Thread: 1st impressions with Zaino (w/ pics

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

1st impressions with Zaino (w/ pics

So I decided to jump on the zaino bandwagon. I must say, the stuff is great! I'm using the Z5 with ZFX followed by Z6. I was surprised at how easily it goes on/off. I had been using some sort of turtle wax and that stuff was a PAIN to get off, and left white marks on rubber/plastic. Only took about 1.5 hr to do a Dawn wash, coat of Z5/ZFX, and a coat of Z6.

My only problem areas were:

Since the Z5 doesn't dry to a white haze, it was tough to determine where I had put it, and I know I went over a few areas twice because I couldn't see much, if any haze at all... this was pretty minor though.

2) The Z6 is not the best in direct sunlight on heated panels. It would literally evaporate in 2 seconds once it hit the panel. (It was about 75deg, but half the truck was in direct sunlight, and the panels were pretty hot). So in the end I probably used a little more Z6 than I wanted, but again no big deal.

Overall, I was very surprised at the ease of application, and the results were great! check out the pics below. (this is one coat of Z5/ZFX and Z6)

ResFirma Mitescere Nescit
    Name: stew

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Looking great

Truckless........for now.
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Looks great. Now come on over and do my truck.

World's Fastest Street HD
    Name: Josh

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    looks great man! you'll find yourself using that Z6 quite often lol. The good thing is its relatively cheap. in the sun just gotta go quick and use small sections, but nearly any QD spray no matter what the brand will usually evaporate quickly on black in the sun haha.

did you try any other Z products out? some Z2 will make the reflections pop a bit more, and the Z8 spray is more on the pricey side for QD spray, but makes the paint SOOOOO slick and smooth

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Haven't tried anything else yet... just wanted to "get my feet wet" so to speak. The next thing I want to tackle is the deeper swirl marks. The previous owner seems to have put a good amount of them over the hood/front fenders.

Josh I don't know how you can put so many coats of this stuff on. I mean, it is easy to apply, but 7 or more coats of this stuff would take a looooooooong time. I'll probably get up to 3 and that'll be it. I just don't have the determination

World's Fastest Street HD
    Name: Josh

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    haha you'll get the process down then its cake. especially with a buffer!

plus can only do 3 in a day, so it breaks it up a bit lol

i may do a few more coats tomorrow. only did 1 coat a few weeks ago

4Sale in the classifieds
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I gotta get one of those!!!! Ebay perhaps...

I've never seen a HD truck shaped mirror before!! Do you plan on moving that into the bathroom or maybe the dining area?? Wow, what a awesome piece!

For real though, very nice!! You should try driving that truck sometime!!LOL
    Much props!!