Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: GTG anyone?????

Name: Sean

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I think the gtg idea is great but if we can keep the mods to minor stuff it'd be better for everyone. The past couple of gtg's we have people with a laundry list of mods to be done and some times it ends up people helping that person out spends all day on that truck. They don't get a chance to just hang out and that sours them on the whole gtg experience. I would love to have as many FHTOC members to come to our gtg's but one of the reasons why they don't attend is because they are ususally the ones doing all of the modding for other people.

If we can make it a dyno day to just hang out and shoot the breeze and maybe a few plug changes or SC changes that'd be great. We want to make it fun for everyone. If we can do that I'll make the 4.5 hour drive to Jax.
    Sean E.
    '02 DSG HD ( Gone but will always have a special place in my heart...)

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SoFlaHarley View Post
    I think the gtg idea is great but if we can keep the mods to minor stuff it'd be better for everyone. The past couple of gtg's we have people with a laundry list of mods to be done and some times it ends up people helping that person out spends all day on that truck. They don't get a chance to just hang out and that sours them on the whole gtg experience. I would love to have as many FHTOC members to come to our gtg's but one of the reasons why they don't attend is because they are ususally the ones doing all of the modding for other people.

If we can make it a dyno day to just hang out and shoot the breeze and maybe a few plug changes or SC changes that'd be great. We want to make it fun for everyone. If we can do that I'll make the 4.5 hour drive to Jax.
    I know exactly what you mean. I had the same feeling last gtg as I had things I wanted to get accomplished and spent all day working on other people's vehicles. Which had its +s and -s. I didnt' get anything done on my truck....but had i f*ed something up, it wasn't my truck....just kidding. I'm not trying to offend anyone here, but I totally agree with you. Its one thing to come with some mods you want to do and you've had buddies say yeah i'll help ya out. But its an entirely different thing to come with a bunch of mods and expect them to be done for you. This isn't American Harley Truck Get Together, lol. I'm looking forward to helping Mario with his whipple (ha ha). But other than that I'm just looking to get on the dyno, get some numbers and drink some sudds.

Que Bolada!!!
    Name:

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    I currently have a kidney up for sale or even trade for whipple.

Charter Member
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Well i'm guilty of letting my brothers do all the work...i spent most of the day leaned against a tree barfing from my chemo.

Po Po's HD
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    count me in, just tell me when and I promise I have no mods this time because I am broke now.

JUST FOR SoFlaHarley
    Name: Adam

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fepony View Post
    Well i'm guilty of letting my brothers do all the work...i spent most of the day leaned against a tree barfing from my chemo.
    that wasnt much fun to watch either.cant stand to see someone not feel well.you can count me in as long as nobody abuses me with mods.I'd like to play the supervisor this time and just walk around and point at things and not get dirty

Adam

Charter Member
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    You were a real lifesaver. It went from bad to worse that night at the motel. Thanks again for all the help everyone.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cfradam View Post
    that wasnt much fun to watch either.cant stand to see someone not feel well.you can count me in as long as nobody abuses me with mods.I'd like to play the supervisor this time and just walk around and point at things and not get dirty

Adam
    I got dibs on assisting Adam!

4Sale in the classifieds
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Hey Joe, Ask Torrie if we could set up with Sean at Roe Racing!!!!

If you have seen Torries MySpace, the video of the two GTTT's almost wrecking on that runway, that's the place!!

So a shop and a runway to get crazy and maybe even run, would be sweeeet!!

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    on a side note, I learned to play golf across the street from that place.

Clean and SLOW!
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    so now the question is when and where?

Clean and SLOW!
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stetford1 View Post
    I know we have all thrown the gtg idea around, but I think it would be cool to do one before all the holidays start hitting. What do you guys think? Even its just a one day deal at a hooters or wing house.

On a side note, anyone one coming up, down or over for the Turkey rod run? Do any of you guys enter?

def going to be in daytona for that one! im just hoping the party bus is going with me!

Member # 125
    Name: -

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

gtg

I will be cruising A1A during the rod runs if any body wants to meet up in Daytona. A gtg @ Roe racing sounds very interesting indeed.

553-558 14lbs
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    we should have a golf day

2003 Shamu Screw
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Black N Blown View Post
    we should have a golf day
    DO IT!!... I've done a few with other LS2GTO (GONE crew) members and we had a blast.
    A few pics from one: http://ls2gto.com/forums/showthread....highlight=golf

My level of play is based on how many balls I lose as to how many I find. LOL
    FL courses are MUCH less expensive than the N/E too.

BTW... if anyone plans one in the Clearwater/Tampa area between 12/19 & 12/29 count me in... I'll be down there.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast