Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Hello fellow HD owners from Oklahoma.

#8658, 6/3/02
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Laugh Hello fellow HD owners from Oklahoma.

I am brand new to the Harley F-150 with my previous vehicle being a 1997 Nissan Pathfinder which I still have. I purchased a 2002 DSG Supercrew w/ 88k from the local CarMax dealership and for the 2-3 weeks that i've owned the vehicle so far I cannot wipe the smile off of my face each time I walk out to the parking lot or while i'm cruising around the city. Even though the HD was alot more truck than what I was looking for I don't see myself having buyers remorse anytime soon or ever. I have always admired these rolling works of art since they were introduced in the 2000 model year and I now finally have one of my own. I am glad that I can now go to a online community and not hear about how someone's new trashcan muffler sounds on their 240sx, it gets old real quick. It feels great to be here and I plan on staying for quite a while. Also I believe that the mod bug has bitten me already, any suggestions?(nothing crazy like a 150 shot of nitrous or expensive like a 2.6 KB, keep it under $400, for now.) Once again it feels great to be here.

Momentary Lapse of Reason
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Welcome!! The mod bug will bite even harder once you start reading some of these forums, at least that's what it did for me over the weekend, lol

-shayne

"Shadow the Hedgehog"
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Welcome Joe lots of info here
    #2256 built in 3/26/02 - 6# lower, 377HP/483TQ before the Whipple.

ResFirma Mitescere Nescit
    Name: stew

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    WElcome aboard Joe!

4Sale in the classifieds
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Welcome Home Joe!!

My Screename doesn't work
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Welcome!

Who Dat is
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Welcome Joe to the HT family . definitely find out what mods your truck currently has, so if someone suggests a Valve Body (FTVB, in particular), you need to make sure your truck doesn't already have it from the previous owner...
    And try to get together with some HT owners in your area , they can give you a first hand rundown....
    Good luck

World's Fastest Street HD
    Name: Josh

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    welcome to the site!

a FTVB (factory tech valve body) would definately be a nice start to the modding and really get you hooked!

MotorCity T-Sport
    Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Thumbs up Welcome!!

Also, congrats on your recent HD F-150.

#09975, Michigan, Built:05/08/2003,
    Black, NHTOC #494, (Wes)
    22" Staggered Tire Club (STC)
    “the old horse is getting even with me for the sins of my youth.”

Mods: 2.93" Non-Slip Upper & 5lb Lower Pulleys, MP Bracket w/90MM Dbl Bearing Idlers,
    K&N FIPK2 CAI, L&S Oil Separator, F-250 Tranny Cooler w/B&M Remote Filter Kit and
    Moroso Trans Pan. MagnaFlow's "L" Exit Cat-Back, Belltech Pro Sport 1"-2" Drop Coils
    on 2", Belltech 3" - 4" Drop Leaf Springs, Sulastic Rubber Springs, “L” Spec Bilstein’s Front
    & HPS 1000 Shocks Rear. 22" Detroit Replica Wheels w/Toyo Proxes S/T 285/35's Front &
    305/40's Rear. Fire & Ice 12" LED, Colgan Custom Harley Truck Bra and AMI Locking Fuel
    Door. AeroForce Interceptor OBDII and Innovate MotorSport WideBand Guages.
    382 RWHP / 496 RWTQ
    The End...ya think??

2003 H/D #6809
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    welcome to the site!
    2009 G8 GT<--FOR SALE or TRADE for 03 HD
    Vararam|axle backs, H pipe, mids/res delete|pedders coil overs|cortex|DDM 8k HIDs|20% tint|vortex fins|hidden hitch|spohn trailing arms|BMR full bushing kit
    GXP Mods:
    front bumper|diffuser
    SSv Mods:
    SSv badges
    Camaro Mods:
    20" MS rims|SS Brembo's

2007 ZX-14<-------FOR SALE
    16/41|pc3|dual leo vince|asv levers|lowered|DDM 6k HIDs|puig|sliders|ostrich skin

SOLD-----2003 HD #6809-----SOLD

A failure to communicate
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joedpl View Post
    I am brand new to the Harley F-150 with my previous vehicle being a 1997 Nissan Pathfinder which I still have. I purchased a 2002 DSG Supercrew w/ 88k from the local CarMax dealership and for the 2-3 weeks that i've owned the vehicle so far I cannot wipe the smile off of my face each time I walk out to the parking lot or while i'm cruising around the city. Even though the HD was alot more truck than what I was looking for I don't see myself having buyers remorse anytime soon or ever. I have always admired these rolling works of art since they were introduced in the 2000 model year and I now finally have one of my own. I am glad that I can now go to a online community and not hear about how someone's new trashcan muffler sounds on their 240sx, it gets old real quick. It feels great to be here and I plan on staying for quite a while. Also I believe that the mod bug has bitten me already, any suggestions?(nothing crazy like a 150 shot of nitrous or expensive like a 2.6 KB, keep it under $400, for now.) Once again it feels great to be here.

Welcome...good to see another OKC area native on here.

#8658, 6/3/02
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Harley#356 View Post
    welcome to the site!

a FTVB (factory tech valve body) would definately be a nice start to the modding and really get you hooked!
    I'm fairly sure that the truck is bone stock,it even has the fram paper air filter, but since I am new how would I be able to tell if the truck already has a FTVB?

Supporting Vendor
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joedpl View Post
    I'm fairly sure that the truck is bone stock,it even has the fram paper air filter, but since I am new how would I be able to tell if the truck already has a FTVB?

Welcome. Another Okie here. To answer your ? put a hot cup of coffee in the cup holder or between legs,Next put peddle to the floor. At the end of the quarter mile if you have 3rd degree burns you have a FTVB seriously you would know it.
    If it's not BLOWN it must suck.

Riverside Parts Distribution Center
    Complete O.E.M. Ford Parts Source and distributer of many aftermarket accessories. See our SV section for our line sheet or call toll free (877) 839-5902
    Riverside Parts Distribution Center website Or e-mail me direct at mnobles@gmail.com

#8658, 6/3/02
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NDEBT View Post
    Welcome. Another Okie here. To answer your ? put a hot cup of coffee in the cup holder or between legs,Next put peddle to the floor. At the end of the quarter mile if you have 3rd degree burns you have a FTVB seriously you would know it.
    Well that's good to know, which websites should I start looking at?

Is LooKing 4 TROUBLE!
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Welcome, I also have a 02 DSG!
    HIGHpsi
    2002 DSG, +8 lower, Stage2 LFP cams, Sct Xcal2, Dyno tuned by Atlanta Chassis Dyno, Motoblue Classic aux Idler, AEM Bruteforce coldair, Belltech 2-4 kit, Alpine Dvd flip out. Alpine amp, M.A. comp 8" sub in rear console. More coming soon

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast