Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: 03 HD TVS being installed today ?

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Here is a pic of my 02, Belltech Pro-Coil Kit on front @ 1" drop setting,
    (front @ 16-1/2"), rear with JLP 2-3-4 on the 4" setting (rear @ 17-1/2"). Looking to drop the rear another 1/2" -1".
    Wheels: 22" Factory Reps, Tires 285/35's No rubbs.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Blu Buy U; 10-15-2007 at 10:20 PM.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blu Buy U, What Brand of wax do you use, your truck looks pitch black,I need to work on my detail as soon as I am done with my suspension and stereo system,What is your plan to get the extra inch in the back?

MotorCity T-Sport
    Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackJewl View Post
    03 HD F150SC,Nice Truck Look's like mine.How does it drive compared to stock, Also What setting do you have JPL shackle's on 3 or 4 ?
    Thanks. My JLP Shackles are on the 4th setting & I have shock extenders. Another inch drop in the rear would be nice, but I don't want to spend additional dollars now, so I'll stick with this set-up for good while.

The feedback through the steering wheel gives me a feeling of being more connected to the road. That stock floating feeling is gone. The overall ride is now good bit firmer, however, it's affords more control too, which I mainly contribute to the "L" Spec Bilsteins. Potholes and bad road surfaces are noticeable, but most expressways, interstates and reasonably good local roads bring a HUGE smile, because the ride is reasonably smooth. Cutting the rear bump stops made a huge improvement in the ride. The Helwig Sway Bar installed last month has added benefits too, especially during cornering, curves, and entrance and exit ramps.

The Screw Bilsteins would probably be a better alternative for someone who wants or needs a softer ride.
    Last edited by 03_HD_F150SC; 10-16-2007 at 07:41 AM.

#09975, Michigan, Built:05/08/2003,
    Black, NHTOC #494, (Wes)
    22" Staggered Tire Club (STC)
    “the old horse is getting even with me for the sins of my youth.”

Mods: 2.93" Non-Slip Upper & 5lb Lower Pulleys, MP Bracket w/90MM Dbl Bearing Idlers,
    K&N FIPK2 CAI, L&S Oil Separator, F-250 Tranny Cooler w/B&M Remote Filter Kit and
    Moroso Trans Pan. MagnaFlow's "L" Exit Cat-Back, Belltech Pro Sport 1"-2" Drop Coils
    on 2", Belltech 3" - 4" Drop Leaf Springs, Sulastic Rubber Springs, “L” Spec Bilstein’s Front
    & HPS 1000 Shocks Rear. 22" Detroit Replica Wheels w/Toyo Proxes S/T 285/35's Front &
    305/40's Rear. Fire & Ice 12" LED, Colgan Custom Harley Truck Bra and AMI Locking Fuel
    Door. AeroForce Interceptor OBDII and Innovate MotorSport WideBand Guages.
    382 RWHP / 496 RWTQ
    The End...ya think??

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackJewl View Post
    Blu Buy U, What Brand of wax do you use, your truck looks pitch black,I need to work on my detail as soon as I am done with my suspension and stereo system,What is your plan to get the extra inch in the back?
    1) I had my truck done professionally,... don't know what wax was used.
    2) Lighting / Cloud cover was perfect that day the pic was taken, + my wife
    is a professional photographer & has exceptional equipment.
    3) Don't know for sure how I'm going togo after the last 1/2"-1",....... I'm
    leaning towards Belltech 3" leafs.

MotorCity T-Sport
    Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Blu Buy U View Post

3) Don't know for sure how I'm going togo after the last 1/2"-1",....... I'm
    leaning towards Belltech 3" leafs.
    Hey Blu,

Hopefully, that won't require a C Notch and/or different Shackles. That's why I'm reluctant to investigate right now. Got so many other financial irons on the fire, and holidays are also on the horizon too.

If you're planning to do near term, please let me know what $$ to expect.

She's lookin' good.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 03_HD_F150SC View Post
    Hey Blu,

Hopefully, that won't require a C Notch and/or different Shackles. That's why I'm reluctant to investigate right now. Got so many other financial irons on the fire, and holidays are also on the horizon too.

If you're planning to do near term, please let me know what $$ to expect.

She's lookin' good.
    Thanks. I think I'll be Ok (w/o "C" notch) with the 3" BT leafs,.. I realize the JLP 2-3-4" shackels will need to find a new home. I plan install the OEM stock Ford shackles if I go this route. The 3" BT leafs run ~ $150- each side @ Pefrormance Center dot com. Part of my lowering project includes a set of Metco lowers ($400-). I'll see where this combo gets me & go from there. I'm liquidating some parts so Santa doesn't get squeezed.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3