshow of all these different trucks and owners from all around the country with the decal on their window or wherever, standing next to their truck pointing to the fuzz memorial decal. the more we get the bigger the impact that portion of the vid will have!!!

any tips for working the crease out of the decal? mine was folded pretty good and has a perfect crease down it

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    hey guys don't worry about the creases, the easiest way to stick these is to get some masking tape tear off 2 small pieces place them at the top left corner and top right corner of the decal, then you can either eyeball if of get out the tape measure and make sure it's straight, once you do that tape the whole top of the sticker, half on the decal half on the window, flip up the decal and peel the paper backing off and squeegee it down starting from the middle top going back and forth left to right and that will get the crease out, the masking tape will basically work as a hinge

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    i sprayed the window down with simple green and while still slightly wet, slapped the vinyl on it. you can make adjustments, etc since it's still wet, and it makes it easy to flatten out the crease and squeegee and bubbles out.

then hit it with a heat gun or blowdryer while carefully and gently prying off the wax paper backing (since its the front, maybe we call it the fronting?).

just some time and finesse. a little technique learned in an import magazine from back in the day - it's like adding 80hp! it's the same teqhnique for tinting windows....

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Water with a couple drops of dish soap is your safest bet...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast