Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: JDM Saleen Upgrade Kit

Who Dat is
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    The airbox and the elbow that connects to it are the same one on the Roush system.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Update: Today I talked to Jim Sr. for about an hour about the issues with thier intake system that I had. What I had found out from him was that I was the very first with the new kit and they were not ready to ship yet. Due to the issues I had with the instructions, an employee thought the was the best thing for the customer (which I can appreciate) was to hurry and ship the product not knowing that the kit was not 100% yet. I am sure after what I went through the staff at JDM is making sure that all kits are 100% complete. After everything is said and done I am happy with the performance of the kit and even more impressed with the customer service that I recieved. My first 100 miles with the kit was a trip to a buddies wedding. The road on the way there was very curvy. I had a blast making my friend sick by throttleing out of every turn and busting the tires loose. The kit over all was a night and day difference. I was ready to return this truck until I put the JDM kit on. If anyone has any questions about there products for the new HD F150 please message me.

On The Wrong East Coast
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Well, mine is sitting at JDM's waiting for a dyno run. Hope I can get to enjoy it soon...

2/5 lowering kit installed.

Complete with Traction bars now too....

Again, done very quickly and hopefully to a good level. Cant wait to get it shipped to the UK.

Kev

World's Fastest Street HD
    Name: Josh

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    truck looks great Kev!

btw, any idea why JDM is no longer a SV on here? they just signed up not that long ago

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Kev did you go with the 8lb pulley or the 10lb pulley?

Name: Rich

Liked 47 Times in 34 Posts
    yeah i saw your truck there at jdm. i was wondering the same thing josh. ill have to ask them.

On The Wrong East Coast
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    JDM installed their 3.00 Pulley to the truck. Hope this equates to around 450bhp I have been told.

Kev

Supporting Vendor
    Name: Jim

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    #356 Josh, we are still here! Just been traveling alot and didnt realize our vendor fee was up! So we were shut down for a few days but we are back!!

Kevins Truck has the 3.00 pulley and should yeild about 430-450 RWHP just guesstimating. It is going to be easily 100+ HP over stock. We are trying to figure out an exhaust upgrade. Id really like to use kooks headers and a nice high flow catted mid pipe with a twin muffler catback similar to what we do with the Lightnings. That will be the best upgrade but its not yet available.

Kevin, Im glad your getting excited we are too! My Dad just got back from the Saleen Michigan plant this weekend and when the weather clears up here (tons of rain!!) we are going to dyno it. Probably tommorow or Sunday!

Zack thanks for the post we are definatley hard at work trying to make sure the kits have the instructions and are 100% clear for install. We were excited to get the kit to you and i appologize for your inconviences. Let me know if there is anything we can do or help you with.

The power gains like you stated are hands down night and day difference, 80 HP and nearly 100 ftlbs should be!!!

We should have traction bars ready soon as we are making them now!

JimIII

On The Wrong East Coast
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    JimIII, just dont burn off too much rubber from the back tires please. Also keep Ricki at least an arms length away from the truck at all times........

As soon as you can send Charles the invoice amount then we can sort getting it shipped from you.

I will leave the exhaust till it gets over here unless you have any other ideas..

Wait to hear from you.

Kev

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I have 2 07 Harley trucks (one with the Saleen S/C, one with the Roush S/C). JDM's intake looks exactly like the one on the Roush. Both trucks run the exact same. I can't imagine a CAI making too much of a difference. Both trucks can barely bark the tires right now. I think a good tune would make a world of difference though.

Chevy Smoker
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I was told that the Saleen S/C trucks come stock with 450 HP is that wrong?

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wwldman View Post
    Put it this way the truck before i bought my Saleen S/C truck was an 06' F150 5.4 with an EDGE power commander. The harley truck would barely beat it. My dad and brother laughed at me when I stood in the throttle. I almost returned the truck.

World's Fastest Street HD
    Name: Josh

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wwldman View Post
    just remember thats crank hp, and most of the guys on here talk rwhp. if that 450 crank hp is correct, its only equivalent to roughly 360 rwhp

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Just curious any MPG increase with the intake and tuner?

Chevy Smoker
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    So will the Roush intake work or not. Is the JDM kit the only one on the market. I do not want any pulley changes, I am just looking for the CAI system.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast