Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: October 2007 TOTM - Mike (Snake) Deardorff #331

Yeah... I drive fast.
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

October 2007 TOTM - Mike (Snake) Deardorff #331

Greetings once again campers. We're taking a stylish, smokey, stump pulling approach this this months edition of the Truck of the Month by honoring Mike "Snake" Deardorff as the October 2007 Truck of the Month. As you can see, Mike's rig is very well done. Congrads.

Question # 1: What sparked your interests in the Harley trucks? Specifically your HD Truck?
    Back in 2001, I had just bought a Harley Fatboy and one of my buddies that I rode with had a 2000 Harley F-150. I liked it.....A LOT! So much so, that I bought a 2002 Harley F-150 but ended up selling that before I deployed overseas in support of Operation Iraqi Freedom. At the time, I had no idea how long it would be before I came back, or if I would even come back. After I returned, I started looking for another Harley truck and caught my first glimpse of the 05 Harley Superduty on this site. I knew right then that I had to have one.

Question # 2: Any interesting stories behind the history of vehicles you've owned leading up to the HD truck or how you got it?

I've only owned one car -- everything else has been a truck and most of those have been traded in by the time they needed tires. I started life as a Chevy/GMC guy (yeah, yeah, I know) but I've seen the light and am now a die-hard Blue Oval fan. I figured out what options I wanted on this truck and went to a local dealer hoping they could find one with my specifications. They couldn't, so I ordered one. I gave Randy (HARLEY6LF250SDU) my VIN so I could track my build and found out I was a lucky fool: 2005 Ford F-250 Harley Davidson Edition #3991 build was complete on March 17, 2005 (Saint Patrick's Day) and I took delivery on April 1st (April Fool's Day).

Question # 3: Give me a rough list of the mods that have been done to your truck. I know you've got a lot done, so you can just list for favorites if you'd like!
    The first mod I did was a MBRP turbo back exhaust. After that, it got a little out of control. As the truck sits now (I apologize in advance for bouncing from interior to exterior to performance): MBRP exhaust (now with a 6" polished stainless steel tip), AirRaid Intake with the "Zoodad" mod (cut behind the grill to open air flow), ARP head studs, a custom tuned SCT by DJ at dj-performance.com, ARE "Z" Series topper, Recon smoked clearance lights, Ford finned aluminum differential cover (powder coated silver), tinted front windows, an extensive sound system (Kenwood double-DIN head unit with nav, JL amp, Boston Acoustics speakers, JL 10" subs, and the entire truck lined with several layers of FatMat), Nathan K3 Airchimes and on-board air, "BearHunter" stealth back up lights, Sylvania SilverStar bulbs in the headlights and foglights, CatchAll floor liners, and custom gel overlays on the tailgate and steering wheel. Most recently, I lifted "Sumo Blue" using a 8" Rize quad-link system that was powder coated the same color as the truck by Pro Coat in Tampa, FL. I was looking for a nice tire and wheel combo and Randy (HARLEY6LF250SDU) directed me to AquaSun Motorsports in New Smyrna Beach, FL. I ended up purchasing a set of ten lug 22" Alcoa Super Singles, 37" Toyo Mud Terrains, and my King shocks from them. The back half of the truck is riding on a pair of DR 8" Plush Ride springs, powder coated to match the truck, of course.

I'd say my favorite mod is my train horns -- Nathan K3's. I removed the horns from the factory manifold and my friend and I designed and fabricated the mounts. The bells now reside on the driver's side frame rail and I have a 5 gallon tank sitting between the receiver holding 200 psi of air. A ViAir 480C compressor fills the tank and air is delivered to the horns through 1/2" lines and fittings. Needless to say they are LOUD! The tank also has a quick connect fitting so I can hook up a 25' hose for things such as airing up tires.

Question # 4: Tell us a little about yourself. Your other hobbies, your job, your favorite past time, whatever!

Very proudly I'll tell you that I spent 11 years in the Marine Corps. I transitioned to civlian life in 2004 and am now a Project Manager for a staffing firm in Tampa, FL. I'm engaged to a wonderful woman who's very, very supportive of my modding and has even let me slide on "house mods" so I can finish the truck (like that's ever going to happen!). I have two Rottweilers, three cats, and won't kill anything I'm not going to eat unless it threatens me or my family. I'm a die-hard Flyers fan and love hockey. Most significantly, I found God again and am trying to progress in my walk.

Question # 5: You've been a member on the site for a while now, what is one of the best things you like about the site that keeps you around?

Definitely the family we have here. I've never met a better group of people who are so willing to go out of their way to share their knowledge or lend their assistance. The support that exists amongst our members is second to none.

Question # 6: What is one suggestion to help make the site a better place?

I think Josh said it last month when he won TOTM: bring back the old classifieds. It matched the format of the rest of the board and I think its easier to post and search for items.

Question # 7:
    This is where I normally ask about where you decided on your screen name and any specific reason for choosing it?

I wish I could say there's a great story behind this, but there isn't. When I started riding, everyone in the group I rode with had a riding name: Johnny "Balls" Smith, "Rude Bill" from Jacksonville, "Rack" (I can't even remember her real name, but her riding name is self-explanatory).......I have a snake tattoo on my arm that's very prominent. I was thus dubbed "Snake."

Question # 8: Almost at the end, what is in the future for your truck?, so what’s the next plan of attack for your trucks future?!

By the time you're reading this, Sumo should have a set of AutoMeter Nexus gauges (pyro, trans temp, and boost) mounted to the A-pillar, 4:30 gears with a Detroit TruTrac in the rear, a blue powder coated MagHytec differential cover, a new tune from DJ to make up for the larger diameter tires, and fresh tint on all the windows (including the topper). After that? Maybe a BedRug, custom bumpers, and some engine bling........perhaps a shot of nitrous and some upgraded rotors? Then I'm just going to enjoy the truck!

Question 9: Last and final question, just an open end question for if you had anything else you wanted to mention that I didn’t have a question for...here's the place to go at it! Your website link, a plug for something, etc. etc. whatever you want to throw in!

First I'd like to say I'm truly humbled to be chosen as TOTM, especially when you consider some of the amazing trucks on this site. To even be considered is an honor. I'd really like to thank Mike (2manytrucks) for the inspiration, guidance, and friendship. His truck is a jaw-dropper and extremely functional. I'd also like to thank Pro Coat Powder Coating in Tampa, FL, DJ and Vivian at dj-performance.com, AquaSun Motorsports in New Smyrna Beach, FL, and Doug at Brandon Ford in Florida: I think they're among the best in the business and they all provided me with incredible customer service. And last but not least, Angel, for her patience, understanding, and support. Hun, I promise the house will get done before we move!

And with that, I would like to say on behalf of the entire community at NHTOC, thanks for being a supporting member, for always being there to help everybody out, and moreover thank you for your service to our country!! Congrats on TOTM October 2007!
    Last edited by Speedin Bob; 10-01-2007 at 09:14 PM.

ResFirma Mitescere Nescit
    Name: stew

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Congrats SNAKE!! LOOKING damn NICE

El Presidente
    Name:

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Congratumalations. Nice rig.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Congrats Snake.Badazz truck!!!!!!

"Shadow the Hedgehog"
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Snake...CONGRATULATIONS well deserved

Your truck looks awesome,and I guess you need a CDL to drive it

GORGEOUS Truck
    #2256 built in 3/26/02 - 6# lower, 377HP/483TQ before the Whipple.

Man this is expensive!!!
    Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Congrats Snake!!!! A very well deserved honor for all of your hard work. The truck looks AWESOME!!! Guys you should see this thing in person....

thanks for the props, much love brother.

World's Fastest Street HD
    Name: Josh

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    Congrats Bro!!!!! Damn that truck has come a LOOOONG way since you left DE! I need to take a trip to FL to check it out again! lol

Sorry the past few times over the last 6 months or so I havent been very reachable over the phone Few times ya'd call and I'd either miss the call or forget to call back. my bad!! lol We'll have to catch up one of these days, but anyway.......Very well deserved award!!!!!!

Another member of the BOC
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Congrats Snake. Good looking truck you got there

Mid West H/D
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    heck yea i would not change a thing.. killer truck.

needs more cowbell!
    Name: Sheridan

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Way to go! Well deserved.
    Yes officer... I am aware of how fast I was going!

RLTW!
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Simply Awesome, nice job

Saint

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Congrats SNAKE!! LOOKING damn NICE we need to get togeather so I can see it up close!

Wife asks where my $ is..
    Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    That is one tough lookin SD, Congrats on Totm !!!!!!

shenanigans
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    LOVE the lift and the rims!! congrats!!!

2001 Harley Davidson F150 SuperCrew w/ many mods SOLD

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I saw you driving down 275 in Tampa. That truck is even better in person.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast