Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: JDM Saleen Upgrade Kit

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I belive that the Rousch is diferent. My dad has it on his truck and I do not think it will work.

Name: me

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Last edited by sman113; 02-23-2011 at 11:04 AM.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    You will be happy you did it.

#81 Roush Stage 3
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    wild,
    The Roush intake is only for the NON-Supercharged Harleys. They do not offer an cold air intake for the SC 5.4 trucks. I own a Stage 3 Roush and the only honest upgrades for the engine is a great tune. Mine was done by Torrie and it made a world of a difference. RWHP was 370hp and about 450 torque. My MPG went up from 11-12mpg to 14-15 mpg hwy.

Who Dat is
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mustang5095 View Post
    wild,
    The Roush intake is only for the NON-Supercharged Harleys. They do not offer an cold air intake for the SC 5.4 trucks. I own a Stage 3 Roush and the only honest upgrades for the engine is a great tune. Mine was done by Torrie and it made a world of a difference. RWHP was 370hp and about 450 torque. My MPG went up from 11-12mpg to 14-15 mpg hwy.

I have seen the roush S/C truck intake before.
    Roush offers a cold air intake for the S/C trucks ( it's advertised on their website with their S/C kit). I tried to find a pic, and it does look like the Saleen air intake., which I'm sure is what JDM is sellling. the only other air intake that's different is the whipple CAI.

#81 Roush Stage 3
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    huot5,
    Please help me find the cold air intake because the website says the cold air are NOT for the SC intercooled applications. They do sell the intake with the supercharger kit but this is not an open filter. The air element is placed in a box with a standard paper air filter. You can not even get a replacement air filter from K&N as of yet. If you have seen a different kit somewhere else please help me because I have been looking for years now. Even CFRAdam has looked with me but it appears I would have to build one to fit right now. 2006 5.4 Intercooled SC F-150....mustang
    Last edited by mustang5095; 04-24-2008 at 07:11 AM.

Chevy Smoker
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Ed,

Do you have a link or a pic or any other info. I really want a CAI but not for a grand....LOL

Who Dat is
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mustang5095 View Post
    huot5,
    Please help me find the cold air intake because the website says the cold air are NOT for the SC intercooled applications. They do sell the intake with the supercharger kit but this is not an open filter. The air element is placed in a box with a standard paper air filter. You can not even get a replacement air filter from K&N as of yet. If you have seen a different kit somewhere else please help me because I have been looking for years now. Even CFRAdam has looked with me but it appears I would have to build one to fit right now. 2006 5.4 Intercooled SC F-150....mustang
    that's the one. yeah, it's not an open filter type of CAI . the one Roush advertises looks ( is) like the Airaid CAI. call airaid , see if they can do something like that for S/C apps.

2008 F150 FX2 LOADED
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I guess one of the downfalls of owning a 'newer' truck is it takes the aftermarket a little while to catch up

Chevy Smoker
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Very true.

#81 Roush Stage 3
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I called Airraid and Volant about a CAI for teh supercharged packages. They do not have one as of now.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    i dont think the cold air will be as good as good tune would do. I mean it already has a tight 90 degree bend in the air intake. It would be nice to get a cowl hood or a hood scoop and take out that nasty 90 bend in intake.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4