Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Cleaning & Conditioning Seats

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Cleaning & Conditioning Seats

Whats the best thing to use to clean the seats in our trucks? Whats the best leather conditioner to use? I don't want 3000 little cracks in my front seat nor do I want to damage them by using something im not supposed to.

Name:

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Good question. I was always under the impression that with leather comes the millions of little cracks and wrinkles in the material.

Later...
    Bruce

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I haven't even cleaned them yet...I wonder if Mothers leather condition would be a good idea? I know the king ranch's have a special cleaner/conditioner to use but those seats are like ball gloves so..

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    i used Meguiar's Gold Class leather cleaner/conditioner in a spray on my benz 2 days ago.

I shat you not the color started to come off the leather ON CONTACT. Barely noticeable but surpising to say the least. I continued to gently use it and it worked OK. It was on the high-wear areas that it did it. This is the first time I've noticed it and I've used this spary once before.
    Mind you the benz has 117k on the clock, and front seats.

Next I'm going to pick up some Zymol - the cleaner and the conditioner. I've read some good things about it - but I've also heard it takes the most elbow grease to use.

You could always try some berries and juices harvested from the past 17 years in Zamunda

ResFirma Mitescere Nescit
    Name: stew

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I got some killer stuff from TxHarley....leather only one step, smells just like real leather and does a great job...

"Shadow the Hedgehog"
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bgstew6 View Post
    I got some killer stuff from TxHarley....leather only one step, smells just like real leather and does a great job...
    Do you know the name of this product ?...Stew

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Leather Only

Shoot Tx Harley Guy a pm

Name:

Liked 3 Times in 1 Post
    Here is a post by Dbl G that I found useful.
    http://www.nhtoc.com/vbforum/showthread.php?t=35213

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Used Meguiars gold class cleaner/conditioner creme and never ahd a problem with it either...
    Alcantra is that fake suede in the Lightnings...

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I use the stuff in the little bowl from the Harley dealership.It works good,and really cheap for where it comes from.

Go Dawgs
    Name: Terry

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I use "Leather care" from Griots.

www.griotsgarage.com

World's Fastest Street HD
    Name: Josh

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    if you're in a pinch and want some stuff local and quick, the turtle wax leather cleaner/conditioner is actually half decent. i used that stuff for the 1st two years i had my truck and was very pleased.

been using zaino for the past 5 years though on the leather. works INCREDIBLE. my seats are 7 years old and i've seen some trucks that are a year or two old with seats more worn looking than mine. very slight leather scent, dries so its not greasy, leaves a nice brand new looking sheen to the leather. by far one of my most favorite Z products. even if you dont use their polish, its worth it to use their leather goodies

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Harley#356 View Post
    if you're in a pinch and want some stuff local and quick, the turtle wax leather cleaner/conditioner is actually half decent. i used that stuff for the 1st two years i had my truck and was very pleased.

been using zaino for the past 5 years though on the leather. works INCREDIBLE. my seats are 7 years old and i've seen some trucks that are a year or two old with seats more worn looking than mine. very slight leather scent, dries so its not greasy, leaves a nice brand new looking sheen to the leather. by far one of my most favorite Z products. even if you dont use their polish, its worth it to use their leather goodies
    Light leather scent LOL....Zaino smells just like leather and pretty strong IMO...but I love that smell of fresh leather!!!!....after I finished up that bottle Tx Harley Guy sent me the Leather only stuff....I swear they are the same thing LOL....

The Zaino Leather cleaner is great stuff too now that does have a faint leather smell to it....I still have bout half a bottle of that left..

World's Fastest Street HD
    Name: Josh

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    idk, my zaino leather cleaner & conditioner dont smell like much of anything. just faintly like leather. dunno if mine are just older mix's though. they are probably 4 years old and still havent used a full bottle of each yet! stuff lasts!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Harley#356 View Post
    idk, my zaino leather cleaner & conditioner dont smell like much of anything. just faintly like leather. dunno if mine are just older mix's though. they are probably 4 years old and still havent used a full bottle of each yet! stuff lasts!

Probalby jsut an older batch....I think I got mine bout two years or close to it after you brought them up here.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast