Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Police Chase Video - Blue Ash Ohio

needs more cowbell!
    Name: Sheridan

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Level of force IS stressed constantly! That was WAY too many rounds to control the situation.

Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    /\/\ Steinjr Your in Law enforcement correct?
    Tazz

needs more cowbell!

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    It was a chapter in my life. I was a Protective Service Agent in the Army and I was an instructor for handgun training.
    Yes officer... I am aware of how fast I was going!

Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I thought so.
    Tazz

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by steinjr View Post
    Level of force IS stressed constantly! That was WAY too many rounds to control the situation.
    Didnt have to worry about the scumbag shooting back though!!!!! I can't imagine the amount of adrinaline pumping after a chase like that.

Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    '02HD#3982
    I don't know about your town in KS but if that happened in T-Town the police officers and the police chief would need to be looking for different jobs the citizens hear would be in an uproar and force them to resign.
    Peeps hear were in an uproar BC some officers used the departments email to send a email to a cival rights activist on there views about the activist. Both were long time members of the force and both got canned for the used of city property for private use and the PC came under fire for not taking action sooner.
    I know it's not the same but they could have used other tactics to stop that vehicle did you see how many squad cars they passed any of those could have attempted to intervene to stop them. Use of deadly force should be the last measure taken after all other measures have been exhausted and that what Steinjr was getting at I beleive. Could have at least shot the tires on the vehicle or had the other cop cars vere them off the side of the road.

Just think if this person was a young very stupid kid his life would over because of a very stupid mistake he made. I just think that they should have exhausted all other possibilities before the officer fired his gun at point blank range and if they had to no avail then go from there.
    Tazz
    Last edited by Tazz; 10-05-2007 at 09:00 PM.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Just some more info on this from the local paper. Not condoning or criticizing what the officers did, but if someone was driving towards you to run you over, what would you do? There MAY be a difference between acting to subdue a subject, and trying to save yourself from harm. But I am no police officer to say what is taking it too far.

http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.d...9070027/-1/all

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Grey Wolf View Post
    Just some more info on this from the local paper. Not condoning or criticizing what the officers did, but if someone was driving towards you to run you over, what would you do? There MAY be a difference between acting to subdue a subject, and trying to save yourself from harm. But I am no police officer to say what is taking it too far.

http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.d...9070027/-1/all

Thats what Im saying,Tazz.If someone came at me and I ended up on the hood of his car,,,,Id probably empty my clip.Im NOT saying what this guy did was right/wrong,,,,just hard to control the body when youre in a situation like that.I unloaded a sawed off 870 on a rattlesnake one day,,,and thought I only shot twice.Guess that's why Im NOT a cop.And I see your point too,,,,

needs more cowbell!

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Probably the toughest part about being a law enforcement officer is having the ability to control your adrenaline so you can make a clear and precise decision in those types of situations.

Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I see your point but cops are supposed to be trained to handle situations like this without going overboard. They are trained to remain calm and think clearly in different suituations. Now you or me mister average joe that don't have that training probably would have so much overload that we would go overboard. Im not by any means saying its easy either. Just as you pointed out in your Rattler incident.
    Tazz

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2