Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Belltech 3/5 kit

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Belltech 3/5 kit

Has anybody used the new belltech set up with the spindles and adjustable shock up front and the flip kit in the rear? It looks like a nice set up. The use the stock front and rear springs but the front shocks can adjust the ride height to get up to an extra 2".

World's Fastest Street HD
    Name: Josh

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    adjustable shocks wont change the ride height, only springs & A-arms & spindles, etc. will change that.

not sure if any guys on here went with the spindles on the gen 3's yet or not, but a number have the flip kit and it definately gets the truck down where it belongs!

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    They have the adjustable shocks/struts. Its kit #431.

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    ah interesting. I thought you were talking about like an adjustable type shock like the QA1's

havent really checked out the gen 3's suspension, but would be interested to see a kit installed
    http://www.belltech.com/products/ford.htm#newprod

"Shadow the Hedgehog"
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Wow...great finding thank you

After I instaled the spindles,with my Hotchkis TVS,it was way to low,so I had to fabricate a "spacer" and sure it is like "backyard made" and now they como to the rescue with the spacers...just perfect for my application ...
    #2256 built in 3/26/02 - 6# lower, 377HP/483TQ before the Whipple.

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    order one up and lets throw it in at the mod day!

"Shadow the Hedgehog"
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    for sure Josh,I am trying to find a dealer that offers it,followed their link to it,but no success yet I am also in the process of geting the bilsteins to do the whole susp job once and for all...and I swear...I'll never change my susp set up again

tdr6874
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    3/5...lower than 4 in back you will need c notch or bottom out with empty truck, or airbag assist unless stiffer leafs are added....lower than 2 1/2 up front run into clearance up front with large diameter tires...will need to swap for low pro's...i know some have done it without, but i just can drive a car that does not work 100%....nothing looks more tacky and slapped together than a fine ride that drags inner fender wells when trying to park in a parking lot
    Last edited by tdr6874; 09-19-2007 at 07:46 PM.

"Shadow the Hedgehog"
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    What will hit. Cant you just roll the fender? I plan on having to notch it. The standard 2-4 drop looks gay. Maybe I can return the shockwave to my 64 galaxie I never used and just air bag. Like I always say go big or go home. FBM$

tdr6874
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    when turning at speed the body roll of the truck will cause the outer fender lip to rub on top of tire...the back will bottom out on a 5 inch drop out back on the rearend and frame rail...this is with an empty truck no passengers with a moderate bump.....you will need a 30 or 35 series front tire to not get the front to drag on tire from the body roll....call djm suspension or groundforce...or just ride in one if you know someone that got it done...and listen to the front end drag on just moderate cornering....

tdr6874
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zkriegel View Post
    What will hit. Cant you just roll the fender? I plan on having to notch it. The standard 2-4 drop looks gay. Maybe I can return the shockwave to my 64 galaxie I never used and just air bag. Like I always say go big or go home. FBM$
    yes airride is a nice option..but it is not perfect...my 62 chevy is a full fbss air ride tech ride pro set up...looks killer in a parking lot sitting...but just cant get a nice ride with it low...you got to air it up a bit higher than i would like it to be when driving...when if i had got coils and spindles it would have riden lower but not been nearly as low...since that is not a daily like my truck is...the look i like for the truck is best look and ride all the time...not just best look in a lot at a show or meet....

here is a 4.5 drop out back that a guy did...he said that he had to space the bump stop out some to keep the rear tires from hitting the lip of the bed....i be he could roll his lip...but the harley has the plastic body fender lip that attaches to the fender lip...if it is rolled there is no place to mount the lip moldings

most guys running a 3/5 drop do not have 22 inch rims..some do
    Last edited by tdr6874; 09-19-2007 at 09:23 PM.

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    all the HD guys with a 3/5 drop are running 22's! lol a lot of that rubbing on the edge of the fender would depend on the backspacing or offset of the rims. i think the factory 22's are able to tuck inside that edge of the fender lip in the rears to clear

tdr6874
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Harley#356 View Post
    all the HD guys with a 3/5 drop are running 22's! lol a lot of that rubbing on the edge of the fender would depend on the backspacing or offset of the rims. i think the factory 22's are able to tuck inside that edge of the fender lip in the rears to clear

lol..yes they have it but they do tell of the rubbing....

from esdonkeyboy

"If you go this low you will lose the ability too carry much of anything that being said I didn't c-notch my frame. I haul my KTM around but not much else and the front will rub if you push it in turns or hit speed bumps going a little to fast. I wanted the truck to be low so I wasn't concerned about utility. If you are this kit is probably to low at least with the bigger 22's"

http://www.nhtoc.com/vbforum/showthr...t=30598&page=6
    Last edited by tdr6874; 09-20-2007 at 06:13 AM.

Who Dat is
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I have the GF 2 /5 drop and do not have any rubbing issues up front with the stock 275/45/22's or out back. The rear bump stops are real close to the rear axle. I could go with the biscuit bumpstops, to give it more space but even with stuff in the bed, I haven't had any issues with the rear tires hitting.
    Last edited by huot5; 09-20-2007 at 09:04 AM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast