Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Got my truck back and already in trouble

Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    ok after doing some research I found that the 5284 means Oil Pressure Switch Failure. WTF is that and how do I fix it. It was weird the truck is still running the same since ive put the headers on and out of nowhere the light came on.

World's Fastest Street HD
    Name: Josh

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    from what I understand thats a normal code. the truck wasnt running when you did it was it?

anyway, dont worry about that code, nothings wrong. there were no others though? If the CEL is still on when you get the catback on, take it to advance auto and have them pull the computer codes.

did you see my question about if he hooked up the EGR?

Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    So i shouldnt be worried that the truck threw this code? If it was fine then why did it through it?. As for the egr beeing hooked up correctly, It was all hooked in correctly also I just remember you saying somthing about having the hole already drilled out for the wideband a/f gauge and having to put a bolt in there until I get that gauge. Well i forgot to tell him that, do you think thats gonna have somthing to play a role in somthing beeing wrong.

Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    ok went and got the 2 2ft peices of pipe and I dont even need em . I decided will im doing this ill put in my bassani x pipe so now all i have to do is cut 2-3 inches off of the high flow mids and ill be good. the only prob im having now is that when they origonally put on my catback they didnt use the hanger by the tips and they used one of the cheapo hangers to hang it by the mufflers so it hangs extra low. With it hanging this low my one muffler has a big dent in it . its sorta ok theres no hole or anything, but if i go to resell it im afraid its going to def hurt the value.

Name: Rich

Liked 47 Times in 34 Posts
    its goint to hurt the value. but shouldn't hurt the perf. the hole for the wide band will cause a leak and you would know it. as for the code. check to make sure you have oil. also check to make sure the wires going to the oil press. switch are connected or see if they got near the headers and melted.

Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    O boy here we go searching for the stuff I hate. So far I have all of the exhuast back on except for the mufflers and so on. Its really hard when its raining so hard you cant see and your jack breaks so you have to sqeez under it. wow im happy I didnt finish with dropping it lower

FEATURED
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Sounds like a guy over here this last weekend.. sounded like a dragster coming down 571, but turned out to be some 4x4 looking black Lightning thinking it was cool, but just really sounded like chit.

Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    well i got my bassani x pipe in and like 2 foot worth the exhuast pipe. Now I just gotta figure out these hangers and hook up the mufflers.The only prob is, is that where the mids meet the x pipes only about a 1/4 inch of the mid pipe is actually in the x pipe. I still have to tweakwith it. I might get ride of the bassani catback and just put in a dual in dual out muffler and finish it up that way.

FEATURED
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Dibs on the bassani muffer itself, no tips or anything, if you decide to change it.

he has a dent in one chris. but if anyone can get under your truck to see it then they are looking to close!!!

i just picked my truck up today!! i must say 4.10 gears are fun!!

FEATURED
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Ill have my decision if im gona try and sell the bassani mufflers in the next couple of days. Chris if your interested drop me a pm since the one has a dent in it ill let em go cheap. Right now im trying to decide if I actualy wanna go with the dual in dual out muffler. The bassani has 2 mufflers and im woundering how much diff. the set up[ would be.
    Ok rich i have the jb quick weld, and the brake cleaner. I just called mike at mad and ordered the coil pack screws, 2 bottles of s/c fluid, and the ngk sparks plugs. I hope that is all that I need for now. Im going to order the oil sep next week, after the order and having to finish the exhuast and then the car insurance im gonna be toasted.

Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Oh yhea mike said that he beleives that that code might be for the sensor. Somthing about the headers might have burned it up from to much heat.
    02 dsg
    Current mods.
    JLP stage 3 motor,kb 2.3, jlp plenum,bassani comp r exhuast,High stall torque converter,2" rear drop, JLP CAI, Accufab TB, Diablo h/h, jlp dyno tune,3.2 upper, #10L, ,mafia,jlp oil ell. kit, dynojet wideband,JLP long bars, JLP IC tank,255 pumps,weapon x coil packs, denso plugs
    08'best:13.151@95.63 402/476
    09'best:11.89@115 548/590
    10'best:11.43@121 549/587

next up:2.6 kb,built trans,

yeah thats what i was thinking. you should be good on everything. the l&s sep. is cake to install. you can do that after we do everything to your truck. i put around 200 miles on mine before i put the sep on and you saw what it looked like!

Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    After I get this stuff taken care of im gonna order my ftvb and the e-fan. Probably next week sometime

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast